- French: Carte Compétence
- German: Fähigkeitskarte
- Italian: Carta Abilità
- Portuguese: Card de Habilidade
- Spanish: Carta de Habilidad
Skill Cards are cards with dark blue-colored borders that can affect the state of the game. These cards are exclusive to the Speed Duel format and debuting in Speed Duel Starter Decks: Destiny Masters and Speed Duel Starter Decks: Duelists of Tomorrow. Skill Cards are not placed in the Main Deck, and do not currently have a dedicated zone on the field, however, Konami recommends placing them near the Field Zone. Another distinction of Skill Cards from other cards is that the card backing is different from the standard card backing, featuring some artwork of the character associated with the skill and text describing its activation conditions. The effects and names of some Skill Cards are adapted from Skills in Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links.
- Each player can only have 1 Skill Card during a Duel.
- Before the start of the Duel, each player places their Skill Card face-down in front of them, where both players can see the character but not the actual Skill being used.
- However, some Skill Cards have specific instructions on where to place that card that is written on its back side.
- Skill Card effects do not use the Chain when activating and cannot be responded to.
- Once the activation requirements of the Skill Card are met and there are no cards resolving on the Chain, the player can announce the activation of the Skill, flip the card over and resolve it.
Continuous Spell Skill Card