Card Rulings:Dark Hole
Mentions in Other Rulings
- Morphtronic Forcefield: You can chain “Morphtronic Forcefield” to effects that do not target, like “Dark Hole”.
- Trap Monster: While active, a Trap Monster can be destroyed by effects that affect Monsters and/or Spells/Traps. (You can use either Dark Hole or Heavy Storm to destroy them.)
Judge Program Forum Rulings
These Ruling(s) have not been confirmed as applicable to the TCG.[Notes 1]
- You cannot activate a card if it would do nothing. For example, you cannot activate "Dark Hole" if there are no monsters on the field.
- If multiple cards are sent to the Graveyard simultaneously, then the player can choose the order in which those cards are placed in the Graveyard. If "Dark Hole"/"Painful Choice"/etc send multiple cards to the Graveyard, then after you sent the cards to the Graveyard, "Dark Hole" is sent to the Graveyard last.
Mentions in Other Rulings
- Acid Trap Hole: A Flip Effect Monster flipped by "Acid Trap Hole" has its Flip Effect activate after the current Chain resolves. If "Acid Trap Hole" is Chained to "Dark Hole" and flips "Cyber Jar", then the effect of "Cyber Jar" activates after "Dark Hole" resolves.
- Banisher of the Light: If "Banisher of the Light"/"Banisher of the Radiance"/etc and other monsters are destroyed simultaneously by "Dark Hole", then all destroyed monsters and "Dark Hole" are sent to the Graveyard.
- Crystal Beast: If a face-down "Crystal Beast Ruby Carbuncle" etc is destroyed by "Dark Hole"/"Torrential Tribute"/etc, then it cannot be placed in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card.
- Exodia the Forbidden One: Suppose that two copies of "Sangan" are destroyed simultaneously by "Dark Hole" while both players have four pieces of "Exodia the Forbidden One" in their hands. Both cards' effects activate and form a Chain, with the opponent's "Sangan" as Chain Link 2. Resolving backwards, the opponent adds a piece of "Exodia the Forbidden One" to his hand, causing him to win the Duel.
- Sangan: If each player has a "Sangan" sent to the Graveyard simultaneously by "Dark Hole" etc, the two form a Chain and you resolve backwards. The Turn Player's "Sangan" is Chain Link 1, and the opponent's is Chain Link 2. If each player has four pieces of "Exodia" in his hand, then Chain Link 2 resolves first and the opponent is declared the winner before Chain Link 1 resolves.
- The Six Samurai: When all "Six Samurai" monsters (and "Great Shogun Shien") would be destroyed simultaneously by "Torrential Tribute"/"Dark Hole"/etc, you cannot use the substitution effect to destroy another "Six Samurai" monster.
Previously Official Rulings
These TCG rulings were issued by Upper Deck Entertainment and have since been declared unofficial by Konami. They were previously considered official and can still be correct, as long as they follow the official gameplay rules, or unless Konami has issued a ruling that says otherwise. References: 
- Konami Judge Program Rulings are considered unverified, as their source(s) are not publicly viewable. They are not confirmed as applicable to the TCG until they have been officially published by Konami.
- Konami Judge Program Forum: DARK HOLE vs. GRANDMASTER - KIZAN -YAICHI!!!!
- Konami Judge Program Forum: Scrap Dragon taken by oponnent and destroyed by his card
- Konami Judge Program Forum: starlight road v heavy/torrential/dark hole+
- Konami FAQ: [Basic Rules] Can you activate a Spell/Trap Card if you cannot apply its effect?
- Konami FAQ: When there is no valid target, is it possible to activate "Hammer Shot"?
- Konami FAQ: When multiple cards are sent to the Graveyard simultaneously, can you choose the order in which they are placed in the Graveyard?
- Konami FAQ: If "Acid Trap Hole" is Chained to "Dark Hole" and targets and flips "Cyber Jar", how does it resolve?
- Konami FAQ: Is a monster destroyed by "Dark Hole" removed from play by "Banisher of the Light"?
- Konami FAQ: When a face-down "Crystal Beast Ruby Carbuncle" is destroyed, can it be placed in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card?
- Konami OCG FAQ: Who wins the Duel if both players use the effect of "Sangan" to complete "Exodia the Forbidden One"?
- Konami FAQ: If both players' "Sangan"s activate simultaneously and both complete "Exodia the Forbidden One", who is the winner?
- Konami FAQ: When you control multiple "Six Samurai" monsters and "Torrential Tribute" etc destroys all of them, can the substitution effect be applied?
- UDE FAQ: SPECIFIC CARDS RULINGS
- Konami Judge Program Forum: Individual Email Rulings VS Individual Card Rulings
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [A-C]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [D-E]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [F-H]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [I-K]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [L-O]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [P-R]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [S-T]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [U-Z]