Thank you very much for your comment "Jensc." I just wanted you to know that I wasn't aware that not a single card in their deck was real! This was just someone I met at the food court of my college, they asked me if I wanted to duel and I said "sure, why not." I almost lost too, but I wiped out their life points by negating their "Return From The Different Dimension" with "Seven Tools Of The Bandit" when they said they were going to finish me off this turn. Without a single card on my opponent's side of the field, I was SO LUCKY to have drawn "Dragon's Mirror" because all 3 of my "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" were already in the graveyard. I will never play against anybody that I don't know again until I confirm that every single card in their deck is real!
Sincerely yours, 69. 123.238.61
Yeah I remembered you. I just got back too. Hey maybe we can duel sometimes on duelingnetwork.com! My username is fallensilence. So yeah it's been a while and hope to hear from you soon. Fallensilence (talk • contribs) 14:04, January 30, 2012 (UTC)
No problem. I'll challenge you anytime but I'm not giving away personal information like my name. Gotta keep that confidential. Oh and yeah I will use my real deck so don't worry bout it. Fallensilence (talk • contribs) 08:22, February 4, 2012 (UTC)
Decks for Free! Test
So, 3 of the deckbuilders will come here, and post a deck they would like you to make. After you've finished that deck, post it up on the page of the deckbuilder that asked for it. After you've posted all 3, the deckbuilders will discuss and let you know if you can be a part of DFF. You can always find our username in the Contacts section of the DFF main page.
Please reread the criteria for becoming a builder. The main thing I need to point out is that you MUST know how to use a Template:Decklist, that means all the cards must be in the template, and all the cards must be in alignment, and be linked. I know it seems like I'm yelling at you for this one thing, but remember that the Template helps to eliminate needless clutter on the DFF page, and makes it easy for the requester to read and understand the decklist. ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 16:00, March 4, 2012 (UTC)
Decks for Free! Test Results
We are sorry to inform you that you were NOT selected to join DFF as a deckbuilder. Below are a list of issues, we found with your deck, that we feel were just too much for us to accept you.
List of issues:
- Use of Fabled Dyf. It's bad for obvious reasons. Not really worth it, when we have triple Call of the Haunted.
- Pegullsus is not a very good card either.
- Uses Iron Chain Dragon - Orient Dragon is far better.
- Lack of the amazing monster known as Scrap Dragon
- Triple Unicore is too much, double Catastor is excessive, lack of Mist Wurm is annoying.
- Legacy of Yata is far better than Jar of Greed although that's a minor issue.
- There's no Solemn Judgment and Warning, as well as no Torrential Tribute - both are very important.
- You lack Dark Hole, Mystical Space Typhoon (essential for getting out your monsters), and Pot of Avarice.
- Wouldn't use Moray, and would rather use 3 Upstart Goblin, seeing as Moray is very chancy, and not consistent.
- You forgot Forgotten Temple of the Deep, that would make Codarus and Levia more consistent at clearing the field.
- Missing Dark Hole, Heavy Storm, 2 more MST (May not be needed as Codarus is around, but his effect isn't always guaranteed)
- Use 3 Salvage over 2, to reuse Codarus and other important cards.
- If your idea was to stall, why no Level Limit - Area B?
- Xyz monsters don't have Levels, so they aren't affected by Bind or Area B.
- Field Barrier is unneeded
- Dark Bribe isn't as useful with 3 MST around.
- A secret rare Solemn Warning is around $10, you could have added 2, considering the budget was $250.
- Missing Numen erat Testudo, this card is better than Giga Gagagigo, because it stops a lot of the meta decks, giving this deck a fighting chance against the meta.
- Lacking Amazoness Swords Woman
- 3 Amazoness Queen is a bit much - 2 is fine
- Lone Ultimate Offering, isn't needed, and if you wanted to run it, run it at 2.
- Bottomless Trap Hole over Solemn Warning, when there was no budget.
- No Dark Hole/MST/Torrential
- Don't like Amazoness Archers, and Dimensional Prison is better.
