|This page is mainly kept for historical/archival purposes.
- 1 Season 0 Episodes
- 2 Reborn-Ribbon page needs to be taken down
- 3 Anime/manga characters' deck suggestion
- 4 Mass Vandalism
- 5 Deck Doctor
- 6 Collecting Lore
- 7 Suggestion in Tips Section
- 8 Card Names
- 9 what with this layout
- 10 Your new post
- 11 English Lore
- 12 Licensing
- 13 Suggestion for card home pages
- 14 List Update
- 15 Duplicate Files Deletion
- 16 Coding Problem for the Booster Pack Dropdown Menu
- 17 Arrange Booster/Promo Set that a card comes from according to release date
- 18 Gandora - Rulings
- 19 Inconsistency in general card structure page: language
- 20 Anime/Manga: Material of cards
- 21 Unknown Duel Monster
- 22 Tips Page Conversion
- 23 Semantic MediaWiki nerf
- 24 Adding the Deck Template to the Editing Tips?
- 25 Filling more articles for Booster Packs for the "Yu-Gi-Oh! Online" game.
- 26 Voice Actor Profiles
- 27 Further Results pages?
- 28 DECK HELP
- 29 Confused on this QUESTION
- 30 Do in the Rulings section when TCG isn't mentioned the OCG ruling can be applied?
- 31 Destroyed by battle/effect card search category
- 32 Card Galleries
- 33 Reporting a Vandal?
- 34 Big time question
- 35 Japanese vs. 4Kids dub character names
- 36 Help Please!!!
- 37 Help With MiniModding
- 38 Spirit Ryu
- 39 How do I edit ArchetypeNavboxes?
- 40 horrific add
- 41 Something I'm working on: Rondeval and Vaxi Island
- 42 New Suggestion
- 43 machina fortress rulings
- 44 Regenals
- 45 Info?
- 46 Searching the Deck Ruling Change?
- 47 Konami contact?
- 48 Game Boy Card Pictures
- 49 Uploading error
- 50 i need help
- 51 I want everybodies take
- 52 Anime Giveaway
- 53 Doctor is in
- 54 "Further results" problem
- 55 historic chart is wrong in march 2011
- 56 Burning Land - ruling
- 57 Photos in all the sections
- 58 Suggestion for the site: More specific Card Rulings and Versatile Tips.
- 59 A page for anther Archetype
- 60 cyber angel benten, dakani, idaten - no card numbers
- 61 Problems with several pages? Just me?
- 62 Carddas cards
Season 0 Episodes
Many Episodes from Season 0 have nothing but a picture on the page. In my spare time I will try to help create episde summaries, yet it is quite a task. I think I may have found a site with all of the episodes, if anyone would like to help just contact me at my discussion page and I would give you a link and I will greatly appreciate it.--GritS 00:31, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
Reborn-Ribbon page needs to be taken down
The wiki page on Reborn-Ribbon needs to be removed as the card already has a page titled Reborn Ribbon (no hyphen). The Reborn-Ribbon page also designates the card as unreleased when Reborn Ribbon was released with the Light of Destruction booster pack set.
Anime/manga characters' deck suggestion
- I think that in order to aid the intent of the anime/manga character's deck sections, that they should be placed in order of appearance instead of mere alphabetical order. It would be easier that way to get an idea of their game development at a glance. I would be willing to handle doing this myself if the idea were approved. Danny Lilithborne 07:42, 29 March 2008 (UTC)
I've noticed recently that there are mass vandalisms happening in this Wikia. One solution I proposed is to protect all the important pages indefinitely. Pages like about the booster packs that are released like Light of Destruction, Phantom Darkness, etc., the character pages from the past anime like Yugi Moto, Joey Wheeler, etc. should be protected. If there are changes that would be implemented, that should be minor and can be placed in the talk pages. If that would be implemented, then there would be less problems.Dark Pride 09:10, 15 May 2008 (UTC)
- They were two specific vandals, they got their IPs blocked and can no longer edit. While I would support the protection idea, this is a Wiki and its designed so everyone can edit. --Dragon Slayer (Contribs • Count) 18:56, 16 May 2008 (UTC)
I think we should have a deck doctor on this site. A place were we can post our decks and some people can make suggestions. As well as an official Deck Doctor that can give some tip as well. It might help because all the sites I find that have a Doctor are no logger active.Yu-Talk
- We have the Forum:Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Help which is very popular. --Dragon Slayer (Contribs • Count) 03:48, 16 May 2008 (UTC)
Not to mention www.yugioh-deck.com. Of course the posters there are pretty opinionated, so it's not always easy to get a fair, genuine critique. - Dex Antares.
www.yugioh-deck.com is not a very useful site anymore since it hasn't been updated since 2007, and it experiences many crashes.GritS 16:46, 5 August 2009 (UTC)
I agree we need a deck doc to call our own. Archifend King 11-23-10
So who is stepping up to the plate? Ozymandias Flame ~ 11/23
I might do it ,but i'm not much of an expert Archfiend King 12-2-2010
I'll do it - Levski 1-6-11
Too late I called it! :) Archfiend King
- People, we have Forum:Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Help which is a group of deck doctors.
