Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Generation
|Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Generation|
|English||Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Generation|
|Developer(s)||Other Ocean Interactive|
|Publisher(s)||Konami Digital Entertainment|
|Series||Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Generation|
|Platform(s)||iPad / iPhone / iPod Touch / Android Tablets / Kindle Fire|
|Ratings|| (iTunes app store)
9+ for the following:
Rated T (Google Playstore)
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Generation is a free-to-play game, playable through iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Android devices or Kindle Fire. It is currently available on iTunes and Google Play but has yet to be released on the Amazon Appstore.
To play this game, a iOS 6.0 or later, or an Android with 4.0.3 and up is required.
During World Championship 2014, a tech demo of this game was first shown and was playable, along with other playable games like Duel Arena, Millennium Duels and World Duel Carnival. On October 24, 2014, this game was released in Canada. One week later, it was released worldwide. Though there are several reports that game can be downloadable, but the account and server in the game was not available at the time. On January 6, 2016, it was announced that this game and Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist will both receive further updates at winter 2016.
On May 1, 2020, it was announced that the game was to end its services on September 20 of that year.
- This game is a free to play that offers in-app purchases.
- There is a tutorial and a campaign mode, which assist and let new players faces easier opponents.
- Contains over 7,000 cards that will be available to collect. Currently, there are cards up to Shining Victories, Duelist Pack: Battle City, Dragons of Legend 2, Wing Raiders, Rise of the True Dragons Structure Deck, and Starter Deck: Yuya.
- A number of cards (named Premium cards) are only available in specific decks/packs as an In-App Purchase. A list of those cards can be found here.
- There are weekly challenges where each week allows the opportunity to battle a fresh lineup of progressively more difficult opponents for new cards that can be added to the Deck.
- There is an offline & online play that allows all game modes to feature unlimited free play.
- One account can be accessed by any supported device.
- Can be played in the following languages: English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish.
|Image||English (My Achievements)||French (Mes Exploits)||German (Meine Errungenschaften)||Italian (I miei obiettivi)||Spanish (Mis Logros)|
|First of Many
Complete your first Duel.
|Le premier d'une longue série
Finissez votre premier duel.
|Erster von vielen
Vollende dein erstes Duell.
|Primo di tanni
Completa il tuo orimo duello.
|La primera de muchas|
Completa tu primer duelo.
Defeat Yami Yugi.
Battez Yami Yugi.
Besiege Yami Yugi.
Sconfiggi Yami Yugi.
Derrota Yami Yugi.
Defeat Jaden Yuki.
Battez Jaden Yuki.
Besiege Jaden Yuki.
Sconfiggi Jaden Yuki.
Derrota a Jaden Yuki.
Defeat Yusei Fudo.
Battez Yusei Fudo.
Besiege Yusei Fudo.
Sconfiggi Yusei Fudo.
Derrota a Yusei Fudo.
Defeat Yuma Tskumo.[T1]
Battez Yuma Tskumo.[T2]
Besiege Yuma Tskumo.[T3]
Sconfiggi Yuma Tskumo.[T4]
Derrota a Yuma Tskumo.[T5]
Defeat all hard decks.
Battez tous les Decks difficiles.
Besiege alle hart Decks.
Sconfiggi tutti i Deck hard.
Derrota a todos los Decks difíciles.
Win 10 ranked matches.
|Montez en grade
Gagnez 10 matchs classés.
Gewinne 10 Ranglisten-Spiele.
Vinci 10 partite classificate.
|Sube de Rango|
Gana 10 partudas igualadas.
Play in 10 multiplayer duels.
Jouez à 10 matchs multijoueurs.
Spiele in 10 Multiplayer Duelle.
Gioca in 10 duelli multiplayer.
Juega en 10 duelos multijugador.
Inflict at least 1 million and 1 total damage.
|Un de mieux
Infligez au moins 1 million et 1 dégâts en total.
Füge mindestens 1 Million und 1 in totalschade zu.
Infliggi almeno 1 milione ed 1 in totatle danni.
Infligir al menos 1 millón y 1 punto de daño total.
