User talk:Darth Covah
Also see: Archive 1.
Welcome to my Talk Page! Feel free to comment on anything you like. Just please use common sense while commenting - improper comments will be removed.
- 1 I ve got alot of those cards,
- 2 Dark Armed Junk
- 3 Invitation pending
- 4 DMU and you
- 5 Deck Guides
- 6 Yo Wanna Duel???
- 7 RE:
MathsForum:Ratios: need help
- 8 Re:Hello!
- 9 MSN
- 10 My favorite decks
- 11 My number one favorite deserves a fun title like this
- 12 Dark Simorgh Aid
- 13 Decks for Free!
- 14 Your Decks for Free! request
- 15 Deck Guide
- 16 Invitation
- 17 About Deck Guides
- 18 Re: Model Kits
- 19 Hi
- 20 I'd love to duel :D
- 21 GX
- 22 Hey
I ve got alot of those cards,
I will proxy the ones I don't have and let you know how it runs. Thanks again for your help, I appreciate it. For the Diamond Dude Turbo Deck, both versions. I will proxy them both and go from there. Is Monster Reborn going to be banned as well. I have some of the Japaneese cards, which in my local tournaments it can be used, as well as for her who doesn't duel in tournaments. It is still cheaper to get the more expensive cards from Japan for a cheaper price.
Dark Armed Junk
- The banlist is brutal & forgiving. Just look for this deck on the Deck help forum & you'll see what the banlist did to me & for me.
--E-Dizzle 19:11, 22 August 2009 (UTC)
- I updated it. now take a look.
--E-Dizzle 19:39, 22 August 2009 (UTC)
I've submitted your name to the rest of the guidemakers. We'll get back to you shortly on whether you've been invited or not. --Tantara 14:08, 23 August 2009 (UTC)
- The guidemakers have approved your inclusion, get your @$$ down there --Tantara (talk) 23:29, 23 August 2009 (UTC)
DMU and you
Hey there, the DMU tutorials can be found on youtube which I suggest ya look up because yeah.. some people are kind of mean there when it comes to newbies. otherwise the link for the main website depends on what internet server you have, firefox, internet explorer, ect. So I will just post the link I got from it.
There ya go, hope to see you on there, you just basically have to download it by clicking on the rainbow circle.. or whatever it is and it should start the download program. It is soo cool, at least it is better then dueling over Msn in my opinion lol.
Sandy Sagebrush 19:04, 25 August 2009 (UTC)
hey Tantara is getting mad because none has posted on deck guide Blackwingggys 00:41, September 16, 2009 (UTC)
Yo Wanna Duel???
I was wondering if you wanted to have a duel or two. i wanted to test my GB deck and my original Blackwing deck before i make my new one (Vayu Turbo) and also my plant deck which i did for fun but it actually came out good. So you want to duel. I am in albania, yes, right above you but i am US bred. I can duel anytime except before 4:30 cause i am in school/ not home yet. I am not a guy to tell things to strangers so dont expect any personal info anytime soon unless i am confident. I would prefer we duel later like around 7, 7 30 in Albania (dont know time difference if there is any). What do ya think. Drop me a line on my page.
NYKid8295 19:12, October 13, 2009 (UTC)
MathsForum:Ratios: need help
When I say "counting", I'm referring to how P(pulling the desired card) = (# of ways of pulling the desired card)/(#of ways of pulling). You're counting some cases twice, so (# of ways of pulling the desired card) higher than what it should be.
There's also your statement,
- P(picking the desired card)=(1/14)+(1/14)+(1/14)+(1/14)+(1/14)=5/14=35,71%
If you want to add, then the cases have to be mutually exclusive. So, P(pulling the desired card) = P(Case #1) + P(Case #2) + ... + P(Case #5), where the cases are independent. What you have is P(pulling the desired card) = P(pulling the card on the first pull) + ... P(pulling the card on the fifth pull). The problem is, they're not independent.
For example, let's say that the first two pulls are the desired card. Then this is accounted for in both "pulling the card on the first pull" and "pulling the card on the second pull". Thus, there's some overlap, so you can't add. If you try to add, then each P(Case) is going to be higher than what it should be.