- If you want to help, just try joining them. Metal Nerc (talk • contribs) 16:53, December 2, 2011 (UTC)
Are we also collecting lore for the different languages or is it only English and Japanese lore we're adding to cards? Gabriel 21:08, 29 May 2008 (UTC)
- English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Japanese and the odd Chinese. Haven't decided on unofficial languages. -- Deltaneos 21:13, 29 May 2008 (UTC)
- Official Lores on Card Pages, Unofficial Card Lores to go in Card Lores:<card>.--TwoTailedFox (My Talk Page) 21:19, 29 May 2008 (UTC)
- Then how would one go about adding say, a french lore to a card?
- add |lore_fr = whatever under the English one. -- Deltaneos 21:39, 29 May 2008 (UTC)
- Then how would one go about adding say, a french lore to a card?
Suggestion in Tips Section
I'd like to ask to the administrators and editors to consider one idea: Almost all monsters'TIPS have this: this card can be searched by Sangan, witch of black forest , Shining Angel, etc.
I really dont consider this a tip, those monsters clearly states they can summon other monsters depending on their ATK or/and DEF.It's redundant and unnecessary the continuation of this, does every single monster in YUGIOH (past, present and future)must really have that in their Tips ?
If people keep posting something like this, it just kills the real idea of strategy and tips.You click on the tips link of a 0 ATK monster and you just see: "can be searched by sangan".Redundant! Please consider this idea and inform users to stop writing that information like that.
- I think that's for the new players, who might not know about some searches they can use for certain cards. Sangan is a very commonly used card; obviously a lot of people know about it. True, redundant. But some new players don't know about Sangan, and for them the tip might be more valuable. This is more true for less widely used searches, like Warrior Lady of the Wasteland for Warrior searches and so on. Plus, it's not necessarily harmful to anyone to be able to know at the bottom of, say, Botanical Girl's page that it's searchable by Mother Grizzly, or that Dandylion is searchable by Botanical Girl. (I don't think either card's page actually says this though...)
- Actually, some cards can't be searched because they can't be special summoned except by tributing certain monsters/effects, or can't be special summoned at all. (My deck has three of these cards, R. Eyes Darkness D., Dark Eradicator Warlock, and vanity's ruler.) It does become a redundant statement, but logic is redundand sometimes.
- When I first found this site, I did look on the tips for summoning posibilities of monsters, for example I wanted to know if cards like Octoberser were any good, and the summoning tips told me they could be summoned by Chaos-End Master. Also, if I had one particular card I liked, I could look at the variety of summoning tips to see how I could use it. I do empathize with the fact that it " ...kills the real idea of strategy and tips." but it's a start to inspire other possible strategies and tips (especially since not all cards will have the same summoning tips as the next) and it's better than nothing!
On the front page, it says that you're looking for danish card names. Well. You already have them, in Denmark, we use the English cards, and therefore we also use the English cardnames =P So i guess the whole "looking for danish cardnames" is rather pointless and could be removed. Just wanted to inform you guys here. cheers. Gabriel 23:58, 19 July 2008 (UTC)
- "Native Danish Translations". Same applies to every other language listed.--TwoTailedFox (My Talk Page) 00:30, 20 July 2008 (UTC)
what with this layout
This layout is not working. I now see the card itself not the whole article.
Your new post
I think this is a great wikia and the layout is awesome but whoever posted the message above me doesn't think so. Anyway thanks for making this wikia. Airblade86 23:20, 3 August 2008 (UTC)
Why does all the English Lore have: "Lore::" at the start?
I think we need to add an appropriate license to the images. Something that generalized copyrighted media should work. I have a bot if necessary, but this is something we need to do. 06:06, 31 January 2009 (UTC)
Suggestion for card home pages
The card home pages (the page that shows card level, stats, lore, etc.) should also list another thing; rarity. I'm sure no one likes trying to tell what rarity the card is from the scan, or searching the web.
morphtronics are better yeah thats rigth i said it send me your deck and ill send u mine and we will see whose deck is better
- That information is already available. For example: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Magician
Legend of Blue Eyes White Dragon (LOB-EN005 - UR) The information regarding what rarity it comes in is listed after the set name and number. -- HeartofSword 12:18, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
Crimson Crisis should be moved from TCG Unreleased to Current.
