- 1 Unnamed message
- 2 Your Edits
- 3 RE: Called by the Grave, Crisper Image?
- 4 Re: Judgment Arrows' Restriction
- 5 ARC-V Manga
- 6 Drop Draco
- 7 Manga Cards
- 8 Episode 96
- 9 Hi there!
- 10 RE: Duel Links images
- 11 Can you find high resolution of many previous cards released for english, north american, and european
- 12 Attack and effect names/Summon chants
- 13 Shield Boring Kong
- Apologies for butting in, Madness, but he seems to be asking why you're copying images off the Yu-Gi-Oh! Wikia. In response, regardless of whether or not you are; you would be allowed to; images fall under fair use if I remember correctly (Dinoguy and Snorlax can explain that better). Sanokal K-T (talk • contribs) 20:37, 20 March 2018 (UTC)
- All Yu-Gi-Oh!-related images are copyrighted - the only people with the rights to use them freely are the rightsholders and (within the terms of their licenses) licensors; namely: Konami, Viz Media, 4K Media, Shueisha, Daewon Media, etc. Importantly, this means everyone else can only use the images under fair use, and no one using them in this way can dictate whether or how anyone else uses the same images. In short, it's not plagiarism. Dinoguy1000 (talk • contribs) 23:59, 20 March 2018 (UTC)
If you want to continue editing here, you should not edit the "|trans =" parameter in the card pages, when it comes to card names. It's ultimately a difference of opinion in whose translation is "better" (we may each think it's more than that, but that's what it ends up as), and the position on Yugipedia is the same as it was when you were blocked on Wikia.
Even if you attempted to change your translation style, I believe this prohibition would still apply. Anyway, if you continue to edit the "|trans =" parameter in card pages for card names, then you'll be blocked here as you were on Wikia.
Regarding the card images issue you were again blocked over, I'm not sure what to make of that now. At a minimum, I would expect that you not apply any "touch-ups" to online-published Konami card artworks or card proxies - if people want a "perfect" version of those things, they can feel free to download them and apply the changes personally (before using them for whatever purpose they have). I'm unsure about card scans, so another admin may step in to clarify that, if necessary. --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 02:42, 9 April 2018 (UTC)
- Okay, I won't edit the translated names. I do recommend you follow my Translation Corner: https://www.reddit.com/r/yugioh/search?q=translation+corner+author%3Arazorofsimplicity&sort=new&restrict_sr=on and fix them yourselves if you notice something wrong.
- The images are unedited scans from here: https://www.coolstuffinc.com/ MadRest (talk • contribs) 10:57, 9 April 2018 (UTC)
RE: Called by the Grave, Crisper Image?
I personally prefer the original image on the wiki, since you can make out the artwork details more easily. To that end, I don't mind if the card image was crudely cropped when it was uploaded to the internet.
But someone else apparently likes the suggested image, so in the future, just go with whatever card images you think are best, and avoid getting into edit wars with people who think otherwise (in those situations, ask an admin to intervene). --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 07:43, 13 April 2018 (UTC)
Re: Judgment Arrows' Restriction
The lore box is for what the written text says exactly. And again, what "Judgment Arrows" has is a 'control only one' effect that specifies linked S/T Zones. If you were watching the episode and listening to probable!Bowman, you should have heard him say that they can only be activated to those zones anyway, and afaik there's currently no effect that shifts Spells/Traps. --XBrain130™「
The banner isn't for adding possible effects. It's for when we know, as a matter of fact what the effect is, but we don't have the -exact- wording for the effects. In this case, we don't know, as a matter of fact that it is "Venemys" effect, a fact you have already admitted. And, the other thing you've admitted, there's an alternative option. Which makes adding it on a particular page, because you speculate it is more right worse. You don't have facts supporting you here, so don't add it. PhotonLegion95 (talk • contribs) 17:41, 4 August 2018 (UTC)
I fail to understand your revision, considering we write anime lores with the TCG formatting that is used at the time of that anime card's Japanese airing and "Crusadia Reclusia" does match the way I wrote it. While the Japanese text do list summoning by x effect and using y effect as hard per turns 'separately', the condition doesn't make sense to say you can only use an unclassified effect to Special Summon a card by its written text once per turn. GoldenDragonRider (talk • contribs) 03:29, 2 September 2018 (UTC)
Literally being doing it since I started adding them, which was before you even stated here btw. Literally you are the only person who has a problem, and you don't know how facts work, so...
And just so you're aware, the anime discussion was centred around do so leaving large white areas in the corners of images due to incomplete cards being shown, nothing else.PhotonLegion95 (talk • contribs) 18:00, 21 January 2019 (UTC)
So, I honestly didn't notice Borrelsword and Borrelguard during the summoning sequence. I just assumed that that's what these were behind "Topologic Trisbaena". I think they're the other two Topologics, maybe. So that's what I meant by silhouettes. Maybe just seperate it into "Playmaker's thoughts" and "Borreload Dragon summoning sequence". It doesn't have to be displayed as only one Decklist. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 01:16, 8 April 2019 (UTC)
- Okay. I think the others are just Trisbaena's alternate forms. MadRest (talk • contribs) 08:36, 8 April 2019 (UTC)
RE: Duel Links images
Hi there. Yeah, I can look into it. I know UltimateKuriboh's screenshots are from the mobile version, while mine are from the PC version (or the Duel Links website), which is much more accessible to me. In any case, for the cards I can't get a higher res screenshot of, I'll mark them as having poor quality to help us track them down later. GMTails (talk • contribs) 14:23, 27 May 2020 (UTC)
Can you find high resolution of many previous cards released for english, north american, and european
Do you think you can find high resolution of cards for English, north american, and European as a large number of them from previous packs (specifically the ones released prior to series 9) could be shown in better resolution (such as the cards from Crossroads of Chaos and Starstrike Blast for the TCG). This is especially after you found better resolutions for cards in Code of the Duelist and OTS Tournament Pack 9 even after they had long been released to the TCG. Reply when you can!Cardsknower (talk • contribs) 06:25, 25 August 2020 (UTC)
Attack and effect names/Summon chants
Hey Madness, would you mind changing all instances of a Summon chant or an attack/effect name when you alter it on their source pages in the future please? Sanokal K-T (talk • contribs) 00:06, 6 December 2020 (UTC)
- Okay, but I don't think the Summon chants should be referenced anywhere else unless they're extremely noteworthy. MadRest (talk • contribs) 00:24, 6 December 2020 (UTC)
Shield Boring Kong
Though not immediately visible in Beast Gear World's actual art, the destroyed buildings and surrounding rubble in Shield Boring Kong's art very closely resemble how the Beast Gear World is depicted in the anime. Falminar (talk • contribs) 18:16, 2 February 2021 (UTC)