- This card appears in the English artwork of "Exchange".
- This card's TCG name, "Raigeki" is the Japanese word for "Thunder Strike".
- Since it obtained its Forbidden status, "Raigeki" has continued to receive homage through later counterparts, such as "Lightning Vortex", "Flash of the Forbidden Spell", "Synchro Cracker", "Raigeki Bottle", "Crystal Raigeki" and "Raigeki Break", many of which imitate its effect in more balanced manners, or with more contextual purposes.
- This card's effect is one of the four Forbidden cards that has its effect featured in "Fuh-Rin-Ka-Zan" and "Pot of The Forbidden".
- This is one of four cards to feature a card(s) that were designed to counter this card specifically in its effects, the other three being "Dark Hole", "Harpie's Feather Duster", and "Monster Reborn"; in this card's case, it is "Anti Raigeki".
- This card was both one of the first cards to be Limited in May 2002, and one of the first cards to be Forbidden in August 2004. It did not come off the list until October 2014 in the TCG, ten years later. As such, it has been Forbidden in the lists longer than any other card in the TCG before becoming Limited once more.
- The summon-triggered effect of "Phosphorage the Elemental Lord" is based on this card.