Defeat Yuya Sakaki.
Vaincre Yuya Sakaki.
Besieg Yuya Sakaki.
Sconfiggi Yuya Sakaki.
Derrota a Yuya Sakaki.
Create 10 decks.
Créer 10 decks.
Erstelle 10 Decks.
Creare 10 deck.
Crea 10 decks.
|Old Craft Man
Create 50 decks.
|Vieux Maître Artisan
Créer 50 decks.
Erstelle 50 Decks.
|Vecchio Maestro Artigiano
Creare 50 deck.
Crea 50 decks.
Get 100 wins at duel league.
Obtenez 100 victoires à la ligue de duels.
Hole 100 Siege in der Duell Uga.
Realizzare 100 vittone nel Duello League.
Consigue 100 victorias en una Liga de Duelos.
Get 1000 wins at duel league.
|Plus Gros Gaillard
Obtenez 1.000 victoires à la ligue de duels.
Hole 1000 Siege in der Duell Uga.
|Il più Grando Ragazzo
Realizzare 1000 vittone nel Duello League.
|El Más Grande|
Consigue 1.000 victorias en una Liga de Duelos.
Collect 50 recipes.
Collectionner 50 recettes.
Sammel 50 Rezepte.
Colleziona 50 ricette.
Colecciona 50 recetas.
Collect 100 recipes.
Collectionner 100 recettes.
Sammel 100 Rezepte.
Colleziona 100 ricette.
Colecciona 100 recetas.
Acquire 10 friends.
Obtenir 10 amis.
Erwerbe 10 Freunde.
Acquisire 10 amici.
Adquiere 10 amigos.
Acquire 100 friends.
Obtenir 100 amis.
Erwerbe 100 Ferunde.
Acquisire 100 amici.
Adquiere 100 amigos.
|Top on the Mountain
Defeat all characters.
|Au Sommet de la Montagne
Vaincre tous les personnages.
|Auf dem Berggipfel
Besiege alle Charaktere
|In Cima alla Montagna
Sconfiggere tutti i personaggi.
|En la Cima de la Montaña|
Derrota a todos los personajes.
Defeat all characters in Hard Mode.
|Personne ne Suit
Vaincre tous les personnages de Mode Difficile.
Besiege alle Charaktere im Harter Modus.
Sconfiggere tutti i personaggi in Modalità Difficile.
|Nadie le Sigue|
Derrota a todos los personajes en Modo Difícil.
Get 10.000 wins at Multiplayer.
Obtenez 10.000 victoires en Multi-joueur.
Erreiche 10.000 Siege im Multiplayer.
Realizza 10.000 vittorie in Multiplayer.
Consigue 10.000 victorias en Multijugador.
- A.^ ^ ^ ^ ^ In the My Achievements section, Yuma's last name Tsukumo is misspelled as Tskumo. This is a typo.
This list is currently incomplete.
On December 4, 2014, the game now has been updated to version ver. 0508 for iOS. This is the list of the following things.
- Syncing times greatly improved for the server and data sync.
- Crashes caused by delayed syncs was fixed and the amount of instances where a server sync occurs is reduced.
- The ability to switch languages between English, French, Italian, German and Spanish. This is accessible under the Help and Opinions section.
- A glitch where the user would not receive all the Duel Points they deserved after a match was fixed. This was triggered after a Surrender in any of the game modes.
- Bug fixes and optimization.
On January 22, 2015, the game now has been updated to version ver. 0513 for iOS. This is the list of the following things.
- Bug fixes, improved overall stability, and optimization.
- The price of Bonus Boosters has been reduced.
- Leaderboards have been fixed and will properly display the Duel Leaders.
- Issues with the Friends List have been fixed.
- The easy opponents in the Classic Stage of Campaign Mode are even easier to beat.
- IN4-M8 the non-playable character will reward the player a gift whenever there is a flashing icon of his icon on the Main Menu.
- An issue when the App was closing on people who received their 7-day login bonus was fixed.
On February 1, 2015, the game now has been updated to version ver. 0514 for iOS. This update is only for bug fixes, improved overall stability, and optimization, nothing else.
