Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS - Episode 078
|English||From One Hunter To Another|
|Japanese OP||"go forward"|
|English OP & ED||"Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS Main Theme"|
|Japanese||November 21, 2018|
|English||May 24, 2020|
|Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS episodes (season 2)|
|Previous||"A Family Reunion"|
|Next||"The Hunt Is On"|
"From One Hunter To Another", known as "Rebellious Bounty Hunter" in the Japanese version, is the seventy-eighth episode of the Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS anime. It first aired in Japan on November 21, 2018, and aired in Canada on May 24, 2020.
After learning about SOL Technologies' shocking plan, The Shepherd decided to carry out his own search for the Ignises, independent from Akira. Noticing his superb hacking skills, Varis approaches him and suggests that they should team up to eliminate the Ignises, but...
Featured Duel: Varis vs. The Shepherd
The Duel is conducted as a Master Duel.
Turn 2: The Shepherd
Shepherd Normal Summons "Duplicate Drone" (0/0). As Shepherd controls "Duplicate", he Special Summons "Duplicate" (0/0) from his hand by its own effect. As Shepherd controls a "Drone" monster, he Special Summons "Scud Drone" (800/1100) from his hand by its own effect. Shepherd sets two copies of "Duplicate" in the Link Arrows to Link Summon "Battledrone Warrant" (1200/←↓) to the Extra Monster Zone. Shepherd sets "Scud" and the Link-2 "Warrant" in the Link Arrows to Link Summon "Battledrone General" (2400/←↓→) to the Extra Monster Zone. Shepherd activates the effect of "General", targeting a "Drone" monster in his GY and Special Summoning it to his zone "General" points to. He targets and Special Summons "Warrant" (1200/←↓) to the zone the bottom-center Link Arrow of "General" points to. "Warrant" attacks Varis directly (Varis: 4000 → 2800 LP). As Shepherd's "Drone" monster inflicted battle damage to Varis by a direct attack, Shepherd activates the effect of "General", Tributing that monster to inflict damage to Varis equal to the ATK that monster had on the field. He Tributes "Warrant" (Varis: 2800 → 1600 LP). "General" attacks Varis directly. As Shepherd's monster declared a direct attack during the turn Varis took battle damage, Varis activates the effect of "Checksum Dragon" in his hand, Special Summoning it (400/2400) in Attack Position, then gaining LP equal to half its DEF, also it cannot be destroyed by battle this turn (Varis: 1600 → 2800 LP). A replay occurs and "General" attacks "Checksum Dragon", and "Checksum Dragon" is not destroyed (Varis: 2800 → 800 LP). Shepherd Sets a card. Shepherd activates the Continuous Spell "Blitz Drone". During the End Phase, as Shepherd controls no monsters in the Main Monster Zone, he activates the effect of "Warrant" in his GY, Special Summoning it (1200/←↓). As a "Drone" monster was Special Summoned from Shepherd's GY to his field, he activates the effect of "Blitz Drone", Tributing that monster to inflict damage to Varis equal to the ATK the Tributed monster had on the field. He Tributes "Warrant". Varis activates his face-down Continuous Trap "Imperial Order". The effect of "Imperial Order" negates all Spell effects on the field. The effect of "Blitz Drone" is negated.
Turn 3: Varis
During the Standby Phase, the effect of "Imperial Order" forces Varis to pay 700 LP (Varis: 800 → 100 LP). As Shepherd controls a Link Monster, Varis Special Summons "Gateway Dragon" (1600/1400) from his hand by its own effect. Varis activates the effect of "Gateway Dragon", Special Summoning a Level 4 or lower DARK Dragon monster from his hand. He Special Summons the Level 4 "DMZ Dragon" (0/2000). Varis sets "Gateway Dragon", "Checksum Dragon", and "DMZ Dragon" in the Link Arrows to Link Summon "Topologic Trisbaena" (2500/↙↑↘) to the Extra Monster Zone. As Shepherd controls a "Drone" monster, he activates his face-down Continuous Trap "Capture Drone", targeting a Link Monster Varis controls and negating its effects while it is on the field, also it cannot be Tributed or be used as Link Material. He targets "Topologic Trisbaena". The effect of "Capture Drone" prevents Varis' Link Monsters from attacking. As Shepherd controls a monster and Varis controls a Link Monster, Varis Special Summons "Vulnerability Dragon" (100/100) from his hand by its own effect. As "Vulnerability Dragon" was Special Summoned by its own effect, its effect activates, targeting monsters Varis controls equal to the number of monsters Shepherd controls and destroying them. Shepherd controls one monster, so Varis targets and destroys "Topologic Trisbaena". As the targeted "Topologic Trisbaena" left the field, the effect of "Capture Drone" destroys itself. Varis Normal Summons "Rokket Synchron" (0/0). As "Rokket Synchron" was Normal Summoned, Varis activates its effect, targeting a Level 5 or higher DARK Dragon monster in his GY and Special Summoning it in Defense Position, but its effects are negated, also it is destroyed during the End Phase. Varis Special Summons the Level 6 "Checksum Dragon" (400/2400).