P.S. Yeah, I'm going for a Bachelor's in pure math, so I need to know this stuff. It's basically a philosophy degree, so there's not much I can do with it, so I need to also know a lot of other stuff :P
P.P.S. Pardon? What about your user page? The Exodia thing?
- Yes, you should be able to do so.
- Hm.... it would probably be P(pulling the desired card) = P(pulling exactly one copy) + ... + P(pulling exactly five copies). This should be 5*(1/14)^1*(13/14)^4 + 10*(1/14)^2*(13/14)^3 + 10*(1/14)^3*(13/14)^2 + 5*(1/14)^4*(13/14) + 1*(1/14)^5 = 31%-ish, which means I probably did something wrong....
- P.S. Heh, thanks. I'll need all the luck I can get. Good luck to you too!
- P.P.S. Whoa. I totally didn't notice that I said that O.o
Hello there. After taking a peek at your User Page, I now see that we are long-lost twins who have everything in common. Everything on your "Things I like/hate" sections, I agree with. I quite honestly couldn't find a single thing to disagree with (WARNING: I do run Dark Armed Dragon in my Plants though....) Anyway, I would love to duel you sometime, I haven't had a good, fun match in ages. I am unsure of how to duel on the MSN, and for some reason I am unable to log onto the IRC. I would love it if you showed me how I could duel you, and I look forward to it!!--Black Rose 23:06, November 3, 2009 (UTC)
It's not about the credibility of the duels, it's that I don't know where to sign up, or how.--Black Rose 23:25, November 3, 2009 (UTC)
Quite the long explanation there, and I thank you for taking the time to explain it. I look forward to dueling you sometime, although I don't have the time to sign up for an MSN right at the moment. By the way, what are some of your favorite deck types, besides my pretty little garden?--Black Rose 23:45, November 3, 2009 (UTC)
My favorite decks
I am indeed a Meta-hater, but it's a different story if you have fun while playing the deck, I suppose. Just please don't use those Lightsworns for all of our matches, of course. Anyway, a few of my favorite decks to play are as follows:
5th: Infernitys. A deck that relies on having no cards in your hand takes quite a bit of skill, wouldn't you agree? Plus, Kiryu is my second favorite Dark Signer. Gyahahaha!!! Satisfy me!!! (The only time you'll see me lose my composure: Being Kiryu ^^)
4th: Fairy decks, but not Counter Fairies or anything like that, I have my own Fairy deck in the making dedicated to the god of all fairies, Neo-Parshath, the Sky Paladin! Cestus of Dagla is also one of my favorite Equip Cards, so it works out just fine.
3rd: Nearly anything made by Runer5h. Decks with such originality deserve a few rounds of applause.
2nd: Now that we're getting close to the more beautiful flowers (HINT TO THE NUMBER ONE DECK RIGHT THERE), allow me to reveal my second place deck. Spiders!!! Insects are my second favorite type, and Spiders are just so fun to use. I reccomend that you check out my WDC 12 deck, since it combines the power of Spiders and Lightsworns!! The Spiders may only have 5 monsters right now, but I am hoping they come out with more, and actually make them have official support!
My number one favorite deserves a fun title like this
1st place goes to Plants!!! I ran plants before Crossroads of Chaos even, based on a Prickle Fairy defence/burn engine. I love my Plants dearly, and would most likely quit dueling if something happened to them.--Black Rose 00:53, November 4, 2009 (UTC)
Dark Simorgh Aid
Firstly thank you for liking the new build and to answer your question yes I suppose you could run slate warrior but not twin-headed but the reason I chose Luster Dragon is because it can simply be summond and atk slate will most likely be set first to gain his effect.--Berfomet 23:12, November 4, 2009 (UTC)
and finally i frown upon foolish and card destruction for these reasons
- Card-D you could lose some importent cards where as Hand-D lets you chose what you lose.
- Foolish I suppose you could include it but it has no really effective target other then Dark Simorgh which with the increase draw power can be gaind much easyier--Berfomet 23:15, November 4, 2009 (UTC)
Decks for Free!
