|Japanese (base text)||
Battle damage can be inflicted when two monsters battle.
- If the attack target is in Attack Position:
- If the monsters have different ATK, the controller of the monster with the lower ATK takes battle damage equal to the difference.
- If the attack target is in Defense Position:
- If the attack target's DEF is greater than the attacker's ATK, the attacking monster's controller takes battle damage equal to the difference.
- If the attack target's DEF is lower than the attacker's ATK, the attack target's controller does not take battle damage, unless the attacking monster inflicts piercing damage.
If a monster attacks a player directly, that player takes battle damage equal to that monster's ATK. An attack from a monster with 0 ATK such as "Mucus Yolk" does not inflict damage, so no effect can activate in response to it, including those of "Mucus Yolk" itself and "Gorz the Emissary of Darkness".
Both words were initially capitalized, but since Absolute Powerforce have been consistently lowercase.