Yami Yugi (Nightmare Troubadour)
The player first meets Yami Yugi when running into Yugi when the sun sets after dueling him at least once. He will warn the player to be careful at night, as many evil duelists come out at night and engage in Shadow Games against unsuspecting people, and will repeat his warning after the player's first Shadow Game against Dox. Until the Beginner Cup ends, Yami Yugi will only appear in the first map and only after sunset.
When the Beginner Cup's prize is stolen, Yami Yugi and Joey help the player find the thief and recover the prize. Once the Expert Cup begins, Yami Yugi can be chiefly found in the second map at any time of the day.
After the Expert Cup ends, Ishizu Ishtar gives the player one of her two Egyptian God Cards depending on how they answer her question, while the other card is given to Yami Yugi. He expects both of them to be the target of thieves more frequently, which is proven correct as Marik's Rare Hunters will begin intercepting them at night.
- Yami Yugi uses this Deck at the beginning of the game.
- Yami Yugi switches to this Deck after the Beginner Cup.
- Yami Yugi first uses this Deck for the Expert Cup Finals, and continues using it for the rest of the game.
- Yami Yugi can use this Deck if he has "Obelisk the Tormentor".
|Crush of Glory|
- Yami Yugi can use this Deck if he has "Slifer the Sky Dragon".
- Yami Yugi can use this Deck, as well as his previous ones, after the player beats the game.