- If you're unhappy with the one that Beformet supplied you with, I'd be more than happy to look it over, myself. --Tantara (talk) 01:08, November 6, 2009 (UTC)
- I'll get right on it. I saw Beformet's build and knew that you wouldn't be satisfied. Such cliche builds aren't good enough for a superior deck builder such as yourself. You mind if I use the Hidden Arsenal cards? Namely Soldier of Mist Valley ;) --Tantara (talk) 01:21, November 6, 2009 (UTC)
- Here's what I've got for you. I did very little editing, here.
Dark Simorgh Lock
- I've been thinking about it and the problem is deck space. I guess you could remove spare cards such as a copy of Book of Moon and maybe a Foolish Burial, but you're really hard pressed for space. If you're going to go with any RFG-return card, go with DDR as it can be searched via Hidden Armory (although you already know that...). Anyways, good luck! --Tantara (talk) 21:16, November 8, 2009 (UTC)
Your Decks for Free! request
If you are unsatisfied with the current result, you can repost your request on the forum, and have another one of our deck builders help you with it. I can do it, if you want. -bewk
- Oops, didn't see Tantara's post. Nevermind. -bewk
Yep I picked Blackwings since I felt I could make a nice guide on it. I've already started the work, and it may actually be done this weekend if I get some other things done. I'm looking forward to your Twilight guide =P. --Sub (Talk | Contribs) 22:26, November 20, 2009 (UTC)
I would like in inform you that I have just created a duelist friendly and safe chat on my user page for duelist. I'm also asking if you would like to be a moderator for the chat. I, as the owner, have seen you about the boards all the time and would be honored if you would accept this position. I can see from experience you love/enjoy this game as much as I do and will work to helping other duelist who may not be as experienced as you. If you wish to decline this offer please feel free. If you would like to accept please leave me a message on my users page with the name you are going to be referred to on the Chat. Thank you and I hope to talk to you soon.
--TheDivineDuelist 19:49, January 28, 2010 (UTC)
About Deck Guides
Maybe made some Sample Deck like others Guides does, this can help the Newbie very much and those which can't sleep because don't know how to build a Lightsworn/Twilight Deck
Re: Model Kits
It's official Yu-Gi-Oh! merchandise, so I think we should give it some documentation. Although, I think the proper name for the product is "Yu-Gi-Oh! Deluxe Model Kit". The article should probably be cleaned-up rather than deleted. We already have images of some of the models e.g. File:SlifertheSkyDragon-DeluxeModel-FIGURE.png. You can see more of them on Amazon.com. -- Deltaneos (talk) 17:54, June 15, 2010 (UTC)
- My mistake. the article was about two different model kits, one of which was the "Deluxe Model Kit", so I've cut "Deluxe" out of the page name. -- Deltaneos (talk) 21:02, June 15, 2010 (UTC)
Γειά, εγω ειμαι απο την Πατρα. Anyway, I saw your page, projects, translations and i also saw the edit you made. Look, I wasn't offended in any way, so relax. I reverted it because i thought that adding the Approximate template to that card would be pointless. I don't think it's very smart if we flag as approximations all the non-anime cards that's insane. Plus, it's been a while since i last watched the greek dub and i don't remember all the name given. To tell you the truth, i never really liked it but that's another story. Of course i want to work with you, i can't translate all the names by myself. I think that's obvious. Actually, I intended to leave you a message today but i forgot. (ηταν και τα καλλιστεια σημερα καταλαβαινεις!) No matter however since you left me a message. I have already contacted two other greek users who have helped me several times with my translations. They are Lon3wolf and Ianus-kun. Great guys, you should talk to them too in case you haven't yet. Yes, you'll definitely need my help coz i see you are busy with other projects as well. You might wanna see my user page. I've added a section with names i can't translate or i've given them very loose translations. Feel free to edit them. (και μην ανησυχεις δε θα προσβληθω!).
Sorry for the approximate name but i prefer to add it to card names which have not been translated very well. It's better this way dude. Now abt that discussion you had with the translators, what can i say. I wasn't invited, although i suppose it took place before i joined the wiki. I'm a relatively new member... Anyway, i know Deltaneos and i have asked his advice many times but he never mentioned this discussion. (και πριν αρχισεις παλι να ανησυχεις, οχι δεν εχω προσβληθει που δεν μου ειπε κανενας γι'αυτη!) I started translating coz I REALLY WANTED TO DO STH USEFUL here and it was the only thing that crossed my mind. I used to add greek lores and trivia too but those edits weren't exactly what you would call successful...
