|It is with heavy hearts that we mourn the passing of our game's creator, Kazuki Takahashi.|
|Japanese (base text)||
WATER decks are historically themed after long-term resource games while locking down the opponent. WATER archetypes in 2021 typically focus on making long combo plays, perhaps an extension of their focus on resources. They are also effect-wise associated with removing cards from the opponent's hand, such as through the effects of "Evigishki Gustkraken", the "Deep Sea" monsters, or "Moulinglacia the Elemental Lord".
Across the franchise, WATER monsters are primarily used by the following characters.
- Mako Tsunami in Yu-Gi-Oh!
- Adrian Gecko in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
- Shark and Rio in Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL
- Allie in Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V
- Skye Zaizen in Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS
- Skipjack, Buff Grimes, Yujin Goha, and Flash Umiko in Yu-Gi-Oh! SEVENS
- Tell Kawai and Manya Atachi in Yu-Gi-Oh! GO RUSH!!
- Cloudian (excluding "Cloudian - Eye of the Typhoon")
- Ice Barrier
- Shark (excluding "Shark Fortress")
- WATER is the only Attribute not to contain any "LV" monsters.