Card Rulings:Icarus Attack
Mentions in Other Rulings
- Guard Mines: You can Chain Guard Mines to any type of effect that targets and destroys 1 monster you control and only 1 monster you control. You cannot Chain it to cards like Icarus Attack, even if they target 1 monster you control and a Spell or Trap Card.
- If "Icarus Attack" targets 1 Spell/Trap Card and 1 Monster Card, you can use "Carrierroid"'s effect to negate it.
- When activating "Icarus Attack", you cannot target the same activated "Icarus Attack" as one of the cards to be destroyed.
- When resolving the effect of "Icarus Attack", if one of the targeted cards is no longer on the field, then the card that is still on the field will still be destroyed.
- If the effect of "Junk Collector" is activated by removing from play a Trap Card like "Icarus Attack" which targets, then you select the effect's target when the effect activates.
- "Guard Mines" can only be activated directly in Chain to an effect which targets one monster. Thus, you cannot Chain "Guard Mines" to an effect like "Icarus Attack" or "Gladiator Beast Gyzarus" that targets multiple cards.
Previously Official Rulings
These TCG rulings were issued by Upper Deck Entertainment and have since been declared unofficial by Konami. They were previously considered official and can still be correct, as long as they follow the official gameplay rules, or unless Konami has issued a ruling that says otherwise. References: 
- Konami FAQ: When a card targets both a monster and a Spell/Trap Card, can you activate "Carrierroid"'s effect?
- Konami FAQ: When activating "Icarus Attack", can the same activated "Icarus Attack" be selected?
- Konami FAQ: Can a face-down Winged Beast-Type monster be Tributed as an activation cost for "Icarus Attack"?
- Konami FAQ: If one of the targeted cards is no longer face-up on the field when resolving the effect of "Icarus Attack", then is the remaining card still destroyed?
- Konami FAQ: If "Junk Collector" removes from play a Trap Card with "an effect which targets", then when do you select the targets?
- Konami FAQ: Can you Chain "Guard Mines" to "Icarus Attack" if it targets a monster and a Spell or Trap Card?
- Konami Judge Program Forum: Individual Email Rulings VS Individual Card Rulings
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [A-C]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [D-E]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [F-H]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [I-K]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [L-O]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [P-R]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [S-T]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [U-Z]
- UDE FAQ: SPECIFIC CARDS RULINGS