On February 6, 2015, the game now has been updated to version 0.514_v21 (ver. 1.0 for Android). This is the list of the following things.
- Improved overall stability and a variety of bug fixes.
- The price of standard Bonus Boosters has been reduced from 1,000 to 600 and the Bundle has been reduced from 10,000 to 6,000.
- Leaderboards have been fixed.
- Issues with the Friends List have been fixed.
- The easy opponents in the Classic Stage of Campaign Mode are even easier to beat.
On April 6, 2015, the game now has been updated to version 0.514_v26 (ver. 1.06 for Android//ver. 1.06 for iOS). This is the list of the following things. These updates are the change listed in the official Google Play and iTunes app store page. The rest of the update changes are from the player's perception and experience.
- Google playstore
- Game no longer crashes if you concede a multiplayer match to your opponent.
- Many game play bugs fixed.
- iTunes app store
- Duelist League has a completely restructured points, rewards and ranking system. After each match, Duelists will rank-up faster and earn more Duel Points plus a FREE CARD. A 10-minute cool down was imposed on Duelists who forcefully disconnect from the games.
- Battle Phase moves quicker because the battle animations have been relegated as an option in the Settings Menu.
- Receive a notification whenever there is a friend invite or a game invite.
- Game achievements that would not unlock have been fixed.
- Increased protection for account data.
- The leaderboards have been reset and optimized.
- Many game play bugs have been fixed.
- Player's perception and experience
- Face-down cards in the Spell & Trap Zone have a new flip animation, instead of being flipped from right to left, they are now flipped from top to bottom.
- Face-down cards in the Monster Zone have a new flip animation, instead of being flipped from bottom to top, they are now flipped from right to left.
- Battle animation, where monsters can be seen attacking each other, is now an option in the menu. It is switched to "off" by default.
- Counters have been enlarged making it is easily to see them.
- A turn counter has now been added to cards that have turn-based effects. For example, "Swords of Revealing Light", "Swords of Concealing Light", "Nightmare's Steelcage", "Wave-Motion Cannon", etc.
- A card that has their name treated as the card's name or becomes the card in their effect now have their card's appearance become that card. For example, when "Harpie Channeler" is on the field or in the Graveyard, that card's appearance is completely changed to the card "Harpie Lady".
On February 17, 2016, the game now has been updated to version 0.514_v26a (ver. 1.06a for Android). This update is only for a minor security, nothing else.
On September 7-8, 2016, the game now has been updated to version 1.925a_v57a (ver. 57a for Android/ver 1.925 for iOS). This is the list of the following things. Only the first five bullet points are from the official update page. The rest of the updates are from the player's perception and experience.
- More than 280 new cards have been added, including Sylvans and Artifacts.
- New card filter makes finding newly acquired cards easier.
- Now available for iPhone.
- Your opponent can now be invited to your friend list after every online DUEL.
- More updates are coming soon.
- In the Campaign mode, the star box for challenge has been enlarged.
- Info box has been added. It now appears as a selection among Activate, Look, Summon or Set, etc, whenever a player taps on a card during a Duel. The info box also appears when a player taps on a card from a booster pack, reward and card list.
- Player icon, name and Life Points are now zoomed out during a Duel to highlight whose turn it is.
- Monsters on the field now display one stat for ATK/DEF, instead of both stats. It now depends on the current battle position to show the stat, Attack Position shows ATK and Defense Position shows DEF. Furthermore, the color for ATK/DEF was changed from blue to orange.
- Many in-game prompts have now been redesigned and widened.
- Some in-game text has now been enlarged.
- DP is changed to Duel Points.
- The bar that shows the Phases during a Duel now has a pop-out animation.
- A text line has been added to the select card prompt near the bottom which indicates how many cards can be selected.
- A new cards listing has been added to the Deck Editor. It is shown right after opening the Deck Editor and it shows what new cards the player received.
- During Campaign mode whenever a player defeats an opponent and receives random Duel Points from IN4-M8 the amount is now 5000 Duel Points instead of 4000 Duel Points.
