Main Phase 2
|Main Phase 2
Mein Feizu 2
Main Phase 2
Main Phase 2 (メインフェイズ２ Mein Feizu Ni) is a Main Phase conducted after the Battle Phase. As a Main Phase, most actions that could normally be performed in Main Phase 1 can also be performed in this phase.
Some cards and effects can only be activated during Main Phase 2, such as "Emergency Assistance" , the effect of "Crystal Beast Emerald Tortoise" and the effect of "Sweet Corn". Some Xyz Monsters, such as "Stellarknight Constellar Diamond" and "Downerd Magician", can be Xyz Summoned using an Xyz Monster as Xyz Material only if Xyz Summoned during Main Phase 2. "Clara & Rushka, the Ventriloduo" can be only Link Summoned during Main Phase 2.
In Main Phase 2, the turn player may:
- Normal Summon/Set a monster (the player can only perform one Normal Summon/Set per turn, so the player cannot Normal Summon/Set in both Main Phases).
- Special Summon a monster(s).
- Manually change the battle position of a monster, provided that monster did not declare an attack during the Battle Phase, it was not Summoned or Set during that same turn, and it has not already manually changed its battle position that turn.
- Flip Summon a monster, provided it was not Summoned or Set during that same turn.
- Activate Ignition Effects, such as those of "Barrel Dragon" or "Cannon Soldier".
- Set Spell/Trap Cards.
- Activate Spell/Trap Cards of any Spell Speed. Quick-Play Spell Cards and Trap Cards cannot be activated in the turn they are Set.