|Help support Yugipedia by installing our new Chrome extension. This extension automatically redirects any links to the old Wikia/Fandom site to Yugipedia to ensure that you're always viewing the most up-to-date information available. You can enable the extension by clicking "Add to Chrome" on the app's webstore entry. For those of you using Firefox, don't worry—a Firefox add-on to do the same thing will be out soon. If you have any issues with the extension or you come across any bugs, be sure to let us know on Discord!|
Throughout the course of a Duel, each player's turn is comprised of six phases (Japanese: フェイズ Feizu). These six phases continually cycle, alternating between players until the Duel ends. Strictly speaking, you must declare when you are entering or leaving a phase, and a phase can only be left if both players agree.
- See main article Draw Phase.
- See main article Standby Phase.
Main Phase 1
- See main article Main Phase 1.
- See main article Battle Phase.
- See main article Start Step.
- See main article Battle Step.
- See main article Damage Step.
- See main article End Step.
Main Phase 2
- See main article Main Phase 2.
- See main article End Phase.
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Game Play: Fast Effect Timing