- Connecting to the server is not automatic anymore. If players want to log-in to their account, they now have to tap on their avatar icon to receive the synching and log-in information, then everything becomes automatic.
- Some Duel Points bonuses have been reduced. For example, the bonus "did not use any Spell Card or Trap Card" went down from 125 DP to 75 DP.
On September 16, 2016, the game now has been updated to version 1.925a_v61a (ver. 61a for Android). This update is only for bug fixes, nothing else.
On September 26-27, 2016, the game now has been updated to version 1.926a_v62a (ver. 62a for Android/ver. 1.926 for iOS). This is the list of the following things. Only the first four bullet points are from the official update page. The rest of the updates are from the player's perception and experience.
- Server optimization. It is now more stable, reliable, and faster.
- Card inconsistency, free cards, and other related issues are fixed.
- The forbidden list has been updated.
- A lot of bug fixes.
- The size of the prompt for a card's activation has been reduced.
- Some card text have their text updated.
On October 26-27, 2016, the game now has been updated to version 1.929a_v65a (ver. 65a for Android/ver. 1.929 for iOS). This update has added 6 new support packs to the Premium store. These support packs are downloadable content and contain Gagaga, Gladiator Beast, Machine, Lightsworn, Chronomaly, and Gimmick Puppet cards.
On January 27, 2017, the game now has been updated to version 2.28a_v97a (ver. 97a for Android/ver. 2.000 for iOS). This is the list of the following things. Only the first seven bullet points are from the official update page. The rest of the updates are from the player's perception and experience.
- Pendulum Summon is now introduced
- 20 new Campaign Duels with ARC-V characters.
- Additional avatars are added.
- More than 1,400 cards have been added, including the expansion of the free card catalog.
- Friend invitation indicator has been added.
- The forbidden list has been updated to April 2016.
- Bug fixes and optimizations for streamline performance.
- In the Android version, the Google Play Games app was one of the requirement in order to play the game, at that time the game wouldn't load past the title scream. However, the user does not need to create a Google Play Games account.
- The Dueling interface has been redesigned and changed. The opponent's and user's avatar are now on the right side instead of the left side and the avatar size is now smaller. The Life Points indicator has been redesigned, it is also on the right side and the indicator is now smaller. The Dueling interface for the card text box now covers up the entire left side. The Duel field has a new appearance and is now smaller.
- The Life Points indicator now flashes when the Life Points are closer to 0.
- Pendulum Scale is now added into the Duel field.
- When a Field Spell Card is activated, it doesn't cover the entire screen.
- The rules have been updated, for example, the player does not draw a card on the first turn.
- The card text box has been redesigned and some texts are now even smaller.
- The user can now purchase custom Decks in the Free store by spending 200000 DP.
- 11 new achievements have been added.
- Some card texts have their text updated.
- Information about Pendulum Monster and Pendulum Summon have been added to the How to Play and Glossary section.
- Deck Editor has been redesigned and changed. The card text box now covers up the entire left side and the card list has been expanded.
- The Type Pendulum has been added to the search category.
- Attack and Defense has been added to the search category.
- The monster Type and SubType has been added to the info box.
- The prompt for monster being Special Summoned from the Graveyard have been redesigned and now include the monster's name, ATK and DEF stats rather than just the monster's position.
- Three different card frames for Pendulum Monster has been added to Deck Editor.
- New bonuses involving Pendulum and new cards were added.
- The notification for new Weekly Challenge has been removed.
- Duel Bonus received from IN4-M8 in Campaign Mode has been removed.
On February 27-28, 2017, the game now has been updated to version 3.8a_v106a (ver. 106a for Android/ver. 2.010 for iOS). This update is only for bug fixes and optimization, nothing else.
On March 27-28, 2017, the game now has been updated to version 3.18a_v116a (ver. 116a for Android/ver. 2.020 for iOS). Though this update only lists multiplayer improvement, there are some noticeable changes made to the game:
- The Type Wyrm has been added to the search category in Deck Editor.
