|Help support Yugipedia by using our Chrome extension, which redirects links to the old Wikia/Fandom site to Yugipedia, ensuring you see the most up-to-date information. Firefox users don't worry—a similar Firefox add-on will be out soon. If you have any issues or find any bugs, be sure to let us know on Discord!|
Code Talker (archetype)
The "Code Talkers" are cybernetic humanoids whose armor is colored based on their Attribute. Their bodies underneath the armor appear similar to the Ignis, particularly the darker bases of Ai and Flame. Each "Code Talker" wields a different weapon that can "expand" in some manner. Some of them also have a monster with similar design and armor that supports the archetype.
|Code Talker||Link Arrows||Counterpart|
|Accesscode Talker||None yet|
|Code Talker||Micro Coder|
|Code Talker Inverted||None yet|
|Encode Talker||None yet|
|Excode Talker||Code Exporter|
|Powercode Talker||None yet|
|Shootingcode Talker||Code Radiator|
|Transcode Talker||Code Generator|
The archetype's name is taken from code talkers. These individuals, who were typically Native Americans, were used by the United States during wars in the 20th Century as a means of encrypting and decrypting communications by using obscure languages that were not widespread and were difficult to translate.
Each member of this archetype appears to have Link Arrows that aids their abilities, regardless of being in the Extra or Main Monster Zone, and that is compatible for co-linked related effects. Through Link Arrows, they share "power-up" effects that apply to either themselves or ally monsters. With the help of "Recoded Alive", you can switch your "Code Talker" monster depending on the situation.
Since they are Link Monsters and their minimum effective abilities require correct placement of the cards on the field, they could be wasteful if Summoned at incorrect timing, so be thoughtful. For example: If your "Decode Talker" does not have at least an opponent's monster to point to; you control only a 2300 ATK non-effective monster, nothing from which to power-up nor to tribute for protection; while "Encode" is completely focused on ally monsters
- This is the first archetype/series composed entirely of Cyberse monsters, as well as the first one made purely of Link Monsters.
- The attack names of all "Code Talkers" in the Japanese version contain a conclusive word in addition to the "code" portion of their names, with the exception of "Powercode Talker" and "Shootingcode Talker" who simply have the portion before the "code" part of their names.
- "Decode Talker" - Decode End
- "Encode Talker" - Final Encode
- "Excode Talker" - Excode Close
- "Powercode Talker" - Power Termination Smash
- "Shootingcode Talker" - Shooting Complete
- "Transcode Talker" - Transcode Finish