Duplicate Files Deletion
I've gone over the SDK 1st Edition page and have updated a lot of the file names as well as the table look to match the other set pages. Please remove the duplicate files. The three file names that were left unchanged are the following: Blue-EyesWhiteDragonSDK-NA-UR-1E.jpg, Hitotsu-MeGiantSDK-NA-C-1E.jpg, and LaJinntheMysticalGenieoftheLampSDK-NA-C-1E.jpg. The rest have duplicate files as I couldn't figure out how to just rename them. I'll be going through all the pages in the near future for consistency and if there is indeed a way to change file names, please let me know!
Coding Problem for the Booster Pack Dropdown Menu
From this page: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Limited_Edition_Pack_1
If I click on the link "Premium Pack 2", I will get directed to the intro page for Premium Packs instead of going straight to the page with exact information on Premium Pack 2. http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Premium_Packs#Premium_Pack_2
It is only on this new page that I get to click a link "Premium Pack 2: Dark Ceremony" to access the correct page I want to go to. -- HeartofSword 12:23, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
Arrange Booster/Promo Set that a card comes from according to release date
Currently the information for the booster/promo set that a card comes from is arranged according to alphabetical order. Example: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Magician
I think it would be much better if it were arranged according to release date instead, so that users can know which version of the card came first, especially for collectors. -- HeartofSword 12:30, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
- That's not necessary at all whatsoever; all one has to do is click the link and look at the release date, nothing complicated. Citrus` 04:23, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
Gandora - Rulings
I use this site all the time, but have never left a comment. Just got a question about a ruling that doesn't seem to be posted up, and wasn't sure where to put it:
Gandora the Dragon of Destruction, has the effect that in the end phase of the turn it's been summoned, it is sent to the graveyard. The rulings of said card don't expand on this, and I am thinking of using the card in my RFG Macro Deck. I was just wondering though, what happens when you get Macro on the field, or Dimmensional Fissure more likely after Gandora nukes, and end the turn? Does Gandora stay there, due to the effect being a cost, or does it go to the grave regardless, or just get removed from play trying? An expansion on the rules here would be excellent.
Thanks if you can help, and please point me in the right direction if this is in the wrong place :)
Dragonisfire - Unregistered User
- The part that sends Gandora to the graveyard is not a cost but an effect (cost syntax are always like this: [Do X]./to[Do Y].) In your case, Gandora will be simply removed from play instead of sent to the graveyard. Klashikari 10:03, 21 May 2009 (UTC)
Inconsistency in general card structure page: language
I'm not sure if this subject was already debated before, but I wonder why there are some cards having random "lore" in different languages while others don't. I mean, I see that trend with portugese (italian or others) card description, which is arguably irrelevant. The site was intended to be english, while the japanese original card description/effect might be relevant to notice card errata or the like.
As far as I'm concerned, I believe it is cluttering meaninglessly some pages and it would raise more problems then anything (like: "why the hell is there a portugese description, but not <insert random language here> translation?! unfair!").
That said, names of the cards in different languages add some flavor that aren't that intrusive (though I also question the unofficial translations of cards in vietnamese, etc). Klashikari 10:03, 21 May 2009 (UTC)
- I don't think having more content from one language than another is an issue in major need of attention. Content bias happens on all wikis. Like here we have more TCG info than manga info, because there are more TCG fans than manga fans using this site. Wikipedia has more American-related content because most of its editors are American. The Finnish Wikipedia, I would imagine, has more Finland-related content.
- I don't like the clutter the multitude of languages is causing either. Other language sets and official names are important. But things like names in languages, which have nothing to do with Yu-Gi-Oh! and Card Names and Card Lores pages, which were added specifically to document information related to unofficial translations is quite over-the-top.
- Lores in other languages is just for ease of read for people whose first language isn't English. What's really needed in that case is a wiki in that language. It would be nice to see some successful ones at Wikia. The only other successful ones I know of are a German one and a Japanese one, neither of which are at Wikia. -- Deltaneos (talk) 15:02, 30 May 2009 (UTC)
Anime/Manga: Material of cards
I've been thinking about the material of the cards. Sometimes it seems like it's plastic, sometimes cardboard (like when Kaiba tears Grandpa's(?) Blue-Eyes), or even metal (Kaiba throws Blue-Eyes at a nameless Ghoul). I'd like to hear your opinions about this. 126.96.36.199-
- Good question. In the original manga, they are meant to be paper. The same goes in the anime (take note at Rafael's damaged cards). I personally think they are plastic because of how they shine, and how durable they are (like you mentioned before). They can also be bent, and soaked in water (like Bandit Keith's cards), but we'll never have a true explanation for that. SlashMan 04:21, 18 July 2009 (UTC)
Unknown Duel Monster
Hi, after looking at the page for S H U F F L E, I noticed all but one monster was listed. I would fix that, but I don't even recognize the monster. Here's a picture. http://i31.tinypic.com/8xovnm.jpg Can you help me out? Thanks. 188.8.131.52 18:54, 26 July 2009 (UTC)
Tips Page Conversion
I think it would be a good idea to start converting the cards' Tips page into discussion pages for the card themselves. I'm almost certain that if we were to open up discussion on the cards, more helpful and relevant information can be generated. What's more, a discussion is active, so it would engage the readers and encourage them to put forth their own opinions. Converting Tips pages into discussions would be a massive improvement from the garbage that plague Tips pages right now.