- Card's name changes;
- Some card's text has been changed, for example, the card "The Prime Monarch" has the text "Once per turn: You can target 2 "Monarch" Spell/Trap Crards in your Graveyard" changed to "Once per turn: You can target 2 "Monarch" Spell/Trap Cards in your Graveyard".
On May 8-9, 2017, the game now has been updated to version 4.02a_v119a (ver. 119a for Android/ver. 2.100 for iOS). This update is only for bug fixes and optimization, nothing else.
On June 1, 2017, the game now has been updated to version 4.04a_v121a (ver. 121a for Android/ver. 2.200 for iOS). This update is only for bug fixes and optimization, nothing else.
Below is a list of the bugs in the game, these bugs may be fixed in the future. If a bug is fixed, please do not remove it, simply stated that the bugs is fixed.
This list is currently incomplete.
- When a card is Special Summoned from your hand and there is more than one copies in the hand, the copies will be shown in the hand. This remain as long as the hand aren't randomly shuffled. This bug was fixed in version 0.514_v26 (ver. 1.06 for Android).
- When "Soul Release" is played, and more than 3 cards are selected, the game will crashed. This bug was fixed in version 0.514_v26 (ver. 1.06 for Android).
- An previous Duel that either the player or the opponent win or lose can be repeated, this cause the player and the opponent to have the same cards from before. Furthermore, this can occur while facing a different opponent instead only the player will have the same cards from before.
- If the player tries to connect the game server with a low mobile network, the game will crashed. This can be fixed by switching to a wireless network.
- If the player use a non-English setting and manage to crash the game, then the card shown in the Main Menu will have English text on the name and text box instead. Spell and Trap Card will only retain the non-English text on the card type section.
- If a Chain occurred while the opponent attempts to Summon "Darkness Neosphere", the game will crashed. This bug was fixed in version 1.925a_v57a (ver. 57a for Android/ver 1.925 for iOS).
- Before the start of a Duel, a small gift icon will briefly appear, and then disappear. This occur in version 1.925a_v57a (ver. 57a for Android/ver 1.925 for iOS). This bug was fixed in version 2.28a_v97a (ver. 97a for Android/ver 2.000 for iOS).
- If the player were to go near as 200 pages in the new cards listing from the Deck Editor section, the game will crashed. Furthermore, if the player were to tap as fast as possible, it will crash at below 200 pages. This occur in version 1.925a_v57a (ver. 57a for Android/ver 1.925 for iOS).
- If the player tap on the Recipe icon in Deck Editor, the game will crashed. Can be fixed by deleting app and redownloading. This occur and documented in version 1.925a_v57a (ver. 57a for Android/ver 1.925 for iOS).
- Some Pendulum Monsters have their card text glitch up when placed onto the Monster Zone or Pendulum Zone. Sometimes the card text for Pendulum Monsters will be blank and sometimes the Monster Effect will be shown instead. This occur and documented in version 2.28a_v97a (ver. 97a for Android/ver 2.000 for iOS). This bug was fixed in version 4.02a_v119a (ver. 119a for Android/ver. 2.100 for iOS).
- If a card with a long text is activated, the text in the prompt to confirm the activation is shown outside the prompt. This occur and documented in version 2.28a_v97a (ver. 97a for Android/ver 2.000 for iOS). This bug was fixed in version 3.8a_v106a (ver. 106a for Android/ver. 2.010 for iOS).
- If the player uses the effect of "Superheavy Samurai Warlord Susanowo" to target a Field Spell in the opponent's Graveyard, the game will crash as the card is being placed onto the opponent's Field Zone instead of the player's. This occur in version 2.28a_v97a (ver. 97a for Android/ver 2.000 for iOS).
- If the player uses a monster with a ATK that is higher than the Xyz Monster as Xyz Material, the monster with the highest ATK will sometime be on top of the Xyz Monster instead. This causes the game function and prompt for the Xyz Monster like the activation of its effect, attacks, look at its Material(s) and switches battle position to not work. So far, the effect that would work is if the Xyz Monster has the text "During each of your End Phases: Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card.". Furthermore, cards that increases ATK like Field Spell Card or Continuous Spell Card will sometime affect the monster that is being used as Material. The only solution toward this problem is to detach the monster with the higher ATK before the bug occurred. This occur and documented in version 2.28a_v97a (ver. 97a for Android/ver 2.000 for iOS).
