Forum:Request for a bot flag (DeltaneosBot)
|Forums:||Index → Yu-Gi-Oh! Wiki Community Discussion → Request for a bot flag (DeltaneosBot)||Post|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signatures and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
Much like with Dinobot1000, I would be using AutoWikiBrowser (AWB) to do repetitive tasks.
So far I've used AWB to:
- Update the names of cards on most articles that mention it, after their name is changed in their English or most recent video game release. For example when "Bad End Queen Dragon" got renamed "Dragon Queen of Tragic Endings". Changing all articles that call it by its first name can take a very long time. With AWB it can be done much faster. You can see an example me of me doing this here.
- Add video game sets to card articles. Example.
- Correct repeated typos. Example.
I'd also like to use it to update the navboxes at the end of episode articles and at the same time remove the categories that are duplicates of the ones now being automatically added by the infobox. I've started this, but not on a massive amount of pages.
I can do all of these tasks through my main account, but since they can make hundreds of edits in just a few minutes, they tend to flood the Recent changes. If I used an account with a bot flag, they wouldn't show up by default.
The disadvantage is I'd be making edits that people are not aware of. I don't intend to anything too controversial or secretive with it. I'll try to keep a list of tasks on its user page. You'll also be able to check its contributions to see what it's doing. And you can click "show bots" on the recent changes to see edits made by all bot accounts.
Of course, I'll still be using my main account for non-repetitive tasks.
Could people please say below if they are in favour or against? If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them too.
- Cheesedude 00:12, June 6, 2010 (UTC)
- YamiWheeler 00:13, June 6, 2010 (UTC)
- DemonGodAsura 00:14, June 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Falzar FZ 00:26, June 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Blue-Eyes White Kid 02:06, June 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Dinoguy1000 02:06, June 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Blackwings0605 03:41, June 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Hide Head Turtle 07:54, June 6, 2010 (UTC)
- SilentHero26 09:14, June 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Darth Covah 15:38, June 6, 2010 (UTC)
- OmegaVehicroids Engines are Started 16:21, June 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Thorn of RosenYubel 17:35, June 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Montechristo95 17:51, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
- PoirotH 18:01, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
- Trivi-AM 18:05, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
- 220.127.116.11 02:08, June 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Could I ask why you are opposing? If there's a problem, please let me know and I'll see what I can do. If you'd rather I don't get this regardless, you may post your reasons as these decisions tends to be based on the reasons given on the page. -- Deltaneos (talk) 03:08, June 6, 2010 (UTC)
- On the topic of flooding the Recent Changes page. Shouldn't someone stop the flood in the Recent changes between GrouchMan and FredCat100? Both need time out. Falzar FZ 01:31, June 6, 2010 (UTC)
- I'll try talking to FredCat100 about this.--Hide Head Turtle 07:54, June 6, 2010 (UTC)
- I'd appreciate there being a second AWB-bot about; it would make me feel less guilty about how irregularly I run Dinobot. =) 「ダイノガイ千？！」? · Talk⇒Dinoguy1000 02:08, June 6, 2010 (UTC)
Wait whats a bot flag lol? Fallensilence 09:42, June 15, 2010 (UTC)Fallensilence