Card Tips:Destiny HERO - Defender
This article may require cleanup to meet this wiki's standards.
- This card can be searched by "Elemental HERO Stratos", "Elemental HERO Shadow Mist", "Xtra HERO Cross Crusader", "Evil Mind", "Masked HERO Dian", "D - Tactics", "Over Destiny", "D-Time", "Destiny Signal", "Phantom Magician", "Reinforcement of the Army", "Isolde, Two Tales of the Noble Knights", "Iron Knight", "Exchange of Night and Day", "Gaia, the Mid-Knight Sun", "Field-Commander Rahz", "Freed the Matchless General", "Red Sparrow Summoner", "Dragodies, the Empowered Warrior", "Creeping Darkness", "Dark General Freed", "Mystic Tomato", "Ahrima, the Wicked Warden", "Chaos Zone", "Summoner Monk", "Vampire Dragon", "Resonator Engine", "Soul Rope", "Rescue Ferret", "Umbramirage the Elemental Lord", "Sangan", and other generic searchers.
- Use "Appropriate" to draw 2 extra cards during each of your opponent's turns. This can be especially useful for "Exodia" Decks.
- Use "Helpoemer" to get rid of some of the cards your opponent draws through this card.
- Although extra cards can help your opponent, if you have 2 or more of these face-up on the field in Defense Position, your opponent can mill through their Deck rather quickly. This can be useful against a "Lightsworn" Deck.
- Special Summon this card (through "Destiny HERO - Fear Monger" or any other revival cards) and then play "Inferno Reckless Summon", bringing three copies of this card onto the field. This will make your opponent draw a total of 4 cards each turn. This will allow you to mill through your opponent's deck in under 9 turns. You can further this process along with "Needle Worm" and "The Gift of Greed". To ensure your opponent can't use many cards against you, activate "Enervating Mist" and "Spatial Collapse", so that most of his surplus cards are sent to the Graveyard.
- You can use this card's negative effect to help your opponent Decking Out.
- Summon three of these and activate "Greed". Your opponent loses 1500 Life Points per turn and his/her deck gets thinning. Then tribute them for "Destiny HERO - Dogma" and cut his/her life points in half. Alternatively, Summon "Dogma" before summoning three "Defenders", to drain your opponent of lifepoints in only 3 turns (or less, if "Dogma" can attack directly).
- "Robbin' Goblin" works well with this card. If you also use "Staunch Defender", "Battle Mania", etc. you can take advantage of your defender's effect, making your opponent discard cards quickly and deal damage.
- A possible OTK with this card would be a Defense position Defender, "All-Out Attacks" and "Ojama Trio".
- A rather complicated combo involves a Gemini summoned "Shadow Delver", "Weapon Change"/"Shield & Sword", and this card. Switch Defender to Attack position. Use "Weapon Change"/"Shield & Sword" to make its ATK 2700, then use "Shadow Delver's" effect to let this card attack directly.
- This card can be a very powerful beatstick in an "Ojama" Beatdown Deck, as under "Ojama Country" it will have 2700 ATK. Also, being in Attack Position, the opponent will not get any free draws.
- "Weapon Change" makes him usable with both "Eradicator Epidemic Virus" and "Deck Devastation Virus", making it a useful control card.
- This card can be Special Summoned by "Debris Dragon" to easily summon a Rank 4 Xyz Monster.
- Combo this card with "D2 Shield", "Inverse Universe" and "Shadow Delver" to get a 5400 direct attacker. Don't forget that the first 2 cards will have a permanent effect on your Defender.
- Play "Greed", "Magical Thorn", "Enervating Mist" and "Anti-Spell Fragrance" to slow your opponent down as well as do damage from forcing them to draw plus more damage when they have to discard from too large a hand.
- Since Trap Cards are more vulnerable to destruction you can always use "Stronghold Guardian" instead of "D2 Shield". Plus, it's a Warrior like "Destiny HERO - Defender" and you can search for it with "Reinforcement of the Army". Also, you can save more monsters with this card because "D2 Shield" doesn't give a flat amount to help the weaker monsters too.
- You can equip this card with "Magnum Shield" to turn it into a 2800-ATK monster, giving you a mighty offense while sidestepping its effect.
- To keep your opponent from getting a double draw, summon Masked HERO Dark Law. Dark Law's effect will activate during your opponent's standby phase draw and send their extra card to the graveyard.
- This card can be Tributed for "Crush Card Virus".
- This card can be searched by "Last Will".