Τελως παντων sorry αν σε κουρασα. Μακρυγόρησα πολυ αλλα αυτο ειναι το στυλ μου. Αν με αφησεις να μιλαω για ενα θεμα δεν μπορω να σταματησω με τπτ. Χαρηκα πολυ που σε γνωρισα αληθεια, φαινεσαι πολυ ενταξει τυπος. Μη χαθουμε. --Montechristo95 23:12, June 16, 2010 (UTC)
- I was sure you would see the logic in my words. I think if a translation is that bad we can add a comment or a definition to the card names page. I don't know what Delta will say but there's no way i go back adding the approximate name. To think i intended to look at the list of the approximate greek names and see if i can improve them... Yes, yes i'm looking forward to it too. (τη συνεργασια λεω). I also want to add the greek names and i'll start oficially this weekend when i'll be free from all those godamn exams. (παω Γ γυμνασιου καταλαβαινεις). --Montechristo95 23:28, June 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Hello Darth Kovah, I hope you don't mind me butting in here... =) If you look around some, you'll see that I've already talked to Montechristo95 and Ianus-kun about tagging pages with approximate names (though Ianus-kun hasn't replied yet). I also wasn't aware of that discussion you linked to, but it doesn't really look like it got anywhere - just a few comments, and then it died. In any case, though, it would be cool if you're willing to tag pages as you add approximate names to them, but don't worry about tagging those which already have approximate names - I can set up a bot run to tag them automatically; I just need a list of cards which *do* have official names (since the list of cards without them would be much longer...). Thanks in advance! =) 「ダイノガイ千？！」? · Talk⇒Dinoguy1000 01:05, June 17, 2010 (UTC)
- I didn't mind you butting in, but I did mind you misspelling my name xD. Yeah, the discussion did reach a dead end abruptly to be honest. I do add the "Approximate" tag whenever adding unofficial names. As for other cards that need the tag, and the bot, well it is a good idea. However, I'll have to find some way to get a hold of the Greek dubbed anime (which stopped being produced at some random point) and get the cards as well as the official names. That will be a big pain - maybe more than it's worth. But I'll see what I can do about it. I'll keep you posted. --Darth Covah (Talk | DeckZone | Binder) 01:42, June 17, 2010 (UTC)
- Heh, sorry about that - I was typing from memory, instead of looking up two inches at the page name. ;P Don't worry too much about the list if it really does look to be too much trouble; as long as I can find out which episodes *were* produced, I can still hack together an approximate list of cards which *should* have official Greek names. =) 「ダイノガイ千？！」? · Talk⇒Dinoguy1000 06:20, June 17, 2010 (UTC)
- Oh c'mon guys. Sorry if i am becoming a jerk but really i don't see the point. You mean that each time we add a name we have to call it an approximation just because it wasn't mentioned in the anime?!? But very few episodes were produced and therefore the cards which were "correctly" translated should be very few. Dinoguy1000, no offense but i think you make a fuss for nothing. I suggest we create a list of card names which have been loosely translated. You guys talk abt the dubbed version like it's totally correct... --Montechristo95 10:59, June 17, 2010 (UTC)
- It's not about the dubbed anime being correct, it's about the translations being official. Policy dictates we should tag unofficial translations as approximations, regardless of how good they are. It's wiki policy, and we should follow it. I know you regard your translations highly, and so do I, for that matter, but this is not about us, but about informing others. Take yourself out of the equation, and try and look at it objectively. By tagging the translation as an approximation, you don't say "oh, I suck at English, so I'm gonna say that my translation is an approximation lulz". That's the wrong thing to think! You should understand that you're helping increase the amount of knowledge in the wiki. Even something as simple as tagging can go a long ways. --Darth Covah (Talk | DeckZone | Binder) 13:33, June 17, 2010 (UTC)
- Whatever. I totally disagree with it but damn i have to do it. If that's the rule then OK i'll abide by it (until someone sees the obvious error in it and changes it). I don't take it personal if that's what you mean and i am not proving myself by adding names. I do it to help others you know, just like you, i hope. From now on i'm gonna add the approximate name template to each and every card i translate.