- If the player use a card that prevent themselves from drawing for the rest of the turn and has a another copies of the card in the Graveyard, then when the player was to draw a card, multiple copies of the card will be shown and activated, instead of one copy. This occur and documented in version 2.28a_v97a (ver. 97a for Android/ver 2.000 for iOS).
- If the player is Dueling in a two out of three match, the second match would always featured a inaccurate Deck count. Furthermore, if the player in the previous match has a lower count than the opponent, then in the next match, the opponent would start with a inaccurate count. Though if both players have a one to two card difference in the previous match, then in the next match, both players will start with an inaccurate count. Also, if the player was to surrender the Duel, then the player who surrender will have the inaccurate Deck count. This bug is easily fixed whenever the Deck is shuffled. This occur and documented in version 3.18a_v116a (ver. 116a for Android/ver. 2.020 for iOS).
- If the player was to tap/use a Pendulum Monster(s) with no Pendulum Effect, the game will crashed. So far, the cards are "Flash Knight", "Mandragon", "Performapal Trump Girl", "Steel Cavalry of Dinon" and the "Majespecter" Pendulum Monsters. Furthermore, if the player was to Duel a Duelist with a certain Decklists that used a Pendulum Monster(s) with no Pendulum Effect in Campaign Mode, the Duel would be render unplayable as the game will crashed. These Duelists are Dennis McField (Majespecter) and Yuya Sasaki (Performapal/Odd-Eyes: "Performapal Trump Girl"). Also, if the player were to taps on these cards in Deck Editor, the game will crashed. This occurs and documented in version 4.02a_v119a (ver. 119a for Android/ver. 2.100 for iOS). This bug was fixed in version 4.04a_v121a (ver. 121a for Android/ver. 2.200 for iOS).
- If a Xyz Monster was Xyz Summoned using only Pendulum Monsters as an Xyz Material, then the game will crashed as soon as the Xyz Summoned monster is placed onto the field. This occur and documented in version 4.02a_v119a (ver. 119a for Android/ver. 2.100 for iOS). This bug was fixed in version 4.04a_v121a (ver. 121a for Android/ver. 2.200 for iOS).
- If a non-Pendulum Monster was Tribute Summoned/Set using only the face-up Pendulum Monster on the Monster Zone as Tribute, then the game will crashed as soon as the Tribute Summoned/Set non-Pendulum Monster is placed onto the field. This occur and documented in version 4.02a_v119a (ver. 119a for Android/ver. 2.100 for iOS). This bug was fixed in version 4.04a_v121a (ver. 121a for Android/ver. 2.200 for iOS).
References to other games
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Millennium Duels: Character's artwork, achievement, deck recipe, forbidden/limited list and music is taken from this game.
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Ultimate Masters: World Championship Tournament 2006: Cards that weren't released internationally in 2013 have their French, German, Italian and Spanish names/lores taken from this game.
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: ARC-V character's artwork is taken from this game.
- yugioh-card.com/en/ Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Generation product
- itunes.apple.com/ca/ Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Generation iTunes Canada app page
- itunes.apple.com/us/ Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Generation iTunes United States app page
- facebook.com Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Generation Facebook is now the official developer site after duelgeneration.konami.com/ discontinue and is now a redirect for that site.
- play.google.com Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Generation Google Play
- "Things to do: Try out Yu-Gi-Oh! videogames!". Konami of Europe. November 2, 2014.
- Kevin Touch (October 30, 2014). "Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Generation Finally Lands on the U.S. App Store". iPad Guide.
- Jared Nelson (October 30, 2014). "'Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Generation' for iPad Now Available Worldwide". TouchArcade.
- "Konami announces release of new Yu-Gi-Oh! content across multiple formats for 2016". yugioh-card.com.
- NeoArkadia (May 1, 2020). "The Organization | Duel Generation To End Service". YGOrganization. Retrieved May 1, 2020.