Disclaimer: I don't intend to bash the information in Tips pages, but it's just that the information that's there is almost always something blatantly obvious that's completely useless to the reader, unless said reader had absolutely no knowledge of the game whatsoever, in which case said reader is probably better off receiving actual guidance from an educated player, rather than unthoughtful and pointless Tips page.
Citrus` 07:22, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
The point is, as an objective reference, this site shouldn't be offering subjective and (often) irrelevant "tips." --Citrus` 22:51, 4 August 2009 (UTC)
I agree with Bluedog187. I do find that some of the tips are not helpful to ME, but I don't delete them. I do delete tips that are redundant with something already said, or if they're poorly worded, I fix those tips. P.S. I don't think that yugioh wikia should be treated strictly as an encyclopedia. There is a lot of knowledge (combos, when to activate effects, how to read certain plays and deck strategies) that isn't on yugioh wikia, but is available on forums like Pojo and TCGplayer. I believe that turning every Tip page into a discussion style page would result in quite a few sentences that would not be helpful to someone looking to use a card in a new or different way. The way I see it, if you discover something useful about a card, put it in the tips section for that card. If you find something wrong with a tip, don't delete it immediately. Read it over and try to figure it out. Most of the tips that I've edited from other people mostly have grammatical problems or sentence structure issues, and the main idea was something new. Zeroblizzard 17:51, 25 August 2009 (UTC)Zeroblizzard
Semantic MediaWiki nerf
Dear Yu-Gi-Oh! Community,
due to the fact that Semantic MediaWiki (SMW) queries on yugioh are taking a heavy toll on our DBs, we'd like to introduce two changes to limit the heavy queries from hitting the database so hard, which will mean a faster service for all and the elimination of the occasional white page appearing after a page is saved.
These changes should not impact the availability of SMW on the site, but might require some slight modifications to a select few SMW queries.
The description of the changes that follows is deeply technical and you shouldn't worry if you do not understand some or any of it. However, the co-oparation of more tech-saavy users would make this transition easier.
First, I am going set
$smwgQMaxDepth to their default values (12 and 4 respectively). This will be done when we complete the next step, which is...
'Use concepts for harder queries as defined here http://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Concepts I will gladly help in the transition process, if you point me to the heaviest queries on the site (i.e. most fields in the query). I want to start using concepts for the heavier queries as they cache better ( vide http://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Concept_caching ). Please note that Concepts will retain the elevated MaxSize and MaxDepth settings.
Hopefully, these two changes will be enough to combat the performance problems. Ideally, I'd like to finish this up within a week from now.
How you can help: please throw links to the most heavy SMW queries you can find. A heavy query is generally one that has a lot of different properties in it -- the rendering part is not so important.
Grab me on IRC or Skype (better) or post here (best) if you want to discuss anything or have questions.
Cheers, TOR<staff /> 18:23, September 10, 2009 (UTC)
- I'd like to set a tentative deadline for both steps described above to a week from now, 22.09. --TOR<staff /> 13:44, September 15, 2009 (UTC)
- Okay from what I can find, most
#asks have no more than 3 items in the query. From using
|format=debugtheir Query-Size is 5ish at most.
- The longer ones and their Query-Sizes are as follows:
- Crush Card Virus: Eligible Cards - 9
- Pyramid Turtle: Searchable Cards - 10
- Mystic Tomato: Searchable Cards - 7
- Last Will: Searchable Cards - 8
- Template:ArchetypeNavbox - 13 queries sized between 6 and 9. This is transcluded onto a lot of pages.
- Template:ArchetypeSupbox and Template:ArchetypeRelbox - Same as above. Not sure why they even are seperate templates from ArchetypeNavbox.
- 'Didn't notice the dept going any larger than 1 on any pages.
- Unless any of the above examples are significant, I haven't found any pages that exceed either of the limits.
- I started a couple of concept pages, but none so far tackle any massive queries. -- Deltaneos (talk) 20:57, September 15, 2009 (UTC)
- Great stuff, Deltaneos! I'll help out with the concepts tomorrow and set up the cache refreshing script, seems like we're on the right track here. --TOR<staff /> 22:24, September 15, 2009 (UTC)
- I've re-done the above as concepts. Also, I've switched the vars to their default values -- that's probably the only way to find *all* of the heavy stuff, if there happen to be any leftovers. In the event you spot a page with an SMW error, re-do it using concepts or list it here so me or one of your helpful admins can take care of it. ;) There shouldn't be many errors like that. --15:07, September 16, 2009 (UTC)
- Great stuff, Deltaneos! I'll help out with the concepts tomorrow and set up the cache refreshing script, seems like we're on the right track here. --TOR<staff /> 22:24, September 15, 2009 (UTC)
- Okay from what I can find, most
Adding the Deck Template to the Editing Tips?
