|This article may require cleanup to meet this wiki's standards.|
"Watt", known as "Elec" (エレキ Ereki) in the OCG, is the second Thunder archetype after the "Batteryman" archetype. It was introduced in The Shining Darkness, with further support in Duelist Revolution, Starstrike Blast, Storm of Ragnarok and Photon Shockwave, and is used by Misaki in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2011: Over the Nexus.
Visually, the basic monsters of this archetype are colorful, electrically-themed animals (except "Wattkid", "Wattaildragon" and "Wattsychic Fighter") while the Synchro Monsters are based on mythical creatures.
Each monster's name starts with "Watt", and the Japanese name is a portmanteau of "Eleki" with the animal's name.
|Rōmaji||Animal / Creature (English)|
|Japanese name||Animal / Creature|
The "Watt" archetype consists of low ATK LIGHT monsters with effects mostly revolving around attacking and the Battle Phase. "Watts" have effects that activate after attacking directly, being destroyed by your opponent's cards, or just simply battling. These secondary effects can restrict the opponent's ability to activate effects, although many other types of effects also exist. The two main strategies of the Deck are: an aggressive Deck relying on the Level 4 "Watts" to inflict damage through direct attacks, or using a lockdown by assembling two face-up copies of "Watthopper", which prevents the opponent from targeting all "Watt" monsters for attacks and card effects.
- Archetypes and monsters like the "Ally of Justice" monsters benefit from the many LIGHT monsters "Watts" have.
- King Tiger Wanghu can shut down a "Watt" deck with its effect to destroy monsters Summoned with 1400 ATK or less. Other than the Synchro "Watt" monsters, "Watt" monsters have less than 1400 ATK, so they will be destroyed by his effect.
- Since most "Watts" have effects that revolve around the Battle Phase, cards that prevent attacks, like the Mirror Trap series and Battle Fader, can easily stop the deck.
- Cards that negate effects, such as "Brain Golem" or "Skill Drain" can leave your "Watt" monsters useless. "Light-Imprisoning Mirror" hurts any Deck centered around LIGHT monsters.
- "Spirit Barrier" prevents your opponent from taking battle damage while they control a monster. Since "Watt" monsters have low ATK, it can be difficult to deal with.
- "Des Counterblow" destroys monsters after they inflict battle damage by attacking directly, so it can destroy some of your key "Watt" monsters.
- "Splendid alfonsino". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splendid_alfonsino.
- "Goldfish". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldfish.
- "Sympetrum croceolum, aka "yellow darter", a species of yellow dragonfly found in Asia". http://defworld.freeoda.com/Species%20Details/Sympetrum%20croceolum.html.
- "Katydid". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tettigoniidae.
- Kirimu, a legendary creature in Zaire (present-day Democratic Republic of the Congo).
- The Japanese word for "lemur" that literally means "fox ape".