|Help support Yugipedia by using our Chrome extension, which redirects links to the old Wikia/Fandom site to Yugipedia, ensuring you see the most up-to-date information. Firefox users don't worry—a similar Firefox add-on will be out soon. If you have any issues or find any bugs, be sure to let us know on Discord!|
|This page is an archive. Please do not edit this archive, instead try editing the page this archive originated from.|
Seven Barian Emperors
Can you please lock this page, I don't care what you decide is correct but please anything to end the edit war...
I've tried to explain each persons reasoning to the other, but no one seems to actually want to go to the talk page, leave a message on there wall etc...
I tried again just now by adding to the the talk page but I doubt that will be enough, please help :( --slave(command) 07:26, October 1, 2013 (UTC)
- The article was fully locked for a day by Deltaneos, and the edit war hasn't resumed since the protection expired. I'm willing to continue leaving the article unprotected unless an edit war starts up again. 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 02:16, October 2, 2013 (UTC)
- They were recently removed from being displayed in the main table, along with all other languages besides English, Japanese, Korean, Italian, French, German, Spanish, and Portuguese (and maybe one other). TwoTailedFox was the one that removed them; he can provide more info on his reasoning behind it than I could. =) 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 22:53, October 12, 2013 (UTC)
- I would really rather avoid adding parameters for these, since there have been only a scant handful of cards with such changes to their ATK/DEF, so in this case it would be better if you could do this with existing parameters. If you find a way to do so that requires a parameter to be adjusted some, though, let me know and I'll see what I can do. =) 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 23:54, October 14, 2013 (UTC)
Hiya Dinoguy. I wanted to add this video to the Wiki for the purpose of showcasing "Rank-Up-Magic The Seventh One" and the Over-Hundred Chaos Numbers, but Cheesedude asked me to run it by you first. I've obviously edited it considerably to reduce the length, but I can edit it further if it's too long.--YamiWheeler (talk • contribs) 16:25, October 17, 2013 (UTC)
- I think the length is probably fine, but the more important question is whether the video shows anything that can't be depicted just with images and prose. This is a somewhat trickier question, and I'm not the best one to answer it, both because of my unfamiliarity with the anime and because I don't actually have any experience working with videos on wikis from this perspective. 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 06:43, October 18, 2013 (UTC)
- An understandable concern. I personally think it'd be fine because our video policy does make exceptions for summoning sequences, which are difficult to portray via prose or images. In this case, it'd require over 8 images to be scattered across a page, rather than 1 simple video. I get that it isn't your expertise though, so if you want to suggest someone else I can ask about this, that's fine too.--YamiWheeler (talk • contribs) 19:17, October 21, 2013 (UTC)
- To be honest, I don't really think there is anyone "best suited" to ask about this, at least on our wiki. What our video policy says on the matter really doesn't make much difference, since this is a question of fair use, and if fair use law disagrees with our policy we're still in the wrong even if the policy has community support (as it does). That being said, my current understanding of fair use law, combined with the fact that Konami hasn't issued any takedowns for our arguably far more worrisome attempt to comprehensively catalog every print of every card ever printed, suggests we'll be fine in this case (but, and I cannot stress this enough, I am not a lawyer, and I could be wrong =) ).
- As far as using videos specifically to portray summoning, keep in mind that animated GIFs are also an option, one that I think I prefer as long as the GIF doesn't look horrible, since displaying a GIF isn't nearly as involved as displaying a video. 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 09:24, October 22, 2013 (UTC)
- Fair enough. I think I'll just leave it then, if it's all the same to you. Just doesn't seem worth the hassle. Thanks for clarifying, though! Also, some of what you said here could probably find a welcome place on the video policy page, to help others looking for similar answers.--YamiWheeler (talk • contribs) 09:33, October 24, 2013 (UTC)