Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2008
|English||Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2008|
|Japanese||November 29, 2007|
|North American||December 4, 2007|
|European||March 27, 2008|
|Korean||April 5, 2008|
|Previous||World Championship 2007|
|Next||5D's World Championship 2009: Stardust Accelerator|
Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2008 is a video game, and part of the World Championship series.
The game contains most cards present in the OCG up to and including the "Gladiator's Assault" Booster Pack set and some cards that at that at the time were TCG exclusive. It also features online Dueling with friends via the Nintendo DS Wi-Fi Connection.
"Tournament dueling is back with the official software of Yu-Gi-Oh! World Tournament 2008! Battle it out on two exciting game modes: "World Championship" mode, and the new "Duel World" mode, where you can venture through events, meet duel spirits, and buy new cards."
- The second effect of "Rainbow Dragon" can be activated by the opponent during either player's turn.
- Due to the difference between release dates for the American and European localizations, cards that were released in the TCG during that timeframe have different names between the two versions.
- "Crystal Seer", "Kozaky", and "Nurse Reficule the Fallen One" appear in this game as characters, but their cards do not appear.
- "Yubel" also appears in the game as a character, but its card was not released at the time.
- In previous games, the Egyptian God cards were always either illegal or Forbidden; in this game, they are all Limited for the first time, allowing players to put one of each Egyptian God card into their Deck.
- Most "Archfiend" cards are absent from the game.
- The following Fusion Material Monsters are absent from the game, despite the Fusion Monsters formed from these monsters being included in the game:
- Cave Dragon
- Divine Dragon Ragnarok
- Enchanting Mermaid
- Fairy Dragon
- Frontier Wiseman
- Giga-Tech Wolf
- Guardian of the Labyrinth
- Lesser Fiend
- M-Warrior #1
- M-Warrior #2
- Mystical Sheep #2
- One-Eyed Shield Dragon
- Petit Angel
- Possessed Dark Soul
- Sea Kamen
- Skull Red Bird
- Spirit Ryu
- Warrior Dai Grepher
- Zone Eater
- Most characters faced in Single Duels in both Duel World and World Championship Mode can be recruited as Tag Partners by defeating them 10 times. Players can also team up with any Ghost Duelist they downloaded.
- Stone Monuments appear in many areas when the player defeats each opponent from that area 5 times. These Monuments challenge the player to win a duel in which they summon a specific monster, and succeeding unlocks a character from the GX anime as an opponent in World Championship Mode.
All the promotional cards that are included with the game are used by Adrian Gecko in the anime.
|Original Character & Monster Design|
|Direction & Game Design||
|Package & Manual Design||
|Special Thanks To||