|Help support Yugipedia by installing our new Chrome extension. This extension automatically redirects any links to the old Wikia/Fandom site to Yugipedia to ensure that you're always viewing the most up-to-date information available. You can enable the extension by clicking "Add to Chrome" on the app's webstore entry. For those of you using Firefox, don't worry—a Firefox add-on to do the same thing will be out soon. If you have any issues with the extension or you come across any bugs, be sure to let us know on Discord!|
Main Phase 1
|Main Phase 1
Mein Feizu 1
Main Phase 1
Main Phase 1 (Japanese: メインフェイズ１ Mein Feizu Ichi) is a Main Phase conducted after the Standby Phase. As a Main Phase, most actions that could normally be performed in Main Phase 2 can also be performed in this phase.
After Main Phase 1 has ended, the turn player may choose to enter the Battle Phase. If they choose not to, the player automatically proceeds to the End Phase (they cannot enter Main Phase 2 unless they conduct their Battle Phase).
Some cards and effects can only be activated during Main Phase 1, such as "Cold Wave" and the effect of "Dark Strike Fighter". Many of these effects possess this restriction due to applying an effect during the Battle Phase, such as "After the Struggle" and the effect of "Baby Tiragon".
In Main Phase 1, the turn player may:
- Normal Summon/Set a monster (the player can only perform one Normal Summon/Set per turn, so the player cannot Normal Summon/Set in both Main Phases).
- Special Summon a monster(s).
- Manually change the battle position of a monster, provided that monster was not Summoned or Set during that same turn, and it had not already manually changed its battle position that turn.
- Flip Summon a monster, provided it was not Summoned or Set during that same turn.
- Activate Ignition Effects, such as those of "Barrel Dragon" or "Cannon Soldier".
- Set Spell/Trap Cards.
- Activate Spell/Trap Cards of any Spell Speed. Quick-Play Spell Cards and Trap Cards cannot be activated in the turn they are Set.