|Help support Yugipedia by using our Chrome extension, which redirects links to the old Wikia/Fandom site to Yugipedia, ensuring you see the most up-to-date information. Firefox users don't worry—a similar Firefox add-on will be out soon. If you have any issues or find any bugs, be sure to let us know on Discord!|
|Japanese (base text)||
Monsutā no Kōka
Types of monster effect
There are several distinct types of monster effect.
- Ignition Effect: Optional Spell Speed 1 effect that can be activated in any open game state during the Main Phase (some cards have Ignition Effects that can be activated during other Phases).
- Trigger Effect: Spell Speed 1 effect that has a specific activation timing. Can be either optional or mandatory.
- Quick Effect: Special type of Trigger or Ignition Effect that is Spell Speed 2 and can be activated on the opponent's turn. Formerly called "Multi-Trigger Effect."
- Continuous Effect: Effect that does not start a Chain, and applies while the monster with this effect is face-up on the field (and under no other circumstances).
- Unclassified Effect: Effect that does not start a Chain, and is not a Continuous Effect.