Card Rulings:Dragon Capture Jar
- Normally, for Normal Trap Cards and Counter Trap Cards, after they are activated and resolve they are destroyed and sent to the Graveyard. Continuous Trap Cards with the "Continuous" icon and Trap Cards like "Metalmorph" and "Blast with Chain" which equip themselves to monsters remain face-up on the field after activation.
- Effects of Continuous Trap Cards only apply as long as the Continuous Trap Cards remain face-up on the field. If "Dust Tornado" or "Mystical Space Typhoon" is chained to "Dragon Capture Jar" so that "Dragon Capture Jar" is not on the field when its effect is resolving, then do not apply its effect and do not shift all Dragon-Type monsters to Defense Position.
- While "Dragon Capture Jar" is active, "Curse of Fiend" can still be activated. Dragon-Type monsters will shift to Attack Position, but the effect of "Dragon Capture Jar" will immediately shift them back to Defense Position.
Previously Official Rulings
These TCG rulings were issued by Upper Deck Entertainment and have since been declared unofficial by Konami. They were previously considered official and can still be correct, as long as they follow the official gameplay rules, or unless Konami has issued a ruling that says otherwise. References: 
- Konami FAQ: [Basic Rules] When activating a Trap Card, does that Trap Card remain on the field?
- Konami FAQ: When "Mystical Space Tyhpoon" is chained to "Dragon Capture Jar", are the Dragon-Type monsters shifted to Defense Position?
- Konami FAQ: After "Dragon Capture Jar" was activated, can "Curse of Fiend" be activated?
- UDE FAQ: SPECIFIC CARDS RULINGS
- Konami Judge Program Forum: Individual Email Rulings VS Individual Card Rulings
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [A-C]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [D-E]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [F-H]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [I-K]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [L-O]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [P-R]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [S-T]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [U-Z]