Thanks, I really enjoy taking the time to defend my actions.
- I loathe clogging up edit histories, and was already perfectly aware of the concept of edit wars. I'm perfectly capable of judging when a case is a "lost cause" and moving the discussion accordingly.
- "Once it is clear there is dispute." All I saw was an editor reverting their own edit (no explanation), then an anonymous editor restoring the content for unknown reasons (including insults), and then insults being tossed back-and-forth. When I come in with an actual argument (and restored the content), I expect the other editor to be reasonable, not to reiterate their same point and come back with a revert. "Hmmmmmmm maybe I wasn't specific enough. 1 more revert with more details." I was not expecting a bull-headed editor to revert again with the same reason. At this point, it's clear that the other editor is being belligerent, and very appropriate to move the discussion. Of course, it's easy to claim that everyone's edit-warring, when you have the gift of hindsight, huh? --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 05:31, 18 June 2021 (UTC)
- you're welcome! great fun all around
- i stand by saying that your edits count as participating in the edit war - even if not intentionally
- inbetween the insults, both users had already given actual arguments prior to yours: "It's still related thanks to Zerato[...]", "It does not list Sanctuary in The Sky specifically by name.[...]"
- your first edit is reasonable enough, but after it's reverted i think there's a clear disagreement in what constitutes relation to a series (if there wasn't already), and sufficient unwillingness to back down from both parties that makes the best move taking it to the talk page from there
- i'm willing to concede since the conflict's coming to a close by now anyway, and the discussion's already been migrated. but i do think this kinda situation should be handled with some more care in the future. especially since when suggesting a block for the same reason it can really end up looking bad. • Falminar (talk • contribs) 07:24, 18 June 2021 (UTC)
- People can make different judgment calls, and now I'm not going to sweat about making that additional revert in a gray situation, with the action itself being in a gray area. Thanks for the feedback. --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 08:05, 18 June 2021 (UTC)