|Help support Yugipedia by using our Chrome extension, which redirects links to the old Wikia/Fandom site to Yugipedia, ensuring you see the most up-to-date information. Firefox users don't worry—a similar Firefox add-on will be out soon. If you have any issues or find any bugs, be sure to let us know on Discord!|
A card's Status is a term showing how many copies of that card are allowed in a player's combined Main Deck, Extra Deck, and Side Deck for official Duels. Statuses are announced every several months in the Forbidden and Limited lists.
The following Statuses are used in the lists:
- Unlimited - up to three copies, the maximum, are currently allowed.
- Semi-Limited - up to two copies are currently allowed.
- Limited - only one copy is currently allowed.
- Forbidden - no copies are currently allowed. This status is only used in the TCG Advanced Format and in the OCG; Forbidden cards are changed to Limited in the TCG Traditional Format.
Yugipedia also covers the following statuses:
- Legal - the card can be used in an official Duel. Since all Forbidden, Limited, Semi-Limited, and Unlimited cards are also legal, this status is only specifically assigned to cards that are not also any of the above four statuses. (This applies mainly for release Token Monsters; see the legal article for more information.)
- Illegal - the card is not and never will be legal anywhere. All official illegal cards have Limitation Text present on the card, usually stating "This card cannot be used in a Duel".
- Not Legal - the card is only legal in certain regions; outside of those regions, they are considered not legal (see the article for more information).
- Not Yet Released - the card has a confirmed future release date. Any copies that may be leaked will be not be considered legal until then.
- Not Yet Legal - the card has been officially released but will not be considered legal until some time in the future.