Yu-Gi-Oh! - Duel 205
|English||The Undying Grudge!|
|Japanese magazine||Weekly Shōnen Jump 2001 #8|
|Tankōbon volume||23: "The Battle City Finals"|
|Bunkoban volume||Volume 14|
|Japanese||January 22, 2001|
|Previous||"The Thing in the Dark"|
"The Undying Grudge!", titled "Soul of Grudge!!" (怨念の魂！！ On'nen no Tamashī!!) in the Japanese version, is the 205th chapter of the Yu-Gi-Oh! manga. In its first English printing, it was numbered as the 146th chapter of Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist. In the 3-in-1 edition, its number was changed to match the original Japanese printing.
Featured Duel: Dark Yugi vs Dark Bakura
Turn 8: Dark Yugi
Dark Yugi draws. He Tributes "Baphomet" to Summon "Dark Magician Girl." (2000/1700) Dark Yugi activates his Set Spell Card "Magic Formula," and equips it to "Dark Magician Girl" to increase her ATK by 500. (2000 - 2500 ATK) "Dark Magician Girl" attacks "Dark Necrofear" and destroys it. (Bakura: 450). Since "Dark Necrofear" has been sent to the Graveyard, its effect allows Dark Bakura to target one of Dark Yugi's monsters during each of his turns, and if that monster declares an attack, Dark Bakura will gain Life Points equal to half the ATK of the "possessed" monster, and Dark Yugi will lose the same amount. "Gamma the Magnet Warrior" attacks Bakura's Life Points directly, but Bakura has targeted it with "Dark Necrofear's" effect, resulting in the attack being negated, Dark Yugi losing Life Points equal to half of "Gamma's" ATK (Yugi: 3250) while Bakura gains that amount of Life Points (Bakura: 1200). Since "Dark Necrofear" is in Dark Bakura's Graveyard, he can activate his Set "Destiny Board." During Dark Yugi's End Phase, it spells out a new letter of "DEATH," so it spell out the letter D. After all five letters have been spelled out, Dark Bakura can declare an automatic win.
Turn 9: Dark Bakura
Dark Bakura draws, then he activates Permanent Spell Card "The Dark Door." Dark Yugi is now only allowed to declare one attack per turn. Dark Bakura Normal Summons "Earthbound Spirit" (500/2000) in Defense Position.
Turn 10: Dark Yugi
Dark Yugi draws, then he Normal Summons "Kuriboh" in Defense Position. "Dark Magician Girl" attacks "Earthbound Spirit," but Dark Bakura has targeted her with the effect of "Dark Necrofear," so the attack is negated and Dark Yugi takes damage equal to half the ATK of "Dark Magician Girl." (Yugi: 2000) while Bakura gains the same amount of Life Points. (Bakura: 2450) During the End Phase,"Destiny Board" spells the second letter, E.
The following cards appeared in this chapter. Cards in italics debuted here.
- In the anime, Yami Yugi (Dark Yugi) Summoned "Gazelle the King of Mythical Beasts" instead of "Berfomet".
- During the Duel, Yami Bakura (Dark Bakura) was still wearing his jacket.
- "Dark Magician Girl" has her breast size reduced and her hexagram replaced with a pentagram.
- "Destiny Board" was changed to match its OCG effect, which removed the connection to "Dark Necrofear" and required a "Spirit Message" Magic Card to be placed on the field for each letter in the message.
- The presence of "Dark Necrofear" in the Graveyard became a necessity to use "Dark Sanctuary", rather than to use "Destiny Board". Consequently, "Dark Necrofear" was not shown operating the Ouija board.
- "Oda's Deep Thoughts". thegrandline.com.