Accel Synchro Monster
|Accel Synchro Monster|
Accel Synchro (Monster)
Accel Synchro Monsters (アクセルシンクロ Akuseru Shinkuro) are a sub-type of Synchro Monsters that exclusively appear in the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's anime and manga. They can only be Synchro Summoned by Accel Synchro Summon, which requires the Duelist to be in a state of Clear Mind (only in the anime) and requires using 1 Tuner Synchro Monster and 1 or more non-Tuner Synchro Monsters as the Synchro Materials. An Accel Synchro Summon can be performed on both player's turns.
Accel Synchro Monster is not an official term in the TCG/OCG; the TCG/OCG counterparts to the anime/manga Accel Synchro Monsters are regular Synchro Monsters. However, there are Synchro Monsters that require Synchro Monsters as all of their Synchro Materials in the TCG/OCG, including the counterparts to the anime Accel Synchro Monsters.
The fact that Accel Synchro Summons are performed at Spell Speed 2, coupled with the individual effects of Accel Synchro Monsters, provide a defense against effects that target Synchro Monsters, such as those of the "Meklord Emperors". Consequently, Yusei and the rest of Team 5D's pursued the secrets behind Accel Synchro Summoning before and during the World Racing Grand Prix.
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's (manga)
- In the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's anime, Yusei's Accel Synchro Monsters have the same ATK as Antinomy's equivalent monsters.
- All basic Accel Synchro Monsters (i.e. Accel Synchro Monsters that are not Delta Accel Synchro Monsters or Limit Over Accel Synchro Monsters) are Level 10 monsters.
- In the OCG, counterparts to the anime Accel Synchro Monsters were first printed in Starstrike Blast, for which the Accel Synchro Monster "Shooting Star Dragon" is the cover card.
- Two OCG-original Synchro Monsters, "Stardust Warrior" and "Shooting Star Dragon T.G. EX", who both require Synchro Monsters as their Synchro Materials, were portrayed as Accel Synchro Monsters in official media.
- In the TCG/OCG, Tuner Synchro Monsters that were used to perform Accel Synchro Summons in the anime ("Formula Synchron" and "T.G. Wonder Magician") were given Quick Effects that allow their controller to perform a Synchro Summon during their opponent's turn, mimicking the fact that Accel Synchro Summons are Spell Speed 2 in the anime.
- 遊戯王OCGチャンネル (16 November 2014). "遊戯王アーク・ファイブ OCG STRUCTURE DECK - シンクロン・エクストリーム - CM". YouTube (in Japanese). Archived from the original on 10 July 2017. (mirror)
- 遊戯王OCGチャンネル (23 April 2020). "【期間限定公開】遊戯王デュエルオペラ/第一幕『5D's』/KONAMI". YouTube (in Japanese). 6:49. Archived from the original on 24 April 2020.