Yūhatsu Sokuji Kōka
Immediate Trigger Effect
A Quick Effect, formerly called a Multi-Trigger Effect, and called an Immediate Trigger Effect (誘発即時効果 Yūhatsu Sokuji Kōka) in the OCG, is a type of monster effect that is Spell Speed 2 (and is the only Spell Speed 2 monster effect).
It is the only type of monster effect that can be activated in Summon negation window, and the only one that can be chained to another activation (excluding SEGOC). As such, monsters effects that negate the activation or Summon of something are all Quick Effects.
For cards with Problem-Solving Card Text (PSCT), starting in Maximum Crisis: Special Edition, Quick Effects are noted by mention of "(Quick Effect)" in the text. Prior to Maximum Crisis: Special Edition, for cards with PSCT, Quick Effects are normally noted by "During either player's [turn/Phase/Step]" in the activation timing, or "(this is a Quick Effect)" at the end of the effect if that wording is not applicable.
For cards without PSCT, Quick Effects are more difficult to identify. They can be identified by text which indicates the same timing as the PSCT standard. Some Quick Effects can only be determined to be that way due to rulings.
Unless otherwise specified (e.g. "Light and Darkness Dragon"), the same Quick Effect can be activated multiple times during the same Chain, as long as it meets its activation conditions and/or timing each time.
- Chain Link 1: The opponent activates "Fissure".
- Chain Link 2: The player Chains "Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8"'s effect to negate its activation and destroy "Fissure".
- Chain Link 3: The opponent Chains "Book of Moon", targeting "Horus".
- Chain Link 4: The player Chains "Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8"'s effect to negate its activation and destroy "Book of Moon.
Since Chains resolve backwards, this Chain would resolve as follows:
- Chain Link 4: "Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8" negates and destroys "Book of Moon".
- Chain Link 3: "Book of Moon" does not resolve.
- Chain Link 2: "Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8" negates and destroys "Fissure".
- Chain Link 1: "Fissure" does not resolve.
List of OCG/TCG monsters with Quick Monster Effects
|Japanese name||Primary type||Secondary type||Attribute||Type||Level/|
|A-Team: Trap Disposal Unit||トラップ||Effect Monster||FIRE||Machine||2||300||400|
|A-to-Z-Dragon Buster Cannon||Effect Monster|
|ABC-Dragon Buster||Effect Monster|
|Absolute King Back Jack||Effect Monster||DARK||Fiend||1||0||0|
|Abyss Dweller||Xyz Monster|
|Accel Synchron||アクセル・シンクロン||Synchro Monster|
|Achacha Chanbara||アチャチャチャンバラー||Effect Monster||FIRE||Warrior||3||1400||400|
|Adamancipator Risen - Dragite||Synchro Monster|
|Adamancipator Risen - Leonite||Synchro Monster|
|Adamancipator Risen - Raptite||Synchro Monster|
|... further results (824 more)|