User talk:Louisisthebest 007
I noticed you put a lot of Card Tips for multiple cards. Some of them I felt, however, were not true and/or didn't make sense. Please do not recklessly add in card tips and learn more about the card and the entire game first. AnnaV 17:56, 25 January 2007 (UTC)
- If some of the tips didn't make sense or were incorrect, I didn't intend to mislead. I may have used a few non-mainstream terms and phrased things strangely, but at the time of each posting, I posted useful tips for each card on how I played them in real physical duel games. Louisisthebest 007 22:14, 25 January 2007 (UTC)
- It's not Wikia Policy to hold content other than Images or Simple Audio/Visual Media. I would suggest a link be put in the Page itself for a download location link. --TwoTailedFox (My Talk Page) 14:28, 28 January 2007 (UTC)
Cards that need images
Thanks for pointing out if there are images missing... but please just check the Set Galleries for the card image you are looking for... most TCG Cards have images but may not be linked properly to the card article page. Feel free to do it if you find a problem... just remember that the 1st release in English is the card image we hope for on each card article. thx --Pcouw 16:16, 2 February 2007 (UTC)
If you'd actually -looked- and searched via the Set Numbers, you would have seen that you had not observed one of the most basic of English rules.
Take what you entered, "Attack and Recieve". The rule states, "I before E, except after C". The correct name, that exists, is "Attack and Receive". Please take more care when entering cards, and rest assured, If a card exists in the main OCG or TCG sets, we already have it up.--TwoTailedFox (My Talk Page) 23:37, 9 February 2007 (UTC)
Machine Monster List and all other lists you are adding.
Please stop adding Machine Monster List categories. To the best of my knowledge this is something that TwoTailedFox doesn't want as it will slow the wikia down. Please stop until he has confirmed his intentions. thx.--Pcouw 14:17, 10 March 2007 (UTC)
- Oh, I didn't know that was the case, Usually large lists of cards like these would do much better in Categories than manually on ordinary articles. Okay, until I can confirm the permission to do this, I will stand down progress on the categories. --Louisisthebest 007 14:20, 10 March 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks... I'm glad to have contributors like yourself. If this is what TwoTailedFox wants then you'll be free to continue. Thanks again, its much easier to stop then to have to undo everything later on.
- Large Numbers of categorised pages increase the load on the database and the cache, therefore, I've only allowed far-reaching Categories. This way, we have few overlaps. The problem with Machine, etc Categories, is the "What do we not categorise". If we start doing them by Attribute, ATK, DEF, etc, it would increase the time it took to fetch an article. I had a previous Wiki that used lots of Categories, and it really slowed it down.--TwoTailedFox (My Talk Page) 18:13, 10 March 2007 (UTC)