Card Appearances:Celtic Guardian
- This card is called "Elf Swordsman" on his first appearance but this is corrected in later episodes.
- This card is known as "Guardia Celta" in the anime's Spanish version.
- In episode 2, Yami Yugi uses this card during his Duel against Maximillion Pegasus. After Yugi summons this card, he uses it to "Illuionist Faceless Mage", but Pegasus uses the second effect of "Eye of Illusion" to redirect the attack to Yugi's "Dark Magician" (who Pegasus took control of via "Eye of Illusion"). "Dark Magician" then destroys this card.
- In episode 10, Yami Yugi uses this card during his Duel against Ghost Kaiba. After summoning this card, Yugi uses this card to attack and destroy "Grappler". This card remained on the field until the Duel was over.
- In episode 14, Yami Yugi uses this card during his Duel against PaniK. He summons this card in Defense Position. PaniK then summons "Barox" and uses it to attack and destroy this card.
- In episode 16, this card is shown in a flashback Bakura Ryou has when he makes note of his Millennium Ring pointing at the castle as something similar when he first started attending Yugi Muto's school. Joey is shown using this card in his duel against Yugi. What happens next is unknown as the flashback then shifted to Bakura who then noticed that his Millennium Ring is pointing to Yugi's Millennium Puzzle.
- In episode 19, Yami Yugi uses this card during his Tag Duel with Joey Wheeler against the Paradox Brothers. After summoning this card, Yugi moves this card 4 spaces into the maze. The brothers' "Wall Shadow" then immediately attacks this card, but Joey activates "Kunai with Chain" to equip "Kunai with Chain" to Joey's "Axe Raider" and raise the ATK of both "Axe Raider" and this card by 500. This card then destroys "Wall Shadow". On Para's End Phase, the boost this card got from "Kunai with Chain" wears off, returning its ATK to its original value. In the next episode, Yugi got this card together with his "Dark Magician", "Axe Raider" and "Flame Swordsman", but the brothers cut Yugi and Joey's cards off from each other with "Magical Labyrinth". Later, Dox's "Dungeon Worm" (whose ATK was 2200 due to it being equipped with "Invigoration") attacks and destroys this card.
- In episode 24, Yami Yugi uses this card during his Duel against Seto Kaiba. After he summons this card, Yugi uses this card to attack and destroy "Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon" (who had 900 ATK due to the "Mammoth Graveyard", "Living Arrow", and "Polymerization" combo weakening it three times), however it only managed to slice off one of its heads (because according to Bakura, "Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon" is a fusion of three monsters and as such each head had its own amount of ATK which they all share). At this point, Kaiba couldn't bear to lose this duel as he will lose the only chance at saving his brother while Yugi wishes to save both his grandfather and Mokuba from Pegasus. Kaiba then moved to the edge and threatened to jump off if Yugi attacks (in the dub, Kaiba claimed that the attack's shockwave will throw him off the ledge). He then activates "Monster Reborn" to revive the head that this card cut off with the head being 100% clean and at the original ATK of "Blue-Eyes White Dragon". Yami Yugi attempts to attack another weakened head with this card as he was unwilling to lose the Duel, but Yugi hampers this card's attack at the last moment as he could not bear to see Kaiba fall to his death. The healthy head of "Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon" healthy head then attacks and destroys this card, defeating Yugi.
- In episode 25, this card appears in a flashback Yugi Muto has when he remembers Yami Yugi nearly making his winning move against Seto Kaiba despite that he and Yugi knew full well that Kaiba will fall off the ledge if he attacks. The attack was stopped by Yugi at the last moment because he couldn't bear to see Kaiba fall to his death. This led to Yugi being defeated. Yugi notes Yami Yugi would have killed Kaiba if he didn't stop him and that there was no other choice. Yugi wonders if he would ever duel again since he could not control Yami Yugi at that point and it may happen again.
- In episode 30, this card is shown in Yami Yugi's hand during his Duel against Mai Valentine.
- This card also appears in a flashback Yami Yugi has when he remembers his Duel against Kaiba on top of the castle and Kaiba wagering his life right when Yugi was about to win. Yami notes that he thought if he had lost, he would have lost his pride as a duelist, but instead he realized something else.
