|Revised Romanization||Jeonsur-ui Baljeon|
|Part of series||Core Booster|
|Number of cards||
|Cover card||Rainbow Dragon|
|Yugioh-Card database ID|
|Sneak Peek||Tactical Evolution Sneak Peek Participation Card|
|2-pack set||Tactical Evolution 2-Pack Set|
|Special Edition||Tactical Evolution: Special Edition|
Tactical Evolution is a Core Booster in the Yu-Gi-Oh! Official Card Game (OCG) and Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game (TCG). It is the fifth Core Booster of Series 5. It follows Force of the Breaker and was followed by Gladiator's Assault.
Packs of the TCG set were also printed in the Tactical Evolution: Special Edition.
In February 18, 2020, this set was re-released in Korean.
- Introduces Gemini monsters to the OCG/TCG, the first appearance of a new Ability since Advent of Union.
- Includes cards used by Axel Brodie, Chazz Princeton, Jaden Yuki, Jesse Anderson, and Thelonious Viper.
- Includes members and/or support for the "Alien", "Chrysalis", "Crystal Beast", "Dark World", "Elemental HERO", "Neo-Spacian", "Ojama", and "Volcanic" archetype, as well as the Greed and Konami Arcade Games series.
- Introduces the "Bamboo Sword", "Ultimate Crystal", and "Venom" archetypes, as well as the Effigy series, to the OCG/TCG.
- Introduces the first support for the "Neos" archetype to the OCG/TCG.
- Features the first Holographic Rare and Ghost Rare cards, in the OCG and TCG respectively.
- Increases the ratio of Ultra Rare cards.
- All 18 Rares from the Unlimited Edition of this set reprinted in the Collectible Tins 2007 have been misprinted with the title name printed in Secret Rare lettering foil.
In the Japanese version there are 5 cards per pack and 30 packs per box.
The OCG set includes 80 cards or 86 in the Master Set. This is comprised of:
In the TCG there are 9 cards per pack and 24 packs per box. The set contains 90 cards, comprised of: