Yu-Gi-Oh! - Episode 068
|English||Legendary Fisherman, Part 1|
|Japanese OP||"S H U F F L E"|
|Japanese ED||"The Afternoon of that Day"|
|English OP & ED||"Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 2 Theme"|
|Japanese||August 14, 2001|
|English||March 22, 2003|
|Yu-Gi-Oh! episodes (season 2)|
|Previous||"Mime Control, Part 3"|
|Next||"Legendary Fisherman, Part 2"|
"Legendary Fisherman, Part 1", known as "Invisible Enemy - Sea Stealth II" in the Japanese version is the sixty-eighth episode of the Yu-Gi-Oh! anime. It first aired in Japan on August 14, 2001, and in the United States on March 22, 2003.
Yami Yugi and Seto Kaiba work together to Duel Rare Hunters.
Joey Wheeler finds Mako Tsunami and decides to Duel him for two Locator Cards to qualify to the finals.
Marik Ishtar and Yami Bakura meet each other and make a deal to work together to achieve their respective goals.
Yami Yugi and Seto Kaiba vs. Rare Hunter 2 and Rare Hunter 3
Turn 1: Kaiba
Kaiba draws "Pot of Greed" and subsequently activates it to draw two cards. Seto then Normal Summons "Lord of Dragons" (1200/1100) in Attack Position. Next he activates two "The Flute of Summoning Dragon" to Special Summon three "Blue-Eyes White Dragons" (3000/2500) and "Hyozanryu" (2100/2800) in Attack Position (each "The Flute of Summoning Dragon" Special Summons two Dragons from Kaiba's hand).
Turn 2: Rare Hunter 2
Rare Hunter 2 draws a monster and subsequently sets it.
Turn 5: Seto
Seto draws "Obelisk the Tormentor". He then tributes his three "Blue-Eyes White Dragons" in order to Tribute Summon "Obelisk the Tormentor" (4000/4000) in Attack Position. Kaiba then activates the second effect of "Obelisk the Tormentor" to destroy all of the Rare Hunters' monsters and inflict 4000 damage to the Rare Hunters by Tributing "Hyozanryu" and "Lord of Dragons". Rare Hunter 3 tries to activate "Mirror Force" in response, but it does not work due to Obelisk being immune to Spells and Traps (Rare Hunter 2 and Rare Hunter 3 4000 → 0).
Joey Wheeler vs. Mako Tsunami, Part 1
Turn 2: Mako
Mako draws "Flying Fish" and subsequently Normal Summons it (800/500) in Attack Position. "Flying Fish" attacks and destroys Joey's Set monster, "Parasite Paracide" (500/300). Since "Parasite Paracide" was destroyed by battle, its Flip Effect does not apply.
Turn 5: Joey
Joey draws "Garoozis". He then Tributes his Set monster in order to Tribute Summon "Garoozis" (1800/1500) in Attack Position, but Mako activates his face-down "Torrential Tribute" to destroy "Garoozis".
Turn 6: Mako
Mako draws. "Flying Fish" attacks directly (Joey 4000 → 3200). Mako then sets one card.
Turn 8: Mako
Mako draws "Amphibian Beast". He then Tributes "Flying Fish" in order to Tribute Summon "Amphibian Beast" (2400/2000) in Attack Position. "Amphibian Beast" attacks "Alligator's Sword", but Joey activates his face-down "Fairy Box" which places "Alligator's Sword" in a whack-a-monster box, therefore "Amphibian Beast" can't attack right away. Mako counters by activating his set "Umi", which increases the ATK and DEF of all Fish, Sea Serpent, Thunder, and Aqua-Type monsters by 200 ("Amphibian Beast": 2400 → 2600/ 2000 → 2200).
The activation of "Umi" also raises the water level above the top of "Fairy Box", suffocating "Alligator's Sword" and preventing him from hiding inside the box. "Amphibian Beast" continues with its attack, but Joey activates his face-down "Skull Dice" to roll a die and divide the ATK of "Amphibian Beast" by the result. Joey gets a four ("Amphibian Beast": 2600 → 650/2200). "Alligator's Sword" destroys "Amphibian Beast" (Mako 4000 → 3300).
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.
|Japanese character name||Japanese voice actor|
|Yugi Mutou||Shunsuke Kazama|
|Anzu Mazaki||Maki Saito|
|Katsuya Jonouchi||Hiroki Takahashi|
|Hiroto Honda||Hidehiro Kikuchi|
|Seto Kaiba||Kenjiro Tsuda|
|Mokuba Kaiba||Junko Takeuchi|
|Ryo Bakura||Rica Matsumoto|
|Sugoroku Mutou||Tadashi Miyazawa|
|Ryota Kajiki||Daisuke Namikawa|
|Rare Hunter||Yu Mizushima|
|Rare Hunter||Koji Ishi|
Differences in adaptations
- The Japanese text on the advertisement for the Ocean World show is blocked in the dub.
- A shot of the aquarium entrance with a big sign reading "Domino Aquarium" is replaced in the US Version with an overhead shot of the aquarium.
- When Joey thinks of his own ocean, an image of Yami Yugi appears, the image of Yami Yugi appearing is cut from the dub.
- The words "TO BE CONTINUED" are added at the end of the dub episode.
- Rare Hunter 3 says the card he is Setting is a Trap Card while Setting "Mirror Force", which is not the case in the original anime.
- Kaiba is shown to have cards in his hand in various shots after playing all of his cards and before drawing "Obelisk".
- Yugi is shown to have one extra card in his hand throughout the duel.
- In several shots, "Pot of Greed" is seen on Kaiba's Duel Disk instead of "The Lord Of Dragons".
- In the dub, when "Obelisk" is summoned, Rare Hunter 2 and Rare Hunter 3's face-down monsters are shown as "Giant Trunade" and "Jellyfish", respectively.
- When "Obelisk" attacks the Rare Hunters' face-down monsters, the god card is shown to destroy the taller Rare Hunter's defense monster and trap card, instead of both Rare Hunters' defense monsters. However, in the next scene, both of those monsters are gone and the Rare Hunter activates his trap card.
- When Mako Sets "Torrential Tribute" Trap Card, he mistakenly said he places a "monster" face-down.
- When Mako attacks after using "Torrential Tribute" the card shown on his Duel Disk is not "Flying Fish" it is "Torrential Tribute".
- When "Alligator's Sword" was first summoned out, the bottom part of its mouth was incorrectly colored green.
- In the original, when "Skull Dice" divided the ATK of "Amphibian Beast" by 4, it reduced its ATK to 800 when it should have been 650. The dub corrected this. However both versions have Mako's Life Points decrease to 3300 (which would be the difference between the ATK of "Alligator's Sword" and the reduced ATK of "Amphibian Beast" in the original) when they should have been reduced to 3150.