Have you folks ever considered adding the Deck Template to the Editing Tips at the left of every editing page? I'm sure it would encourage more people to use the template when they post their decks - AND it would certainly be more convenient.
You'd have to scale it back to maybe one example in each category (i.e. one monster, one spell, one trap), of course. Give it a thought?
Kungfu-mama 15:00, September 28, 2009 (UTC)
Filling more articles for Booster Packs for the "Yu-Gi-Oh! Online" game.
I noticed that the online game has about 48 packs as of right now.There are some articles that cover some packs but the rest are empty.So I searched around the web to find out the rest of the cards in those packs and luckily I did found a website called DuelCity.com.I'm going to try to use that site as a way to fill the empty articles for the rest of the Booster Packs.If somebody objects or finds an error,then let me know. Or better yet someone could help out by filling some articles.
Voice Actor Profiles
Hello there. I'm a bit of a voice acting nut and I think maybe that we could have a profile for each seiyu and the 4Kids voice actors (similar to Bulbapedia). I'd be willing to contribute for the 4kids voice actor pages (Eric Stuart, John Campbell, Dan Green, Ed Paul)if this idea is approved. 184.108.40.206 15:18, October 11, 2009 (UTC)
- The voice actors have nothing to do with Yu-Gi-Oh! though. Well, let me rephrase that. The voice actors are of no significance to Yu-Gi-Oh!. DemonGodAsura 08:12, November 14, 2009 (UTC)
Further Results pages?
When I used to go onto say the Fiend page and click on members it would show me all of the Fiend Type monsters and then because there were more than 20 I clicked 'Further Results...' at the bottom and it showed me all of them up to 500 entries on a page. Now it only shows 24 for all Dark TCG monsters and only 6 for all TCG Fiend Monsters. Anyone know the cause of the problem?
Hello my name is Ryan and I am a fairly good duelist.I have been dueling since the beginning and I am offering some help if anyone needs help with there decks.wether it's giving advice, giving ideas, or just making comments to improve your game im willing to help. my email is [email protected] email me if you need anything at all
Confused on this QUESTION
- No Freed cannot summon Pitch-Black Warwolf because the Monster Types of Warrior and Beast-Warrior are treated as being totally different Types entirely.
- Sign your posts with four Tildes please! (a tilde looks like this: ~ so you need to write ~~~~.) Clorth 16:04, March 19, 2010 (UTC)
Do in the Rulings section when TCG isn't mentioned the OCG ruling can be applied?
Like Colossal Fighter [] where according to OCG it can revive itself, but there's no statements about TCG. Does that mean I can safely use that effect that way?
Also, is Battle Tuned effect permanent?
yes & yes
Destroyed by battle/effect card search category
Are there currently card search categories for cards that have effects when destroyed by battle or effect (Mystic Tomato or Black Ptera)? Or, is there anywhere that I can view all card search categories? Effervex 02:43, April 6, 2010 (UTC)
The new card galleries where a little popup comes up of the picture when you click on it instead of a fullsize image like before is terrible. If you try and save that popup image it comes out blank. You should reverse this change, it was much more useful and usable before. InfernityRevenger 14:56, April 15, 2010 (UTC)
Watching followed pages how do i watch all my followed pages? when i click on "show all" an "index" file download
Reporting a Vandal?
I only edit here part-time, and I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I'd like to report a vandal. User:VeggieFan2000 only started editing a few days ago, but all of his edits are vandalism centered around Yu-Gi-Oh The Abridged Series, includeing it's template page, and the transcript to The Abridged Movie Trailer transcript. Again, I'm not sure if this is the right place, but hopefully someone can do something before his vandalism increases. --Spencerz 16:40, June 19, 2010 (UTC)
- I've blocked him for a day; if he comes back and starts up again, it would probably be good to ask Deltaneos to take care of him. 「ダイノガイ千？！」? · Talk⇒Dinoguy1000 00:48, June 20, 2010 (UTC)
Big time question
I'm not asking for a list, but I'm just wondering how many cards there are in total as of now. Can somebody please answer? —This unsigned comment was made by Mar1 (talk • contribs) 05:23, July 10, 2010
- That depends on how you count - if you mean how many different cards there are, Category:Duel Monsters cards currently lists 5187 pages, though it includes manga-, anime-, and video game-only cards. If you're wondering instead how many versions there are, the best answer is "gobs" - at the top level, you have about eight different language/region versions of the card game, and then you have cards which have been released in multiple sets (and, in a few rare instances, multiple times in the same set), and then cards which have been released with multiple rarities in the same set. If you differentiate between unlimited and 1st edition, the total number increases by at least a third and probably comes much closer to doubling. And throw in rereleases which e.g. changed "Magic" to "Spell", that drives the total up even further. All told, I would say 20,000+ would be a rather conservative estimate.
