This is the talk page for discussing the page, Dumon.
Please try to
Should this page be moved to Dorbe? The name doesn't match its romanization, and the other Barian Emperors don't exactly follow the stars they're based on to the letter. MadRest 22:25, March 17, 2013 (UTC)
- So, no one's against this? I ain't gonna move the page, and then deal with other people's whines! I was contemplating on either Dorbe or Dolbe. MadRest 01:37, March 26, 2013 (UTC)
Stop trying to rename it. Or accept Dolbe as an alternative spelling. The fandom's been using Durbe for over 7 months, it has far more precedent than Dolbe now. And if they Google/Bing/Yahoo for the character on the Wikia, it's going to be under Durbe. So you're essentially throwing the entire English viewerbase under a bus at this point.
You need to be faster about these name changes, and frankly you need to get off the Wiki and go to major translation boards if you want this handled better. Work with the translators in the first place, instead of constantly against them. You're going to need to "sully" yourself. -- NeoArkadia (talk • contribs) 04:08, March 31, 2013 (UTC)
- It doesn't matter; it's wrong. Unless you offer some proof as to why it fits with the phonetic name, I will move it. You seriously don't expect that just because people have gotten used to it that it doesn't matter if it's wrong?! Either start defending your case with solid reasons or don't argue at all. And what are you talking about?! Just because I don't agree with something obviously wrong, then I'm suddenly against everyone?! I will give it another day, if someone wants to offer concrete reason as to why it is Durbe, and then I will move it. "People have already gotten used to 'Durbe'" is not a valid reason for it being spelled incorrectly. MadRest 12:47, March 31, 2013 (UTC)
- Looking it up, the reason I went with Durbe in the first place was the town of Durbe in Latvia which is translated exactly as ドルベ (Dorube). The other thing is you seem to have a tendency to go about these things frankly from the wrong way. You want people to switch over to, example, Dorbe or Dolbe? Then you're best with going to the translators outside the Wiki and effect policy elsewhere first.
- As it was, you were railroading something (and noticeably didn't ask for others' opinions on the matter on other talk pages). Had you worked with other people on this, I could of gotten the subs changed over to Dolbe/Dorbe if we discussed this on more even heads. That would of reduced confusion when people go to Google/Bing/Yahoo the Wikia. Remember normal people use this site, and they aren't going to know a Dolbe, they've known Durbe.
- The reason you'd go to other pages is so you can ask others for input because the sheer number of edits on this Wiki is staggering? Doing it the way you did makes it look like a railroad and you didn't want to work with anyone on it in a logical, constructive manner and come to a consensus, merely you wanted to change it and be right. It hurts your integrity as an editor, imo.
- And the reason I didn't bring it up immediately is I haven't dealt with the spelling of his name for months, since October. And I generally deal with so much data concerning this franchise that things get tossed out of my head at a rapid rate. That and I have be stressed for days with personal affairs that makes remembering things about a hobby skip one's mind. You know. Being human? -- NeoArkadia (talk • contribs) 13:29, March 31, 2013 (UTC)
If i may add my input here? i think we should go with whats closest to the star where his and the Varian/Barians names are derivative from; Dubhe. And the way his name is romanized, Dorube its really not that much of a stretch to get Durbe out of that, do to Japanese pronunciation. However im not anywhere close to being a competent translator, so my apologies if my input adds nothing.--RexGodwin (talk • contribs) 20:47, March 31, 2013 (UTC)
While the human form of Durbe, uses the alias of Nasch, one of the Varians who dissapeared was a different person actually named Nasch, so can someone remove the redirect so we can make an actual page for Nasch?--RexGodwin (talk • contribs) 21:32, April 14, 2013 (UTC)
BariaLAPSE, not BariaPHOSE broken
If you listen carefully to the episode, at around 14 minutes, Durbe quite clearly says BariaLAPSE. I have no idea what the Barialapse is, but the main point here is that it's not his Bariaphose that's broken. I am changing it. Aeron Solo wuz here (If you wanna talk) 20:54, April 15, 2013 (UTC)
Or did I stuff up; I am fairly when Durbe was flying Mach in the flashback in episode 109, he was called Sir Durbe and recognised Shark as not just a friend as a superior -- Sardeth42 (talk • contribs) 09:34, June 26, 2013 (UTC)
Holding his cards with his palm
This actually seems to be an animation quirk, as both Mizar and Yuma do this in the same episode. Juts a note, but probably leave this as is until we see Dumon duel again. Sanokal K-T (talk • contribs) 21:49, October 5, 2013 (UTC)