Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links
|Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links|
|English||Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links|
|Romaji||Yūgiō Dyueru Rinkusu|
|Publisher(s)||Konami Digital Entertainment|
|Platform(s)||iOS / Android / PC|
|Ratings||PEGI 7 (Violence)|
The game was first announced at Jump Festa 2016. On January 6, 2016, it was officially announced that the game would be released globally, along with the news that Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Generation and Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist would both receive further updates in winter 2016.
On March 18, 2016, the Japanese site was updated with more information about its gameplay, characters, and online content, as well as the first YouTube trailer for the game. Pre-registration for the game is currently open in Japan, with rewards available for accounts pre-registered before the game launch. The rewards are accumulative based on the total number of existing pre-registered accounts when the game launches: 50 gems (10,000), "Dark Magician" card protectors (30,000), an additional 50 gems (50,000), a Yugi Muto-themed Duel Field (100,000), and an additional 50 gems (150,000). Additional rewards were added on March 29, 2016, after the number of pre-registered accounts exceeded 200,000: "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" card protectors (200,000), an additional 100 gems (250,000), and a Seto Kaiba-themed Duel Field (300,000).
On April 19, 2016, the official site announced that in order to further improve the game quality, the game would go into a closed beta testing phase in June. Beta testers are picked randomly among the players who pre-registered the game before April 30, 2016. As a result, the public release date of the game will be postponed to a later date rather than April 2016 as initially planned. Players also receive more rewards at the start of the game which details will be disclosed in further announcements.
Pre-registration emails and surveys were sent out on June 13, 2016 for people in the United States and United Kingdom. On June 23, 2016, the sign-up period was extended. In late July, e-mails were sent to accepted applicants notifying them of their accepted participation in the Closed Beta Test, as well as informing them that the game would be "polished" for another one to two months before the Closed Beta Test would start. On September 1, 2016, applications for the closed beta closed. The Closed Beta Test started on September 7, 2016, and subsequently closed on September 27, 2016, after maintenance was conducted that day from 1:00 AM - 3:00 AM (EST). It was released worldwide in January 2017.
Duel World is the hub area where the player can select and challenge NPCs to Duels. The player's character earns experience to increase their Level by Dueling.
The player has a Stage in each different Duel World, which can be increased by completing missions. Increasing the Stage causes new Legendary Duelists and features to be unlocked.
It allows real time duels with other Duelists or friends around the world in Duel Links. Furthermore, there are practice plays, Decks from Duelists played against, and replays from other Duelists can be watched.
A PvP Ranked Season lasts for 1 month, which players Duel each other for the Rank "King of Games" and rewards such as Gems and Tickets. After a season ends all players drop 1 tier, even if they’d did not participate in that season.
Duel Links has several timed events, some of which allow players can Duel under special rules or against Event Duelists to obtain Gold, Gems, cards, and other rewards. Events come in either a PvE and PvP format, with PvE events being the most common.
Duel Links also has sales and other promotions often in celebration of new features or events.
- The Speed Duel format is used.
- Each player only has three Monster Zones and three Spell & Trap Zones, rather than five of each.
- Each player must have 20-30 cards in their Main Deck (instead of 40-60) and 0-7 cards in the Extra Deck (instead of 0-15).
- The initial Extra Deck limit is 5, and can be increased to 7 by using Extra Deck+ items.
- Each player starts with 4000 LP, rather than 8000 LP.
- Each player starts with four cards in their hand, rather than five.
- There is no Main Phase 2. The End Phase takes place right after the Battle Phase.
- Each player can have one Skill. The available Skills vary between characters. Depending on the Skill, it may be always activated at the start of the Duel (e.g. starting with "Yami" on the field), optionally activated when a player meets certain conditions (e.g. ensuring the next drawn card is a Spell or Trap Card after the player's Life Points have dropped by 1800), or always activated when a condition is met (e.g. inflicting damage when the player activates a Trap Card).
- During special events (such as the Turbo Duel Grand Prix event and Raid Duel events), players may have an EX Skill in addition to the regular Skill. The EX Skill is a special Skill provided by the event.
- There are no Pendulum Zones, due to there being no Pendulum Monsters in the game.
- There are no Extra Monster Zones. Monsters can be Summoned from the Extra Deck to any Monster Zone, regardless of monster card type.
Duel Links cards that are not in the TCG/OCG
There are 77 cards in Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links that do not have TCG/OCG counterparts. All of these cards had appeared in previous video games: either the Yu-Gi-Oh! Tag Force series of games or Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL World Duel Carnival.
Monster Tokens are not listed here. Bolded cards have been printed in the OCG since their release in this game.
- This card is not currently obtainable in-game, but may be used by NPCs.
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links Official Website
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links Official Website (Japanese)
- Official Yu-Gi-Oh! Youtube Channel: Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links Promotion Trailer (Japanese)
- Official Yu-Gi-Oh! Youtube Channel: Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links Gameplay Video (Japanese)
- Official Gameplay Video of Joey vs Mai (Japanese)
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links Promotional Video: GX World Unlocked (japanese)
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links on The Cutting Room Floor
- "Closed beta test play offer". Konami Digital Entertainment.
- "To those who were chosen for the "Yu-Gi-Oh! Due Links" Closed Beta Test (Android Ver.)". Konami Digital Entertainment. Archived from the original on December 8, 2016.
- "777,777 People Pre-registered! "Yu-Gi-Oh! DUEL LINKS" Launch Today!". Konami Digital Entertainment.
- "Worldwide Release Begins Mid-January 2017! Mobile Game "Yu-Gi-Oh! DUEL LINKS"". Konami Digital Entertainment.
- "Konami announces release of new Yu-Gi-Oh! content across multiple formats for 2016". yugioh-card.com.
- "Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links". Konami Digital Entertainment.