Yu-Gi-Oh! - Episode 106
|Yu-Gi-Oh! - Episode 106|
Otoko no Hanamichi Honda Gyokusai
A Man's Path - Honda's Honorable Defeat
|Japanese air date||
May 14, 2002
|English air date||
November 29, 2003
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! episode listing (season 3)|
|Previous||Courtroom Chaos, Part 2|
|Next||Mechanical Mayhem, Part 2|
"Mechanical Mayhem, Part 1", known as "A Man's Path - Honda's Honorable Defeat" in the Japanese version, is the one hundred and sixth episode of the Yu-Gi-Oh! anime. It first aired in Japan on May 14, 2002 and in the United States on November 29, 2003.
- Tristan, Duke and Serenity enter a virtual door in a field which leads them to what appears to be the room where the blimp is held, although the room is empty.
- Nezbitt appears and plans to Duel Serenity. Knowing her inexperience at Dueling, Duke and Tristan negotiate and get Nezbitt to agree to a 3 vs 1 Duel.
- The sequence of turns is: Serenity, Tristan, Duke, Nezbitt, repeat.
- Duke, Tristan, and Serenity are forbidden from discussing strategies with each other.
- Nezbitt opens the floor of the field between them to reveal a sea of radioactive waste. Any player(s) who loses or breaks the rule of discussing strategies falls in.
- This is Serenity's first and only Duel. Because of this, she is prone to making mistakes.
- Yugi, Joey and Téa hear Serenity's voice in a cave and attempt to follow it.
- When Serenity makes an amateur move, Tristan opens himself to attack so that Nezbitt will focus on him instead of Serenity. This does not work, and he resorts to sending his own monsters to intercept Nezbitt's attacks. When he sends his Deck Master ("Super Roboyarou") into such an attack, it is destroyed. This automatically makes him lose, causing him to fall into the radioactive waste. Nezbitt plans to claim his body afterward.
- Kaiba reminisces about destroying Nezbitt's military lab when he took over KaibaCorp.
- Serenity Wheeler: "Goddess with the Third Eye"
- Duke Devlin: "Strike Ninja"
- Tristan Taylor: "Super Roboyarou"
- Nezbitt: "Robotic Knight"
Featured Duel: Tristan Taylor, Duke Devlin & Serenity Wheeler vs. Nezbitt, Part 1
Turn 1: Serenity
Serenity draws "Shadow Tamer". Serenity's hand contains "Scroll of Bewitchment", "Bad Reaction to Simochi", "Witch of the Black Forest", "Fire Princess", "The Forgiving Maiden", and "Shadow Tamer". Serenity Normal Summons "Shadow Tamer" (800/700) in Attack Position.
Turn 2: Tristan
Tristan draws "Cyber Commander". Tristan's hand contains "The A. Forces", "Double Snare", "Garma Sword Oath", "Launcher Spider", "Sengenjin", and "Cyber Commander". Tristan Normal Summons "Cyber Commander" (750/700) in Attack Position.
Turn 4: Nezbitt
Nezbitt draws "Giga-Tech Wolf" and subsequently Normal Summons it (1200/1400) in Attack Position. "Giga-Tech Wolf" attacks and destroys "Shadow Tamer" (Serenity 4000 → 3600). Nezbitt then activates his Deck Master's ability to discard three Machine-Type monsters ("Ground Attacker Bugroth", "Cyber Falcon" and "Oni Tank T-34") and inflict 500 damage to each of his opponents (Serenity 3600 → 3100; Tristan 4000 → 3500; Duke 4000 → 3500). Nezbitt then Sets a card ("Riryoku Field").
Turn 5: Serenity
Serenity draws. She then Normal Summons "The Forgiving Maiden" (850/2000) in Attack Position accidentally, intending to place her in Defense Position.
Turn 6: Tristan
Tristan draws "Block Attack" and subsequently activates it to switch "The Forgiving Maiden" to Defense Position, but Nezbitt activates his face-down "Riryoku Field" to negate "Block Attack" and destroy it.
Turn 8: Nezbitt
Nezbitt draws. He then Tributes "Giga-Tech Wolf" in order to Tribute Summon "Machine King" (2200/2000) in Attack Position. Due to the effect of "Machine King", it gains 100 ATK for every Machine-Type monster on the field. There are currently two ("Machine King": 2200 → 2400/2000).