- There may be someone else around here, though, who has a more accurate count - I would recommend you ask on the forums which get far more traffic than this page. 「ダイノガイ千？！」? · Talk⇒Dinoguy1000 16:34, July 10, 2010 (UTC)
Japanese vs. 4Kids dub character names
Considering that the characters' names aren't changed in the English manga, I was wondering if there is a reason why this wiki uses the names from the 4Kids dub. I would assume that the English manga or Japanese anime would be a better source, so I would like to get some feedback on this. After all, the 4Kids dub is hardly official. DevonS (talk • contribs) 23:11, July 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Regardless of your (or anyone else's) feelings on the matter, 4Kids' dub is most certainly official (they paid the licensing fees to adapt and release it, so they can do whatever they want with it as long as the original owners don't complain). I can't comment on why we're using the dub names instead of those from the manga, though; I've stayed away from character naming issues. 「ダイノガイ千？！」? · Talk⇒Dinoguy1000 23:55, July 27, 2010 (UTC)
Exactly, the dub is official, regardless of issues of accuracy. I would personally prefer to use the original Japanese names, however, there are valid reasons to use the dub names. First, a far larger portion of the English-speaking audience have watched the anime than have read the manga. Therefore, the dub names are far more well recognized. Second, the English video games also use the dub names, so its not as if the names are restricted to one aspect of the franchise. Thirdly, the GX manga also uses the dub names. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 00:36, July 28, 2010 (UTC)
Copied from Project talk:Administrators...
- I've recently joined this wiki and learned that the decision to change the names of every character on this wiki to their 4Kids dub counterparts was made in 2007. The reason I'm concerned about this is because on other wikis regarding anime whose character names were changed in the English dub, the original Japanese names are used.
I say this because the 4Kids dub is the only media that uses these names, whereas the English manga uses romanized versions of the original Japanese names.
- I propose that we change this back, and I assume several people agree. I may be new to this particular wiki, but I have experience editing. For some reason, I'm a featured user on the McLeodGaming Wiki, probably due to my good edits, but where do I get off bragging?
- DevonS (talk • contribs) 23:24, July 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Unlike other anime wikis this one is moreso a card game wiki. Our most visited pages are always the most recent Booster Packs. There are a few anime pages on that list, but the majority are clearly card game topics. The majority of English speakers who play the card game are more familiar with the English version names than names like "Cemetery", "Reverse Summon", "Declaration of God", "Pitfall of Hades" etc. Which is why English version names are used.
- As for English anime v English manga names. The manga may be the original, but the NAS anime is more mainsteam. Video games, merchandise and even the card game use the names from the anime the majority of the time.
- However pages relating to the manga still use manga names, such as Katsuya Jonouchi in the manga and chapters. Pages relating to the first series anime also use Japanese names, since that series has no English counterpart.
- And naming is one thing, events are another. e.g. Saying Pegasus' goons had guns gets priority over saying they just pointed their fingers. Although the change should still be noted.
- -- Deltaneos (talk) 01:07, July 28, 2010 (UTC)
We could just put the english names and japanese names like for this card Solemn Judgment known as Declaration of God in japan........
Dear fellow Wikia members,
I currently run a zombie deck and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do this? But may someone give me a good trump card to my zombie world deck? Email me @ [email protected] If I'm not allowed to do this, please take down this page.
What is this trump card of which you speak? Archfiend King
Help With MiniModding
User:Ninjasheik indiscriminantly reverts nearly all edits and attempts to contribute to these pages with the exception of those made by one main contributor. No reason is ever given for these non-vandalism reverts, and large tracts of articles are simply deleted without any attempts to make corrections or changes.
The Placido article is a stub and has many unfinished sections. Any attempts to address these unfinished sections has been subject to deletion.
In the new erata Spirit Ryu's effect has changed does this mean only one dragon can be discarded per battle stage or can you discard more then one?
Here's the answer to that question: You can discard more than one dragon with Spirit Ryu's effect. The ATK increase will depend on the number of dragons you discard from your hand.
Trying to add all the spanking new True Six Samurai to their page, but no clue how to update/edit/Interact with the Archetype Navbox. Tried looking through the Help pages, but none of them led me to HOW to edit the Box, they just told me what they where. Just wanted to learn how to change those.
- You don't edit the navbox itself, you edit the corresponding card articles and add a certain parameter to the card infobox there. In this case, it would be |archetype1 = Six Samurai |archetype2 = True Six Samurai on separate lines. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 05:36, October 22, 2010 (UTC)
Well, they seem to have said code in them, but they still dont appear on the True Six's navbox. Only Kizan does.