- If you want some advice to get better, about a certain deck, ask the builder who asked for it. If your wondering why I asked you to make an ALO deck, it's because I used to run one, and wanted to see how/what you did with one of the first competitive decks I made. ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 01:30, March 9, 2012 (UTC)
BF2's Re: You used Dyf as a Level 3 non-Tuner. Ganashia and Tour Guide (to get Kushano) are both far better. Just because you like a card doesn't mean that it should go in DFF builds - only put it in if it's one of the best possible options. For the Synchro Monsters, you have to be able to remember that they exist - I'm not trying to be harsh, it's just important that you use your full range of options. As for Fabled Unicore, all Fabled Decks are Synchro Decks with Xyz thrown in - you shouldn't need more than one Unicore or two at most and you should still have the ability to do things other than make Unicore. As for Yata and Jar, it doesn't matter if you never see a Spirit - the fact that the card does the same thing but has the potential to do more means that it should always be put in first no matter how situational the potential to do more is. Dark Hole, Torrential, and the Solemns are all necessary - you aren't always going to have the Unicore and it often will not be able to negate cards. As a result, you need alternatives. Also, Dark Hole and Torrential are essential for dealing with problems like Rabbits and Wind-Ups. In addition to that, the chance of you drawing Heavy Storm is quite small and with Starlight Road seeing more use there's a good chance it won't go off. You need ways to bring out Unicore and for that you need MST. BF2 Talk Deck Guides 18:00, March 12, 2012 (UTC)
- Moray - I wasn't saying you couldn't use it, but there's no absolute chance you'll get better cards. Moray might just be a personal preference, but I feel like it's the same as Card Trader, in a sense. Again that just might be a personal preference.
- Forgotten Temple and Field Barrier - I don't know if you thought about it, but let's say you have Field Barrier out and you have ALO on field. The only monster effect you can really use is Levia-Dragon - Daedalus's to destroy the entire field. You wouldn't be able to use Codarus. The reason? After you send ALO to grave with Codarus's effect, you can't play another Field Spell, because Field Barrier would be out. Field Barrier dosen't stop you from "Sending" a Field Spell card to the grave. With Temple, I find that just being able to use Codarus's effect more consistently is important, and allows me to not worry about having a dead Codarus in hand.
- Dark Hole is an amazing card. You should run cards that allow you to win duels, and Dark Hole is one of them. Even if you have Codarus, you won't always be able to use his effect. With MST, having clear shots at your opponent's life is useful, at least run 2, again you won't always have Codarus. As for Heavy...you don't really use it when you'll lose more advantage, but it is useful in clearing the field, so you can go off on your plays.
- Level Limit - Area B - This is just another Bind, you could have just dropped Aqua Spirit for it. She isn't that great.
- As for the Xyz Monsters, they're just useful, and in bad situations, where your locked down by Gravity Bind with no ALO in sight, they help.
- Dark Bribe - Go read all the decks at this site. Sure not everyone used 3 MST, but most people had 2 +.
- As for the Pricing issue, I use Google Shopping and TCGPlayer.com. This helps me get an average.
- As for not knowing about cards go to TCGPlayer. Jason Grabher-Meyer and other good writers post up Articles about decks that are relevant. The one thing I like about this site come Booster Pack Release day is that Jason writes 2-part articles about the cards in that pack.
- Amazoness Swords Woman - Your opponent takes the battle dmg you would've taken from battles involving it. Combine that with Amazoness Queen, and you have a field that makes it tough on your opponent.
- Amazoness Queen - 3 may have been acceptable if you had included Amazoness Swords Woman, but even then, running 2 makes your draws smoother.
- Ultimate Offering doesn't offer any advantage to an Amazoness deck. And the decks that do run it, runs multiple copies for better odds of drawing it (running just 1 makes it too random to use).
- Dark Hole/MST/Torrential are staples for a reason, and should go in every deck. Read Ace's reasons above.
- Amazoness Archers is too situational compared to the alternatives you could've used (Dimensional Prison, Compulsory Evacuation Device).