"Machine King" attacks "The Forgiving Maiden", but Tristan orders "Cyber Commander" to intercept the attack. "Machine King" destroys "Cyber Commander" (Tristan 3500 → 1850) ("Machine King": 2400 → 2300/2000). Nezbitt then activates "Card of Sanctity" to allow all duelists to draw until they have six cards in their hand (Nezbitt draws six cards, Serenity draws one card, and Tristan and Duke both draw two cards). Nezbitt then activates his Deck Master's ability by discarding three Machine-Type monsters ("Cannon Soldier", "Gradius' Option" and one unseen monster) (Serenity 3100 → 2600; Tristan 1850 → 1350; Duke 3500 → 3000). Nezbitt Sets a card.
Turn 9: Serenity
Serenity draws "Lady Panther" and subsequently Normal Summons it (1400/1300) in Defense Position. She then switches "The Forgiving Maiden" to Defense Position.
Turn 10: Tristan
Tristan draws "Command Angel" and subsequently Normal Summons it (1200/1900) in Defense Position.
Turn 11: Duke
Duke draws. He then Normal Summons "Dark Assailant" (1200/1200) in Defense Position. Nezbitt then activates his face-down "Backup Soldier", returning "Giga-Tech Wolf", "Cyber Falcon" and "Ground Attacker Bugroth" from his Graveyard to his hand. Nezbitt then activates his Deck Master's ability to discard the three Machines he just added to his hand (Serenity 2600 → 2100; Tristan 1350 → 850; Duke 3000 → 2500).
Turn 12: Nezbitt
Nezbitt draws "Clockwork Night" and subsequently activates it. Now all monsters that Duke, Tristan, and Serenity currently have on their side of the field become Machine-Type monsters and each of those monsters have their ATK decreased by 500 ("Lady Panther": 1400 → 900/1300; "The Forgiving Maiden": 850 → 350/2000; "Command Angel": 1200 → 700/1900; "Dark Assailant": 1200 → 700/1200; "Yaranzo": 1300 → 800/1500; "The 13th Grave": 1200 → 700/900) while all Machines controlled by Nezbitt gain 500 ATK ("Machine King": 2300 → 2800 → 3400/2000). Nezbitt then activates "Short Circuit" to switch all monsters on his opponents' side of the field to Attack Position.
"Machine King" attacks "The Forgiving Maiden", but Tristan orders his Deck Master, "Super Roboyarou", to intercept the attack. This activates the Deck Master ability of "Super Roboyarou", allowing Tristan to Set a card ("Rare Metal Soul") and increase the ATK of his Deck Master" by 1000 ("Super Roboyarou": 1200 → 2200/1200). "Machine King" destroys "Super Roboyarou" (Tristan 850 → 0). With his Deck Master destroyed on top of losing all of his life points, Tristan loses and his digital body falls into the radioactive pit below.
Differences In Adaptations
- In the original, Shizuka is shown being hit by the attack. This sequence is cut in the dub and replaced by the fall from later in the episode.
- "The Forgiving Maiden" was redesigned in the US version to make her less nun-like.
- As with Gansley, Crump, and Johnson in the dub, Nezbitt's face is sometimes shown over his Deck Master's.
- In the dub, the shots of Machine King's fist striking "Cyber Commander" and Tristan are initially obscured by a lens flare.
- In the original Serenity mentions that she picks the monsters she finds cute. This is removed from the dub.
- Duke could have easily prevented Nezbitt from Summoning "Machine King" because "Yaranzo" has 100 more ATK than "Giga-Tech Wolf".
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.
- This card can be seen in Serenity's hand.
- Serenity picks this card when she was building her Deck.
- This card can be seen in Tristan's hand.
- This card can be seen when Tristan lost his entire Life Points.
- Duke picks this card when he was building his Deck.
- This card can be seen when Duke's monsters were changed to Machine-Type monsters due the effect of "Clockwork Night".
- This card was one of the monsters that Nezbitt used for the Deck Master ability of "Robotic Knight".
- This card was played as a Magic Card. It was depicted as a Trap Card in the English version. It is a Trap Card in the TCG/OCG.