The "Reign Of Blood" advertisement is a disgrace and should be removed. I have been unappetized by it every time I see it. User:Prickle 12 December, 2010, 20:59 (UTC)
- The ads shown are outside our control. Please inform Wikia staff of the offending ad via Special:Contact. 「ダイノガイ千？！」? · Talk⇒Dinoguy1000 16:08, December 9, 2010 (UTC)
Something I'm working on: Rondeval and Vaxi Island
I recently went through Yu-Gi-Oh! The Falsebound Kingdom, and took down a bunch of information on the game world. Then recently I decided to use this information to make pages for Rondeval and Vaxi Island. So far I've done pages for two of the regions using the city descriptions from the game, but should there be anything else added? Also someone should add a good quality screenshot of the world map from the game and possibly the individual maps from each stage. -ComputerBox (talk • contribs) 01:41, December 30, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm interested in this project, but I've never played Yu-Gi-Oh! The Falsebound Kingdom, so there's not a lot I can do to help. When you asked if there's anything else that should be added, do you mean to the articles on the locations or were you asking if there's anything else you should create articles for? For what to add to the locations pages, you could add events that happen at the locations and/or items that are found there (if that makes sense in that game). For images, the official Japanese website has a few. I don't know if they're much help. -- Deltaneos (talk) 22:11, January 14, 2011 (UTC)
- Either more information for the existing pages or more ideas for pages would be good. -ComputerBox (talk • contribs) 22:16, January 14, 2011 (UTC)
- Like I said on your talk page; Forum:Yu-Gi-Oh! Wiki Community Discussion would be a better place to ask. More people check there. -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 22:40, January 7, 2011 (UTC)
machina fortress rulings
so i was wondering if my opponent plays e con or monster re born or any thing that would take my fortess from my side to theres . and then lets say it attacks my other 2500 atk monster and they both die does my opponent use the manditory effect of fortess or do i ? "When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, select and destroy 1 card your opponent controls." because it says when sent to graveyard. —This unsigned comment was made by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs)
- Next time, ask your questions on the Forum.
- Similar to what happens with Mystic Tomato ("When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard"). The original owner gets the effect. -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 11:24, January 8, 2011 (UTC)
Did any one go to the regenals at all?
Cards with varying color foiled names like a darkmagican with green holo letters?
Searching the Deck Ruling Change?
Having a discussion as you can read above, I referenced that under circumstances such as Sangan, Nobleman of Crossout, Gravekeeper's Spy, etc. where you must search your deck... if you cannot search for any targets required as listed by an effect, you must show your deck to your opponent to verify this.
I've known this ruling since 2006-2008, and as mentioned in the above link, I was told that there was a ruling change since the 2009 US nationals. I cannot find any online sources confirming this, so can anybody confirm this?
Supposedly, this ruling change means you just state that you cannot find a target for the effect, and your opponent cannot see your deck/hand/whatever is in question. Is this true or rubbish? If this true, a lot of wiki pages need to be corrected.
Here is said statement in question (as shown in the above link):
"you are incorrect in saying that you must show your deck to your opponent if you have no search target when cards like sangan activate. all you have to do is tell your opponent that you have no target for the effect. the only components of the game that are public knowledge are the graveyard, remove from game pile, and whatever cards are face up on the field. there are no circumstances where your opponent is allowed to see any facedown cards on the field, any cards in your hand, or any cards in your deck, except by card effect. This was the ruling as of the 2009 US national championship. if anyone has told you differently, they are lying and simply looking for a way to cheat you."
- If you haven't noticed in the last 4 posts. Stuff like this goes in the forum.
- If it is a Mandatory Trigger Effect like Sangan, then it must activated, and you show your opponent the deck if you don't have a valid target. I haven't heard of any ruling changes from that.
- If it is an Optional Trigger Effect like Peten the Dark Clown, then it can't be activated. If you accidentally activate it during an official tournament, you will be penalized as you are expected to know the contents of your deck. -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 05:47, January 23, 2011 (UTC)
can anybody tell me how to contact konami to see if they will take any card requests? If not can anybody whose really good at drawing, because I'm not, kindly volenter to draw some for me?--Jackthedrak (talk • contribs) 01:31, February 19, 2011 (UTC)
Game Boy Card Pictures
For all the early Game Boy games, I think it would fit better with simply with the card showing, the rest of the info page isn't really necessary. -SlashMan (talk • contribs) 21:23, February 19, 2011 (UTC)
On Wiki in general, there sometimes arises an issue where when I try to upload a new picture of something, it keeps the original image, but switches to the dimensions of the new one. Anyone know why, or better yet, how to prevent this? -SlashMan (talk • contribs) 20:32, February 21, 2011 (UTC)
- It sometimes takes a while for it to be updated (but it should have been fixed, apparently, it's still not fixed I suppose). -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 21:10, February 21, 2011 (UTC)
i need help
ok so here is the deal my friend is an uber good duelist and he finds pleasure in woopin my bum everyday. so i want to build a secret tier 1 deck that will set him on his bum and beat his twilight deck so can anyone help me in building a super strong deck.