- Sorry, but i don't remember all the cards that appeared in the anime, i hope i won't make many mistakes. Could you please tell me whether season 5 was dubbed in greek or not coz i can't really remember right now... And perhaps we need to talk abt a common translation to certain Archetypes of monsters so that we don't change them every now and then.
- I apologise for my constant objection, didn't mean to offense any of you guys. Hope we can still work as a team. --Montechristo95 21:16, June 17, 2010 (UTC)
- I'll try and get a list of Greek dubbed episodes. Cards that appear in them will have official translations. 99% of the cards don't have approximate translations. As for common translations for archetypes, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Personally, I translate names starting from LOB and moving to the next booster. So named archetypes don't come up for a while. However, for some names (such as Junk, which can be translated as "Σκουπίδι" or "Παλιοσίδερο"), whoever translates first gets to put their translation down, and if another translator disagrees, then we can discuss it. Deciding on the translation of all archetypes beforehand would be too laborious. --Darth Covah (Talk | DeckZone | Binder) 22:41, June 17, 2010 (UTC)
- As you wish. Feel free to ask my advice if you need anything. (man this section is geting pretty big!) --Montechristo95 23:01, June 17, 2010 (UTC)
- Reading your above comments, Montechristo95, it appears your biggest problem is the use of the word "approximate" in the template - this is something that has also been bothering me for awhile, and for the record, the word predates the template - when I created it, I was merely copying the wording I saw in 99.9% of cases ("approximation" has been used in every case I've seen; the variation mostly comes from punctuation and styling, with very rare changes in the wording of other parts of the tag). I have actually been considering starting a discussion in the forum on whether there is consensus on changing it to "unofficial"/"not official"; I guess I should go do that. =) 「ダイノガイ千？！」? · Talk⇒Dinoguy1000 01:13, June 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Created - see Forum:Approximate name - "approximate" or "unofficial"?. 「ダイノガイ千？！」? · Talk⇒Dinoguy1000 01:26, June 18, 2010 (UTC)
I'd love to duel :D
I'm firstname.lastname@example.org... I'm on the computer whenever I'm home, so basically whenever you're up for it, I am haha. MACaROni 15:18, June 19, 2010 (UTC)
Hey Darth Covah what's up? It's me Montechristo95. I left you this message in order to inform you abt a new greek translator who recently joined this wiki. His name is RabbitUp and he became a member 2 days ago. I contacted him and after some very long discussions he told me that there is actually a Greek dub of GX. Did you know it? I didn't. He says it started abt one year ago. All right, they have already dubbed the first season and judging from an episode I watched, it's even worse than the previous one. Anyway, back to the point. RabbitUp says he has already watched most episodes and I thought it'd be good if i let him add the official names of the monsters. He asked me to contact any Greek translators I know and inform them abt him and his work. Just so you know, if you see a lame translation in a GX monster from now on don't change it since it will be official.
BTW, I suppose you probably know this but still I'm gonna tell ya just to be on the safe side: The dub of the first Yu-Gi-Oh! series has been completed; so don't bother searching when it finished. --Montechristo95 17:39, June 25, 2010 (UTC)
- No need for that dude. Go find it in Youtube. . Btw, you said "abomination".............cool --Montechristo95 (talk • contribs) 20:28, June 25, 2010 (UTC)
- Hi there! I'm RabbitUp. I can see Montechristo95 already informed you of my little project. When you say "abomination" you can't begin to imagine just how right you are. While the original Yu-Gi-Oh! dub was of rather decent quality, Gx looks and sounds like a fandub at best. So yeah, I'm watching that crap and add the "official" Greek names as they appear. I always try to leave a special note for future editors, something along the lines of "official Greek name added", "changed Greek name's status to official" or "Greek name's official status confirmed". When you see any of these, well, that was me >.> --RabbitUp (talk • contribs) 20:59, June 25, 2010 (UTC)
Hey man sorry I missed you on MSN last night. I was AFK when you tried to talk to me, and by the time I came back you were off =\. Anyway if you ever see me on be sure to send a message, and I'll be sure to send you one as well if I see you. It's been a while since we chatted. --Sub (Talk | Contribs) 02:35, November 18, 2010 (UTC)