Upper Deck Entertainment promotional card
This article needs additional citations for verification.
|Upper Deck Entertainment|
|Number of cards||1|
The Upper Deck Entertainment promotional card is a special "The Seal of Orichalcos" produced by Upper Deck Entertainment for exclusive use by its employees at events. It has never been released to the public.
There are 15 copies in existence, formerly in the possession of members of Upper Deck Entertainment's R&D division. The current status of these cards is unknown, as they have not been used since Konami reclaimed distribution and organization rights. In July 2005, Kevin Tewart, then an employee of Upper Deck Entertainment, claimed to own a copy of this card and "Millennium Thousand-Eyes Virus".
The Upper Deck Entertainment "The Seal of Orichalcos" card was used at "Duel the Master: Orichalcos Challenge" events. During these events, Duelists would challenge members of the Upper Deck Entertainment R&D team to a Duel, but the R&D team had powerful anime-exclusive cards in their Decks, such as "The Seal of Orichalcos".
Events known to have included the Duel the Master: Orichalcos Challenge are the following:
- Tewart, Kevin (July 30, 2005). "After reading Jae's article/responses. Flaming will be dealt with SEVERELY". Pojo. Retrieved January 4, 2016.
- Tewart, Kevin (May 15, 2005). "What do you think is the best card in the game?". Pojo. Retrieved January 4, 2016.
- Upper Deck Entertainment (16 August 2005). "UPPER DECK ENTERTAINMENT RACES INTO INDIANAPOLIS WITH THE HOTTEST TRADING CARD GAMES OF THE YEAR, THE VS. SYSTEM™ $1 MILLION DOLLAR PRO CIRCUIT TOURNAMENT AND NEW SCHOLARSHIP SERIES". Pojo's Gen Con News. CARLSBAD: Pojo.com. Retrieved 23 December 2021.
- MasteroftheCards (24 July 2006). "Token TKN1-EN004". Pojo.com Forums. Pojo.com. Retrieved 20 December 2021.
- magnumcyclonex (20 November 2006). "Gen Con 2006 Experience. Judge's Perspective". City of Gamers Online. Retrieved 20 December 2021.