|Anime debut||Yu-Gi-Oh! episode 145145: "A New Evil - Part 1"|
Gurimo is a bearded man with dark hair, a high forehead and a widow's peak, in addition to a monocle over his left eye. He dresses in a dark sleeveless hooded robe over green-grey clothing.
Gurimo Duels strategically, and appears decently skilled as he was able to defeat both Weevil and Rex at the same time. He shows complete loyalty to the organization to which he belongs. He also appears to like a challenging/skilled opponents, as he called his Duel against Yugi "refreshing" compared to past opponents.
Gurimo is Rafael's subordinate. In the first episode of the Doma arc, he defeats Rex Raptor and Weevil Underwood and captures their souls. Later, after Rafael, Valon, and Alister steal the Egyptian God Cards from Yugi Muto, they give "Obelisk the Tormentor" to Gurimo, who proceeds to challenge Yugi using it and "The Seal of Orichalcos". By infecting it with the Seal's power, Gurimo even manages to control "Obelisk" without the fatal side effects which usually occur when those deemed "unworthy" attempt to Summon the Egyptian Gods.
Gurimo runs a Warrior Deck, focused on a swarm strategy. His monsters' otherwise mediocre ATK are increased by both "The Seal of Orichalcos" and "The A. Forces". His Deck and its swarm ability is also able to take advantage of the fact that "The Seal of Orichalcos" allows him to control up to 10 monsters at once, as he places his more vulnerable monsters in the back row to prevent them from being attacked while his more defensive monsters are summoned to the front row. This strategy also can work well with "Obelisk the Tormentor", as it gives him enough monsters to Tribute for both its Summon and effect. However this strategy can also lead to his undoing, as if multiple monsters are destroyed at once, he takes even more damage, as Yugi proved.
|Rex Raptor and Weevil Underwood||145||Win (off-screen)|
|Yami Yugi/Yugi Muto||145-146||Lose|
- In the English dubbed anime, Gurimo's name is never spoken out loud, instead mostly being referred to as "the old man" by Alister and Valon, but subsequent official sources have referred to him as "Gurimo" in English.
- Yu-Gi-Oh! episode 145145: "A New Evil - Part 1"
- Yu-Gi-Oh! episode 146146: "A New Evil - Part 2"
- Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME » The Seal of Orichalcos: Filling in the Blanks
- "Legendary Collection 3: Yugi's World". Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME. Konami. Archived from the original on 13 July 2012.