|Help support Yugipedia by using our Chrome extension, which redirects links to the old Wikia/Fandom site to Yugipedia, ensuring you see the most up-to-date information. Firefox users don't worry—a similar Firefox add-on will be out soon. If you have any issues or find any bugs, be sure to let us know on Discord!|
Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2008
|English||Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2008|
|Japanese||November 29, 2007|
|North American||December 4, 2007|
|European||March 27, 2008|
|Previous||World Championship 2007|
|Next||5D's World Championship 2009: Stardust Accelerator|
Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2008 is a video game, and part of the World Championship series.
The game contains most cards present in the OCG up to and including the "Gladiator's Assault" Booster Pack set and some cards that at that at the time were TCG exclusive. It also features online Dueling with friends via the Nintendo DS Wi-Fi Connection.
"Tournament dueling is back with the official software of Yu-Gi-Oh! World Tournament 2008! Battle it out on two exciting game modes: "World Championship" mode, and the new "Duel World" mode, where you can venture through events, meet duel spirits, and buy new cards."
- "Yubel", "Crystal Seer", "Kozaky", and "Nurse Reficule the Fallen One" are all available in this game as Duel spirits, but none are available as playable cards.
- The second effect of "Rainbow Dragon" can be activated by the opponent during either player's turn.
- "Arcana Force EX - The Light Ruler", under the name "Arcana Force Extra - The Light Ruler", is the only "Arcana Force" monster available in this game.
- "Dimension Distortion" does not allow you to Special Summon your opponent's removed from play monsters.
- The card lore of "Exodius the Ultimate Forbidden Lord" does not tell you that you can also send a monster from your Deck to the Graveyard when "Exodius" attacks.
- In previous games, the Egyptian God cards were always either illegal or Forbidden; in this game, they are all Limited for the first time, allowing players to put one of each Egyptian God card into their Deck.
- All the promotional cards that are included with the game are used by Adrian Gecko in the anime.
- Most of the "Archfiend" series of cards are not available within the game.
- The following Fusion Material Monsters are absent from the game, despite the Fusion Monsters formed from these Monsters being included in the game:
- Cave Dragon
- Divine Dragon Ragnarok
- Enchanting Mermaid
- Fairy Dragon
- Frontier Wiseman
- Giga-Tech Wolf
- Guardian of the Labyrinth
- Lesser Fiend
- M-Warrior #1
- M-Warrior #2
- Mystical Sheep #2
- One-Eyed Shield Dragon
- Petit Angel
- Possessed Dark Soul
- Sea Kamen
- Skull Red Bird
- Spirit Ryu
- Warrior Dai Grepher
- Zone Eater
- After you defeat an opponent 10 times, they are added to your Tag partner list.
- A Stone Seal appears in an area after you beat every opponent in that area 10 times.