- In episode 33, Yami Yugi uses this card during his Duel against Joey Wheeler. He summons this card on the first turn of the Duel. Joey's "Giltia the Dark Knight" then attacks and destroys this card.
- In episode 35, this card was shown in Yami Yugi's hand during his Duel against Pegasus. In the next episode, Yugi summons this card and uses it to attack Pegasus's "Toon Mermaid", but "Toon Mermaid" then destroys this card since Toon Monsters can't be destroyed by non-Toon Monsters.
- In the first above-mentioned episode, this card appears in Yugi Muto's thoughts when he notes it will take all the wisdom his grandfather taught him and all the power in his cards to defeat Pegasus.
- In episode 41, Yugi Muto uses this card during his Duel against Rebecca Hawkins. AFter this card is summoned, Yugi uses this card to attack and destroy Rebecca's "Witch of the Black Forest". Rebecca then uses the effect of "Witch of the Black Forest" to add a monster with 1500 or less DEF from her Deck to her hand. On Yugi's next turn, this card attacks and destroys Rebecca's "Sangan". Rebecca then uses the effect of "Sangan" to add a monster with 1500 or less ATK from her Deck to her hand. Rebecca then activates "Tribute to the Doomed" to destroy this card.
- In episode 46, this card is shown on some TV monitors that were showing the Duels that occurred in Duelist Kingdom.
- In episode 50, Yugi Muto uses this card during his Duel against Bandit Keith while the latter was possessed by Marik Ishtar. He summons this card on the first turn of the Duel. On Yugi's next turn, this card attacks and destroys Bandit Keith's set monster, but the set monster is then revealed to be "Cyber Jar". The Flip Effect of "Cyber Jar" then activates, destroying this card and forcing Yugi and Keith to draw five cards and summon any Level 4 or below monsters they drew.
- In episode 53, Yami Yugi uses this card during his Duel against Johnny Steps. After this card is summoned, Yugi uses this card to attack and destroy Johnny's "Sonic Maid". Later Johnny's "Musician King" attacks and destroys this card.
- This card also appears on a poster that Yami Yugi and Téa Gardner read when they find a game store that was selling Duel Monster cards.
- In episode 60, this card is seen in Yami Yugi's hand during his Duel against Arkana. On the third turn of the Duel, Yugi discards this card due to the effect of "Card Destruction".
- In episode 99, this card appears when Yami Yugi was building his Virtual World Deck for his Duel against Gansley.
- This card was later shown when Yami Yugi was about to choose who his Deck Master will be before "Kuriboh" chooses itself as Yugi's Deck Master.
- In episode 106, this card can be seen when Duke Devlin, Tristan Taylor, and Serenity Wheeler were building their Virtual World Decks for their Duel against Nezbitt.
- In episode 108, this card can be seen when Seto Kaiba was building his Virtual World Deck for his Duel against Leichter.
- In episode 111, this card can be seen when Yami Yugi and Joey were building their Virtual World Decks for their Duel against the Big Five.
- In episode 135, this card is seen in a series of flashbacks that Yami Yugi has when he notes to himself that his rivalry with Seto Kaiba allowed him to fight harder and reach new heights.
- In episode 142, Yami Yugi uses this card during his Duel against Yami Marik. He banishes this card in order to activate "Ragnarok". This card was then shown as one of the many monsters that were used to hold down Yami Marik's "The Winged Dragon of Ra".
Waking the Dragons
- In episode 159, this card is shown when Weevil Underwood and Rex Raptor are taken to a vault within Paradius's headquarters that contains copies of every card in existence (with the exception of the Legendary Dragons and the Egyptian Gods).
- In episode 164, this card appears in a flashback that Yami Yugi has when he remembers his Duel with Seto Kaiba at Duelist Kingdom and how he let his pride over winning get the better of him.
Dawn of the Duel
- In episode 222, this card appears in a flashback Yami Yugi has when he reminds Yugi Muto that he taught him that a person's life is much more important than winning.
Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monsters
- Yugi Muto was holding the the Capsule Monster version of this card while teaching Téa Gardner how to play Capsule Monsters.
- This monster is the first one Yugi obtains.
- This card appears in the second version of the show's Japanese opening song 99%.
- In episode 8, this card appears in Henrietta's explanation of the LID curriculum and how they want to add Pendulum Summoning to their curriculum.