Varis tunes the Level 1 Tuner "Rokket Synchron" with the Level 6 "Checksum Dragon" and the Level 1 "Vulnerability Dragon" to Synchro Summon the Level 8 "Borreload Savage Dragon" (3000/2500) to the Extra Monster Zone. As "Borreload Savage Dragon" was Synchro Summoned, Varis activates its effect, equipping a Link Monster from his GY to it, then placing Borrel Counters on "Borreload Savage Dragon" equal to that card's Link Rating. He equips the Link-3 "Topologic Trisbaena" ("Borreload Savage Dragon": 0 → 3 Borrel Counters). The effect of "Borreload Savage Dragon" increases its ATK equal to half of the equipped monster's ("Borreload Savage Dragon": 3000 → 4250 ATK). "Borreload Savage Dragon" attacks and destroys "General" (Shepherd: 4000 → 2150 LP). At the end of the Damage Step, as Varis' monster equipped with an Equip Card attacked, he activates the effect of "DMZ Dragon" in his GY, banishing it to destroy as many Equip Cards as possible that are equipped to that monster, then allowing it to make a second attack in a row. He destroys "Topologic Trisbaena", allowing "Borreload Savage Dragon" to make a second attack in a row ("Borreload Savage Dragon": 4250 → 3000 ATK). "Borreload Savage Dragon" attacks Shepherd directly (Shepherd: 2150 → 0 LP).
Differences in adaptations
- In the original version, Kenneth does not decry Gore's skills, merely his reduced humanity after using the A.I. Dueling Chip. In the dub he insults Gore for barely winning the Duel even with the chip.
- In the original version, Gore using the chip is what arouses Kenneth's suspicions about SOL Technologies' intentions. In the dub, he becomes suspicious by the fact they sent Gore after Earth instead of him and realizes that SOL Technologies wanted Earth alive, not destroyed.
- In the original version, SOL Technologies planned to unite the six Ignis into a single high-performance Ignis, not unlike Bohman. In the dub, they are attempting to create a new generation of A.I.
- In the original version, Zaizen claimed to have only heard rumors about this plan. In the dub, he initially claims he knew nothing, but later admits to trying to have the project shut down.
- In the original version, Skye's note to Zaizen simply states that she needs to be alone for a while. In the dub, she outright declares her intentions to prevent the other Ignis from meeting Earth's fate and criticizes Zaizen for not doing more.
- In the original version, Kenneth does not outright leave SOL Technologies, but he does in the dub.
- In the original version, Aqua is worried that Skye will end up on the opposite side to her brother, but Blue Maiden claims Zaizen will understand. In the dub, Skye reassures Aqua that Zaizen is on their side, despite his relative inaction.
- In the original version, Shepherd dwells on the fate of his father, as told to him by Ghost Gal in the previous episode. In the dub, he instead thinks on the pain that A.I. have caused him, briefly wondering if Ghost Gal could empathize with him before deciding she cannot, and immediately taking note of Varis's presence and stating that he wouldn't understand either. Varis also does not mention Shepherd's father in the dub, instead threatening him with joining the Knights of Hanoi, and Shepherd's subsequent anger comes entirely from the notion of being ordered around.
- Before Shepherd challenges Varis to a Duel, he is surprised when Varis dodges his three-count trick and intrigued by the Knight's power in the original version. In the dub, he is caught less off-guard and angered by Varis's continued harassment.
- In the dub, Varis talks about how The Shepherd will function under his command. In the original version, his request is simply that, and despite defeating Shepherd he does not force him to join him. In the dub, Shepherd points out that he never agreed to join the Knights of Hanoi if he lost and he logs out before Varis can force him.
In other languages
|Portuguese||O Caçador de Recompensas Rebelde|
|Spanish||El cazarrecompensas rebelde|