Yu-Gi-Oh! - Duel 224
|English||The Future is Now|
|Japanese magazine||Weekly Shōnen Jump 2001 #30|
|Tankōbon volume||26: "Duel with the Future"|
|Bunkoban volume||Volume 15|
|Japanese||June 25, 2001|
|Previous||"The Depths of Darkness!"|
|Next||"Kaiba Declares War!"|
"The Future is Now", titled "The Beginning of the "Future!"" (「未来」の始まり！！ "Mirai" no Hajimari!!) in the Japanese version, is the 224th chapter of the Yu-Gi-Oh! manga. In its first English printing, it was numbered as the 165th chapter of Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist. In the 3-in-1 edition, its number was changed to match the original Japanese printing.
Having defeated Mai Kujaku, Dark Marik subjects her to a Penalty Game. Then the last Duel of the Battle City semi-finals between Seto Kaiba and the eight duelist, revealed to be Ishizu Ishtar, Marik's sister, starts.
The following cards appeared in this chapter. Cards in italics debuted here.
In the Yu-Gi-Oh! anime, the end of the 92nd episode, ""Mind Game: Mai Vs. Marik, Part 3"" and beginning of the 93rd episode ""A Duel with Destiny: Kaiba Vs. Ishizu, Part 1"" are based on this chapter. There are a number of differences including:
- In the anime, Jonouchi was not wearing his school uniform.
- In the anime, Anzu was wearing different clothes.
- In the anime, Mai was pinned by "Holding Arms" and "Holding Legs" against "Sacred Stone of Ujat", instead of being captured by "Viser Shock".
- Dark Marik trapped Mai inside an hourglass with sand falling over her instead of exposing her to flesh-eating scarabs.
- In the anime, they show a long time before the next Duel starts; in the manga, it starts directly after the previous Duel ends.
- "Oda's Deep Thoughts". thegrandline.com. (release date for Weekly Shōnen Jump 2001 #30)