Hi and welcome to the Yu-Gi-Oh! wiki! Thank you for your edit to the File:TheLastWarriorfromAnotherPlanet-LDC-FR-UR-UE.jpg page.
If you need help, you can consult these pages:
Welcome, and a tip.
Thank you for uploading images from your French cards; an important hint so that your uploads don't show the red square with "(Card name) does not exist".
Be sure that when you add the name when uploading them to use the name as it appears on the lists, example: Your upload for Harpie Girl, you used the name as it is shown on the file HarpieGirl, that is why you get the red square on your image pages, you need to write or copy-paste the name as it is on the list Harpie Girl. A good way to make this efficient is to have the set list open as you do uploads and simply select and copy the name of the card you are uploading minus the " if they have them, same, if the name is shown as "Harpie Girl" just be sure to only copy Harpie Girl.
--Erdvilla (talk • contribs) 16:45, December 25, 2017 (UTC)
- I also thank you for your uploads; you provided many that could not be located elsewhere online. But please upload pngs in the future, instead of jpgs. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 02:16, December 26, 2017 (UTC)
- Fox, please save your images as pngs, not jpgs, before you upload them. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 21:21, December 26, 2017 (UTC)
I'm sorry but i can't upload the image in png format. Can you unlock my account please ? ( Foxtrot04 (talk • contribs) 21:51, December 26, 2017 (UTC)) It's verry hard to use the website ^^ i'm a beginner and I took 30 minutes to find out how to answer you ^^ sorry --Foxtrot04 (talk • contribs) 21:55, December 26, 2017 (UTC)
- Welcome again. Yes, this website can be difficult to navigate for beginners.
- As our image policy states, we use png images on this wikia. Some of our pages still have jpgs, but we are in an ongoing project of converting them to pngs, and we don't want new jpgs to add to that project. Copying an image to Microsoft paint will allow you to save it as a png. And when you go to upload the image, in the box that says "Summary" you can enter the licensing instead of going to edit the page after you've already uploaded the image. As the above user stated, please remember to put a space after each word in the card's name. Is that all okay?--Golden Key (talk • contribs) 22:05, December 26, 2017 (UTC)
Wow it will be complicated ^^ apart from the use of the site a little complicated, everything is fine. I hope, nevertheless, that my contribution is useful to you :) I have a big collection and I can still help you with French cards :)--Foxtrot04 (talk • contribs) 22:17, December 26, 2017 (UTC)
- If you are unsure about something you can leave me a message on my talk page. I think you understand what I am asking, so I will remove the block for now. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 22:35, December 26, 2017 (UTC)
- If I recall correctly, each time a jpg is copied, the quality drops slightly, but that does not happen for png images. Thus it's better if we provide users with pngs. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 23:11, December 26, 2017 (UTC)
I have a little problem with the image of the Card Ookazi in the Spell Ruler French Gallerie, the image does not register in the right place. I repeat twice but it did not work...--Foxtrot04 (talk • contribs) 10:33, December 27, 2017 (UTC)
- That was because you had uploaded the image to the wrong file name, which I was able to fix.
- It looks like you were able to figure out how to convert to png, though I see a few more things it looks like you need assistance with. With the licensing, when you upload it should look like this, as in, you have to manually enter the name of the card. Also, if there is a lot of white surrounding the card image, please crop that out in paint as well. Thanks!--Golden Key (talk • contribs) 12:54, December 27, 2017 (UTC)
- You only write the name in English, like in the link I just provided. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 14:14, December 27, 2017 (UTC)
- No prob dude. I appreciate you helping out with our somewhat lacking French galleries. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 18:05, December 27, 2017 (UTC)
I put the name of the cards in English in the box "summary" does this correspond to what you had asked me to do? Or do I have to write something else besides the name? --Foxtrot04 (talk • contribs) 20:31, December 27, 2017 (UTC)
- No, not quite...
- Okay, let's look at this example. Do you see how I inserted "|name = Monster Reborn"? --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 22:28, December 27, 2017 (UTC)
- Go to this page. Click "Edit". Copy everything from that page. In the Summary section of an upload page of an image you are about to upload, paste what you copied. Change the name of the card (if you are uploading an image of "Hitotsu-Me Giant", you would type "Hitotsu-Me Giant" instead of "Monster Reborn"). That's it.--Golden Key (talk • contribs) 16:50, December 30, 2017 (UTC)