P.s. i have terrible luck so somthing that isnt left to chance would be great
Try asking in the Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Help forum. Also, don't forgot to put 4 tildes after your post, like this:
Well let me ask this what kind of deck do you usually run in tourneys
I usually don't run my best decks, because I don't want to be bumped into the advanced tournament, but if you want an easy deck to make that is still pretty darn good, try Blackwings. Soon Duelist Pack 11: Crow will come out, making it extremely easy to make a Blackwing deck at a low price. Another pretty easy to make deck that is good is Batterymen. My Batteryman deck focuses on the Batteryman OTK, which can deal 9000 damage in one turn. Another thing you could do is make an Anti-Meta deck, or a deck based around removing stuff from play so he can't use chaos cards. Posted by Menace13 (talk • contribs) at 02:25, February 22, 2011 (UTC)
ok so sound great but but do you have something tht could almost garinty victorie against a twilight deck..price is ot a prob
I want everybodies take
so i recently built a rather poor six samuri deck out of my friends spare storms of rag. cards and suprisingly enough i held hime off until i started getting a yon of repeating useless cards. so i want everybodies take on them do you think six samuri is worth the effort of making a deck of or just to leave it alone
Hey Anime Fans! Wikia Anime has exciting news! We're partnering with Crunchyroll.com to provide you guys with anime videos that can be watched right at Wikia! In honor of the partnership, we have an EXCLUSIVE giveaway from Crunchyroll with prizes! Read on to find out details and how you can win: http://animanga.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Kacieh/Wikia_Anime_Giveaway
Doctor is in
Any one who needs help with thier decks or recipes put them on my page.(Archfiend King)
"Further results" problem
I get an error when trying to check any list of monster type, for example, when checking Zombie-type, I click "members" in the box at the right, then when I try the "further results" option, I get this:
Permission error Special page
You are not allowed to execute the action you have requested. Return to Main Page.
The page is this: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Ask/-5B-5BMedium::OCG-5D-5D-20-5B-5BType::Zombie-5D-5D/-3FJapanese-20Name/-3FCard-20Type/-3FMonster-20Type/-3FAttribute/-3FLevel/-3FATK/-3FDEF/-3F-3FATK/-3F-3FDEF?cb=7805
Please fix this, or tell me about the reason for this. Thanks.
- It's been addressed at Forum:What happened to Special:Ask?
- -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 04:37, March 11, 2011 (UTC)
historic chart is wrong in march 2011
PLEASE ALERT!!! Your chart of historic banned cards is wrong, the MIND MASTER is missed from that chart, please fixed. thanks in advance.
Burning Land - ruling
I have a rules question and didnt know how to post on the rules section.
For the Spell Burning Land
If I play Burning then play Necrovalley does either or get destroyed or can the both stay on the field?
Photos in all the sections
- I think that if we put photos in all sections and index it wil be more easy to find what all want.
Suggestion for the site: More specific Card Rulings and Versatile Tips.
I saw in another post that someone suggested each card should have a discussion/forum-like deal for each card, so users can give their different opinions and strategies for a specific card. I think that was an AMAZING idea. But one other thing I think we should use, is a section to ask specific questions on rulings.... Like whenever I have trouble with a ruling, I come to this site for help. But when this site doesn't exactly help me with a specific ruling, then I'm stuck. Like there was one thing I had looked up a while back. It was Valhalla, Hall of the Fallen. Could it be stopped by Solemn Warning? It did not say on the specific rulings, but when I looked up the definition of "Continuous Spell Card" I found my answer. But my problem is, I don't have time to do that with every question I have. Most of the time I have a question, I'm in the middle of a duel, and need to find answers quick. So yes, discussion for Card Tips and a place to submit questions towards a specific cards rulings. Thanks!
A page for anther Archetype
I have recently noticed that there seems to be an Archetype that isn't addressed. They all have "Lancer" in their names and focus on dealing piercing damage.
cyber angel benten, dakani, idaten - no card numbers
I am constantly coming up with cards I'd like to use in a deck based on a characters deck in a yugioh season. The cards have no card number, such as: cyber angel benten, cyber angel dakani, etc. as used by Alexis in her Cyber Girls deck. I've also helped my son with decks and the cards aren't available anywhere. Are these cards not yet printed buy where in an episode? or printed in tournament play in Japan and you can't get here? What's the story? Any help?
Problems with several pages? Just me?
I've noticed that the boxes that are usually at the bottom of specific archetype pages containing all members and support of that archetype are no longer there. Is this happening with everyone, or just me? Also, searching "Members," "Support," and "Anti-Support" on several pages is not working.
- That's just you, this has been discussed over nine thousand times! --FredCat 02:06, August 4, 2011 (UTC)