Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V - Scale 030
|English||The World That Sora Wants!|
|Japanese magazine||V Jump 2018 #3|
|English magazine||Weekly Shonen Jump|
|Volume||5: "The Enemy's Hideout!"|
|Japanese||January 21, 2018|
|English||January 22, 2018|
|Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V chapters|
|Next||"Satisfaction and Resignation!"|
"The World That Sora Wants!" (素良の望む世界！ Sora no Nozomu Sekai!) is the thirtieth chapter of the Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V manga.
Featured Duel: Yuya Sakaki vs Sora Shiunin
Duel continues from the previous Scale.
Turn 2: Yuya
Yuya sets 1 card.
Turn 3: Sora
Sora obtains this turn's Action Card. He then Sets his Pendulum Scales with "Frightfur Claw Pirate" (PS 4) and "Frightfur Bone Diver" (PS 9).[note 1] He Pendulum Summons "Frightfur Meister" (0/0). So long as Sora controls another "Frightfur" monster, "Meister" cannot be selected as an attack target. He then activates its effect, allowing him to Special Summon one Level 4 or lower "Frightfur" monster from this deck that has the same name as one he controls. He Special Summons a second "Frightfur Sadmarine". He then activates "Meister's" second effect, allowing him to Tribute "Frightfur" monsters he controls to Special Summon a "Frightfur" Fusion Monster from his Extra Deck that is the same Level as the total of the Tributed monsters, ignoring its Summoning conditions. He Special Summons "Frightfur Daredevil" (3000/2500).
Sora attacks Yuya's "Enter-Mate Mer☆Maid" with "Daredevil". Yuya activates the effect of "Mer☆Maid", switching it to Defense Position when it is targeted for an attack. "Mer☆Maid" is destroyed, which allows Sora to activate "Daredevil's effect, inflicting 1000 points of damage to Yuya as it destroyed a monster in battle (LP 2400 → 1400).
At this point, Yuri switches places with Yuya.
Turn 4: Yuri
Yuri obtains this turn's Action Card. He then Sets "Odd-Eyes Persona Dragon" (PS 1) and "Odd-Eyes Mirage Dragon" (PS 8) as his Pendulum Scales. He then activates the Spell Card "Pendulum Fusion", allowing him to use monsters in his Pendulum Zone as material for a Fusion Summon. He uses "Persona Dragon" and "Mirage Dragon" to Fusion Summon "Starving Venemy Dragon" (2500/2000). He actives "Starving Venemy's" effect, allowing him to negate the effects of "Daredevil" and have "Starving Venemy" gain those effects. Also, he reduces the ATK of "Daredevil" by 500 (3000 → 2500), and inflict that amount as damage to Sora (LP 4000 → 3500). Yuri then activates the Action Card "Bubble Down", to further reduce the ATK of "Daredevil" by the same amount of effect damage that Sora has taken (2500 → 2000). "Starving Venemy" attacks and destroys "Daredevil" (Sora LP 3500 → 3000). As it destroyed a monster, the copied effect of "Starving Venemy" activates, inflicting 1000 points of damage to Sora (LP 3000 → 2000).
Turn 5: Sora
Yuri obtains this turn's Action Card. Sora Normal Summons "Fluffal Bear" (0/0). He then activates the first effect of "Meister" allowing him to Special Summon a second "Fluffal Bear" from his Deck (0/0). Next, he activates "Claw Pirate's" Pendulum Effect, allowing him to destroy the card in his other Pendulum Zone to Special Summon a "Frightfur" monster whose Level is less than or equal to the Pendulum Scale of the destroyed card, in Defense Position with its effects negated. He destroys "Bone Diver" and Special Summons "Daredevil" (3000/2500).
He then activates the second effect of "Meister", which allows him to Tribute "Frightfur" monsters he controls to Special Summon a "Frightfur" Fusion Monster from his Extra Deck whose Level is equal to the total Levels of the Tributed monster, ignoring its Summoning conditions. He Tributes "Daredevil" and his two "Bears" to Special Summon "Dangerous Frightfur Nightmary" (2000/3000). "Nightmary" attacks "Starving Venemy", then uses its effect to gain 300 ATK for each "Frigthfur", "Fluffal", and "Edge Imp" card in its controller's Graveyard. Since there are 5 such cards in Sora's Graveyard, "Nightmary" gains 1500 ATK (2000 → 3500). It destroys "Starving Venemy" (Yuri LP 1400 → 400). Because it was destroyed, "Starving Venemy's" effect activates, placing it into one of Yuri's Pendulum Zones (PS 1). Sora activates the second effect of "Nightmary", which activates when it destroys a monster by battle, allowing him to send a number of Frightfur Units from his deck to the Graveyard equal to the Level of the destroyed monster. He sends 8 cards to the Graveyard,[note 2] one of which is a third copy of "Sadmarine".
Duel continues in the next Scale.
- In this chapter's original Japanese release and the English version, Sora Pendulum Summons "Frightfur Meister", a Level 8 monster, despite his highest Pendulum Scale ("Frightfur Bone Diver") having a Pendulum Scale of 8 rather than 9. In the Japanese Volume release, "Frightfur Bone Diver's" Pendulum Scale was changed to 9 in order to rectify this error.
- In the English version, when Sora activates the Pendulum Effect of "Frightfur Claw Pirate", he states that he can Summon a monster whose Level is lower than his destroyed Pendulum Card's Pendulum Scale. However, he destroys "Frightfur Bone Diver" (whose Pendulum Scale is 8 in the English version) and Special Summons "Frightfur Daredevil" (a Level 8 monster). In the Japanese version, Sora instead says that he can Special Summon a monster whose Level is less than or equal to the Level of the destroyed monster.
- Additionally, in the Japanese Volume release, "Bone Diver's" Pendulum Scale was changed to 9, which would mean that this effect would work even if it could only Special Summon a monster with a lower Level than the destroyed monster's Pendulum Scale.
- The effect of "Dangerous Frightfur Nightmary" allows Sora to send a number of Frightfur Units from his Deck to the Graveyard equal to the Level of a monster it destroys by battle. However, when "Nightmary" destroyed "Starving Venemy Dragon" (a Level 7 monster), he sent 8 cards to the Graveyard rather than 7.
The following cards appeared in this chapter. Cards in italics debuted here.
- In the original Japanese release and the English release, "Frightfur Bone Diver's" Pendulum Scale was shown to be 8. In the Japanese Volume release, this was changed to 9.
- Despite the number of cards sent being equal to the destroyed monster's Level, Sora sends 8 cards after destroying the Level 7 "Starving Venemy".